Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 26th, 2007 Dec 26, 2007 6:36:40 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers?

We currently get custom plastisol heat transfers made from a company in Miami. The runs are for large quantities on pretty big sheets.

We are doing these custom runs so often now, we would like to explore the possibility of buying our own press to make these. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find out what kind of machine the place we buy from uses.

Anyone have any idea what kind of press makes plastisol transfers? I do know there is no screen printing equipment involved. The sales rep specifially mentioned they use a "press."

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2008 Jan 17, 2008 11:25:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Awesome/Ethan either or

Default Re: Could use some expertise....

plastisol is basically silk screen on a specialty paper. Then you just heat press that on t-shirts. So many heat presses to choose from just compare prices and look for a name brand, and decide on the model based on how many shirts you wish to produce.

depending on the amount of shirts you are going to produce, you may want more than one, or even consider automatic ones.

right now I have a HIX HT-400, 16x16" great press, but Ive out grown it. prob gonna sell soon.

just consider that people to outgrow there press, and choose based on if you expect to grow quickly.

Old January 18th, 2008 Jan 18, 2008 1:15:31 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Chani

Ethan,

I would assume that Tia already has a heat press because she's already pressed plastisol transfers.

Tia, actually, plastisol transfers ARE made with screenprinting equipment. Press, in this case, is short for screenprinting press.

So, in essence, if you were able to make plastisol transfers, you would also be able to screenprint directly onto your shirts.

I don't know anything about the technical side of screenprinting, so hopefully someone else will come in and answer that for you.

Good luck!

Old January 18th, 2008 Jan 18, 2008 2:17:14 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Chani

No Problem! I've misunderstood people PLENTY of times here.

Old January 22nd, 2008 Jan 22, 2008 1:26:29 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Thanked 6,029 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopk
We currently get custom plastisol heat transfers made from a company in Miami. The runs are for large quantities on pretty big sheets.

We are doing these custom runs so often now, we would like to explore the possibility of buying our own press to make these. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find out what kind of machine the place we buy from uses.

Anyone have any idea what kind of press makes plastisol transfers? I do know there is no screen printing equipment involved. The sales rep specifially mentioned they use a "press."

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
There's an article about how to make them here: https://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt...es/t14049.html

You can find a few more articles with the technical details here: plastisol transfers related topics at T-Shirt Forums

Old June 16th, 2011 Jun 16, 2011 8:30:41 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: garebear
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers?

I am wondering what kind of press is used to make plastisol transfers? I know they are put on with a heat press but I want the press that makes the actual tansfer . Anybody have a name?

Old June 16th, 2011 Jun 16, 2011 8:52:56 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Loretta
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garebear
I am wondering what kind of press is used to make plastisol transfers? I know they are put on with a heat press but I want the press that makes the actual tansfer . Anybody have a name?
It's called a silk screen printing press. There are hundreds of different types from manuals to fully automatic. Any of these presses can make plastisol transfers. Go to Screen Printing Supplies, Equipment & Kits and look at the screen print presses they have there. Or google silk screen printing presses.

This is a discussion about Could use some expertise....what type of machine is used to make plastisol transfers? that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in