Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser) - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser)

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 26th, 2007 Jun 26, 2007 5:54:27 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser)

Hi Guys

I got a sample pack of Magic Touch OBM 5.5 which is paper for dark
garments through a laser printer.

Most of the toner stuck to the fuser and not to the paper.

http://www.carder.net.au/forums/imgp0160_25.jpg
http://www.carder.net.au/forums/IMGP0161_25.jpg
http://www.carder.net.au/forums/IMGP0162_25.jpg

Do you have any idea what may have caused this?

Nearly forgot to mention, printer is latest Okidata C5900.

I only got 3 sheets so am VERY reluctant to put any more through.

cheers

Craig R
Brisbane, Australia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2007 Jul 2, 2007 7:25:00 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Dave

Default Re: Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser)

Hi again Craig,

Funnily enough I just tried the OBM 5.5 paper for the first time on my Oki 5800 a couple of days ago, only one sheet though, I used the LABEL 1 setting, and it printed fine. What printer paper setting did you try it on?, according to the magic touch UK website it should be label.

hope this helps

Dave

Old January 9th, 2008 Jan 9, 2008 4:24:52 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser)

Just stumbled across this post. Hope you were able to get the transfers working. OBM is a heavier weight paper and requires a Label1 Media Type setting as posted by previous user. Let me know if you have any other questions.

TheMagicTouch USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeordieLad
Hi Guys

I got a sample pack of Magic Touch OBM 5.5 which is paper for dark
garments through a laser printer.

Most of the toner stuck to the fuser and not to the paper.

http://www.carder.net.au/forums/imgp0160_25.jpg
http://www.carder.net.au/forums/IMGP0161_25.jpg
http://www.carder.net.au/forums/IMGP0162_25.jpg

Do you have any idea what may have caused this?

Nearly forgot to mention, printer is latest Okidata C5900.

I only got 3 sheets so am VERY reluctant to put any more through.

cheers

Craig R
Brisbane, Australia

Old February 15th, 2008 Feb 15, 2008 6:48:30 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I use "label 1" setting and it works good. "Plain Paper" setting would not fuse properly. Also, I was told to make sure my printer was plugged into the wall and not a power strip so the fuser wouldn't lose temp prematurely.

Old July 9th, 2008 Jul 9, 2008 2:27:52 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Anyone give me an idea on the reliability and quality of these OKI printers please!

Old July 9th, 2008 Jul 9, 2008 2:28:57 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Preferably not an OKI rep thank you!!!

Old July 9th, 2008 Jul 9, 2008 2:46:13 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

My Oki 6100 works great with TMT paper. I use ttc, wow, and cpm for t's and awards. Got my printer from David Petersen at Erb's. He is the person on the TMT equipment page. Laser Transfer Paper - TheMagicTouch USA Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to jmullen For This Useful Post:
thesignshop (July 9th, 2008)
Old February 3rd, 2010 Feb 3, 2010 1:15:43 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

Please see the Oki User Guide at: Laser Transfer Paper - TheMagicTouch USA - Support Then open the "equipment" folder, then "printer", then "Okidata", then click on "C6150N Setup". This will tell you the proper settings in the Oki printers for TMT media.

Adam

Old August 21st, 2011 Aug 21, 2011 5:21:33 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just checked out "The Magic Touch" transfer printer system at the Embroiderymart NNEP show in Nashville. Really thinking about persuing it. But, haven't read much about it here,,,,,any comments or opinions or input on this system.

Much cheaper than a DTG of course. The various styles of paper dictate your retail to the customer. Some of the sheets, to print white for example, are $5 each.

Just wondering. I may get into this anyway, but it sure helps to have some opinoins out there.

On the previous posts for this out there, any more problems. How is the paper working for you now?

How is the customer support,,,,???

How is your ink consumption,,,,and I understand it's based obvioiusly on the design.

Old April 25th, 2012 Apr 25, 2012 4:15:58 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: john

check the back of your paper, and follow the arrows , the paper must be placed with the arrows pointing towards your printer ( of course use the thick 1 ) ,

Ps: i had the same problem, the paper keeped getting stuck in the printer, i have a bizhub c253

This is a discussion about Problems with Magic Touch Paper (OBM 5.5 Dark Garment paper through laser) that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in