New to this, but also Excited! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

New to this, but also Excited!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xfuture

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2014 Oct 12, 2014 9:36:48 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New to this, but also Excited!

Hi, i'm a total newbie and wanted some info on what kind of printer i need, ink i need and wether or not i need a CISS system to print my designs or not. I already know what Heat Press i want, now i just need to know the printer information. what printer is best for heat transfers with the least amount of hassle. What kind of paper do i need. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 14th, 2014 Oct 14, 2014 5:09:02 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Craig
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: New to this, but also Excited!

Hi - I am a Newbie also. I have learned so much from this forum.

I am not a pro but I did follow the advice of some of the guys/gals on the forum and have not gone wrong yet.

Printer - I just purchased the Epson WF7110. I already had a 1430 before I started printing shirts but I use it mainly to print CD's for artist (im a recording engineer by trade). So far it has been a great printer. Ink is expensive so I just invested in a continuous ink system.

Paper - I have been experimenting with the Neenah Heat Press transfers. I found a guy that was going out of business in LA and sold be about 200 sheets for 50.00. So far I have had great results. I do have some questions on how to keep the ink from coming apart when you stretch the t-shirt. But so far, my prints come out great, even after washing.

Heat Press - I purchased my first one from Craigslist. Really got a good deal. But I am getting a Stahls for Christmas as I have had pretty good feedback from people at my church, my studio and recording artist I work with (I found my niche).

Hope this helps. I would definitely recommend taking some time and reading the post from some of the pros on here. They are very helpful and friendly. I spend at least an hour a day just reading and learning.

Press On My Friend .....

Old October 14th, 2014 Oct 14, 2014 7:04:38 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Michael
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: New to this, but also Excited!

Welcome to the best kept hobby side income on the planet! Have fun, and you will make tons of cash!!!

If you plan on making text based shirts, I would suggest getting a Vinyl Cutter/Plotter You can get some cool types of vinyl (neon, glitter, rhinestones, reflective etc).

Now if you are printing artwork... You might want to go DTG printing and skip the heat transfer process. It is costly if you are using your own art with multiple colors on short runs with heat transfers... Direct To Gamut printing is the best solution for that. Don't get me wrong you can get heat transfers you can print on, but if you are more than a hobbyist you will out grow this method and find its limitations quickly.
cyorkgo likes this.

This is a discussion about New to this, but also Excited! that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in