Advice on GO UNO laser printer and papers - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Advice on GO UNO laser printer and papers

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 30th, 2014 Jul 30, 2014 3:29:37 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Seamus
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Advice on GO UNO laser printer and papers

Hi Everyone,
I am looking to expand the range of prints I can apply to my t shirts so I am thinking of buying a GO UNO Led printer so I can print designs on transfer paper and apply using my heat press. From what I am reading I need different paper of printing on light colour shirts or dark shirts and some printers dont print any white on the paper to transfer over to the shirt.

Can someone with experience explain to me if I can get a self weeding paper that will print white and will be able to be usd on both white shirts and black, I dont want to have to cut around any designs so I can press them, I see I can get the self weeding paper with the GO UNO printer as a starting package, any advise would be greatly appreciated, my head is going to exploe with all the different papers etc,

Also what is the difference between inkjet transfer paper and laser printer transfer paper design and quality wise,thanks
Seamus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 30th, 2014 Jul 30, 2014 4:00:52 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Mrs

Default Re: Advice on GO UNO laser printer and papers

Have you looked at the oki white ink printer ( transfer paper ).
I am thinking about investing in one but I have literally just come across the Roland versastudio.

Old July 30th, 2014 Jul 30, 2014 5:19:35 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,132 Times in 839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiceman00000
Hi Everyone,
I am looking to expand the range of prints I can apply to my t shirts so I am thinking of buying a GO UNO Led printer so I can print designs on transfer paper and apply using my heat press. From what I am reading I need different paper of printing on light colour shirts or dark shirts and some printers dont print any white on the paper to transfer over to the shirt.

Can someone with experience explain to me if I can get a self weeding paper that will print white and will be able to be usd on both white shirts and black, I dont want to have to cut around any designs so I can press them, I see I can get the self weeding paper with the GO UNO printer as a starting package, any advise would be greatly appreciated, my head is going to exploe with all the different papers etc,

Also what is the difference between inkjet transfer paper and laser printer transfer paper design and quality wise,thanks
Seamus
I am not trying to discourage you. My advice is do your homework before committing. Do forum search using GO Uno printer as keywords. Weigh in Pros and Cons. Get samples, press and do wash test.

There are members reporting not getting support for the printer even from the vendor who sold the unit.

2 step Self Weeding Laser transfer has low opacity if there is no white toner under base. Opacity is even worse if pressed on cotton blend due to dye migration.

Here is a thread about GO UNO printer https://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-pr...s/t176198.html. There are Pros and Cons. More Cons than Pros though. Again search the forum. I am sure you will find more feedback about the printer.

Stay away from single step self weeding transfer for light. Go with 2 step Imageclip Self Weeding transfer for light.

Old August 1st, 2014 Aug 1, 2014 1:55:35 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Seamus

Thanks everyone , lots to think about there, lots of negative I have to say...its baffling how some people cant get it to work at all and some get it to work with no issues and then there the you tube videos of the guy using it flawlessly with really good looking prints! The inconsistancy is baffling to be honest!

Would anyone recommend a good cheaper option to the UNO? thanks Also am I better going with laser or inkjet printer?

This is a discussion about Advice on GO UNO laser printer and papers that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in