Hot peel and cold peel in same area, reverse side. - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers
Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Hot peel and cold peel in same area, reverse side.

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 22nd, 2013 Oct 22, 2013 4:52:49 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Cool Hot peel and cold peel in same area, reverse side.

How's it going to everyone? I've been visiting these forums for over a year now and have made great use of the search function. So for that let me just thank everyone on here for all the knowledge they bring.

I couldn't find an exact answer to the dilemma I have which is what brings me to my first post. I recently purchased a heat press and already ordered 50 plastisol transfer (Ace Transfers) sheets of what will be going on one of the first tees I'm doing. I will be pressing on 4.3 oz ringspun cotton black shirts. The designs I ordered are a forest type green and bright yellow-green (more yellow really) and they were ordered as hot peels.

One of these prints will be pressed on the nap of the neck (the yellow-green), the exact deminsions of this print are 2.25"x1.4". This is where my unclarity comes in since I will also have to have an inside tag with all the necessary legal information (along with some branding). The inside tag will be white measuring at 3.6"x2.54"-the smallest lettering in the tag will measure out to 1/16" in height and that will be the size of most of the text in the tag (car instructions/fiber content). The nap of neck print and the inside tag will be in about the same part of the shirt but on reverse sides... How should I go about pressing both of these transfers?

Furthermore my contact at Ace Transfers tells me it would be best for the inside tag to be a cold peel due to the color, size of text, and graphic on tag having 'negative space'-which I understand will be more likely to be filled with the white ink when pressed if done as a hot peel. So there's the next side of the situation, two different methods of plastisol transfers in the same area. Will pressing one interfere with the other? If there's no issue in pressing both, which should be pressed first? and what protective measures should I take for the first press when pressing the second time?

Thanks for taking the time to read, and I'm sure the community will provide me with some helpful answers!

Anthony

Last edited by AlcortCoup; October 22nd, 2013 at 06:20 PM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 23rd, 2013 Oct 23, 2013 8:40:01 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,267 Posts

Default Re: Hot peel and cold peel in same area, reverse side.

what did Ace recommend? Are both transfers applied at the same temperature?

Old October 23rd, 2013 Oct 23, 2013 4:21:01 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
what did Ace recommend? Are both transfers applied at the same temperature?
No, the cold peel would be about 40º cooler when pressed, and there are two different opinions coming from them. One person doesn't see an issue with it but another said they don't think it's a good idea. The advocate of the hot and cold peel said that I would need to press the hot peel then cold peel.

Old October 23rd, 2013 Oct 23, 2013 8:54:06 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,267 Posts

Just do a test print when you get the transfers. Press the hottest temp. transfer first, then the coolest.

Old October 24th, 2013 Oct 24, 2013 7:31:26 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thats the plan for now. Ill update on my results.

Old November 12th, 2013 Nov 12, 2013 8:13:14 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

First press a 370º for about 9 seconds. And on the reverse side of that print the cold peel at 325º for a 10 second pre-press and a 12 second transfer press. The second press had no effect on the first, hotter, press. The only significant time in between presses was the time it took the press to cool down to 325º. Pleased with the results. And to all the future forum searchers... hopefully this was helpful!

This is a discussion about Hot peel and cold peel in same area, reverse side. that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in