Please Help Me Make Decision Fast!! - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Please Help Me Make Decision Fast!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 24th, 2008 Jan 24, 2008 10:09:42 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Please Help Me Make Decision Fast!!

If given the choice to buy a brand new Hix Presto 15 that comes with a warranty for $650 with shipping or a Hix Presto 20 used in great working condition but no warranty for $400 including shipping which one would you definitely buy? My budget is under $700 but saving some cash is always a bonus. The window of opportunity for me is closing fast on the used one.

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited by keith1; January 24th, 2008 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: none

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 3:40:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Extravaganza Winner
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Robert
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Please Help Me Make Decision Fast!!

That's hard to say. I have the hix 15 swing arm, and it has served me well, but everyone likes the biggest possible. If the 20" weren't that old, I'd go for it.

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 7:27:23 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I agree with Robert - go as big as you can afford. The things that typically will go wrong is the wiring will go bad or you will need a new thermostat. Both heating elements are warrantied for life by Hix. So the warranty on the smaller press does not outweigh the ability to press larger items. Just my opinion.

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 7:31:30 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1
Hix Presto 20 used in great working condition but no warranty for $400 including shipping
My dream was to find a machine in GWC, and you have. If DAg is right and the warranty is lifetime to all owners, that is an awesome opportunity. You can buy alot of supplies with the 250 left over, and it will go quick. Great find. All the machine and the retail price depreciation is already out of it.

Good luck!

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 10:54:30 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks guys for the help. I decided to wait for something else to come along. The auction ended yesterday. I wasn't aware of the lifetime warranty for the heating elements by Hix, that's cool... I mean hot!

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 11:03:27 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith1
Thanks guys for the help. I decided to wait for something else to come along. The auction ended yesterday. I wasn't aware of the lifetime warranty for the heating elements by Hix, that's cool... I mean hot!

Just make sure the warranties transfer from owner to owner, it was one of my questions I never followed up on when I decided to buy new with the Mighty Lite Press (11x15) $370 delivered. I am happy, but it is smaller than most folks want to work with, but suits my needs fine. Best regards.

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 11:42:19 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Most of the name brand presses offer this warranty on the heating element. Here is a link to the product and if you click on the overview tab, you will see where it is in writing - HIX Corporation - Presto 20.

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 4:07:57 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David

the warranty is if you buy it new used ones do not come I had to get one fixed and they said the warranty was for the frist owner so I had to buy the parts for it and it was only 6 mounths old

Old January 25th, 2008 Jan 25, 2008 4:15:42 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Hi Mr.David, what was wrong with it at 6m old? Seems young, so Im curious what was wrong. Thanx.

This is a discussion about Please Help Me Make Decision Fast!! that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in