jet pro opaque? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

jet pro opaque?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 23rd, 2008 Sep 23, 2008 5:16:13 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Petr
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default jet pro opaque?

It seems I remember someone had a post about jet pro opaque! I was wondering if anyone has used this paper? If so, what were their results! I bring it up because I had another post looking for "promotion products" and a member told me to look at Casiqlt.com for the other items and I seen it ther. Can anyone give any info on this paper?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2008 Sep 25, 2008 11:18:36 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Default Re: jet pro opaque?

There is a paper called Jet Pro, and then also a paper called Jetpro Sofstretch.

They are two different papers.

Jetprosofstretch (JPSS) is the paper that folks are raving about at the moment, stretchy, soft hand, no cracking or peeling. At this time (Sept 08) there is no dark/opaque version of this paper.

Hope this helps.

Old October 29th, 2008 Oct 29, 2008 10:06:41 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete219
It seems I remember someone had a post about jet pro opaque! I was wondering if anyone has used this paper? If so, what were their results! I bring it up because I had another post looking for "promotion products" and a member told me to look at Casiqlt.com for the other items and I seen it ther. Can anyone give any info on this paper?
Maybe you are looking for Jet Opaque Transfer Paper?

Here is a link to a video tutorial on the Jet Opaque Paper...

Old April 30th, 2014 Apr 30, 2014 6:25:13 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Joe

Hello tee shirt forum people.....

My name is Joe Mica. I have been in embroidery for about 6 years now and I'm pretty good at it.. I do my own digitizing. One thing that I never have done is steer a novice the wrong way... I'm just getting into vinyl heat press, vnyl sign and ink jet transfer paper... So far the ink transfer is very good for use on light colored shirts... I have been using jet pro SS on 100% poly shirts with excellent results... The people who are advocating Jetpro 11 Opaque are just trying to get rid of their stock... It is terrible. Feels like a sheet of plastic on your skin... I weeded a 10.5"" x 4" soaring eagle that I vectorized in corel draw and pressed it with heavy pressure for 30 sec. at 350 deg... Wasted a really good shirt.... It looks good, stuck to the 100% poly nicely but, heavy plastic feel and not the quality that comes out of my shop....I'm new at this technique, maybe I did it wrong. BTW the the lettering over the eagle was done with CadCut Premium, excellent results.... If there is a quality opaque paper out there please let me know....My jerPro11 opaque is going in the trash....
Just my advice for someone looking to waste their money on JetPro11 opaque....
My 2c
Joe Mica

The Following User Says Thank You to statictoo For This Useful Post:
Lnfortun (April 30th, 2014)
Old April 30th, 2014 Apr 30, 2014 9:22:35 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,130 Times in 837 Posts

I agree. Most opaque feels like raincoat. So I only use it for family and relative shirts. That is kinda mean but the shirts are free.

Besides inkjet printer will clog and that's the next thing that can go wrong. I trashed 4 printers large and small footprints. I use 2 step self weeding Imageclip Laser Light. It is very good for light and pastel. No polymer window to worry about.

Old May 1st, 2014 May 1, 2014 10:26:30 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dee
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just my 2 cents' worth, based on a passing thought. It seems like the opaque papers would be fine for sweatshirts where the heavy hand isn't that noticeable anyway.

Old May 9th, 2014 May 9, 2014 7:57:00 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Joe

Dee,

The jetpro ll is really not that bad.... After the wonderful results with the jetpro light the opaque felt like raincoat material.... The design I used was rather large. A soaring eagle that used most of the sheet... I would use it again for smaller designs and definitely for designs that are more open..... Not solid. I was disappointed because it was thicker than jetpro light and the high heat and heavy pressure required left a platen mark on the dark blue 100% poly shirt... I am about to heat press some red shirts but I'm going to use teflon pillows under the design to eliminate the platen mark...I hope I get good results because I really like the process. Embroidery has been very good for me but it too is heavy when the design is large or dense....If you look at scare coats worn by Race car drivers, motorcycle jackets, rodeo shirts, golf shirts they all prefer embroidery but for, sweat a lot sports like tennis, soccer, etc. embroidery is too heavy... Each process has it's use.....

My 2c
Statictoo

Joe M.

Old May 9th, 2014 May 9, 2014 4:35:27 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Dee
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, Joe. You're right. Small designs would be fine.

This is a discussion about jet pro opaque? that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in