NEED help with Sublimation printing for cell phone cases - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

NEED help with Sublimation printing for cell phone cases

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2012 Jul 16, 2012 8:19:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default NEED help with Sublimation printing for cell phone cases

Hello, I was hoping that somebody could help me out with this situation. I am already selling cell phone accessories (reselling) but now i want to start making them myself with sublimation printing system. So here it goes: what kind of printer should i use ? i have like canon pixma 250 will that work if i print it on heat transfer paper? or what kind of paper do i use ? whats the best and cheapest heat press should i use? i saw few articles about heat press should heat up to 360 in order to transfer it to a aluminum inserts for iphone cases, is that right? Aluminum inserts?- is that what its called? where can i get them for cheap price? is there anything else i should know before i start this ?
thanks in advance to all those great ppl that are able to share this things!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2012 Jul 17, 2012 11:08:03 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Sandy

Default Re: NEED help with Sublimation printing for cell phone cases

You need a printer capable of using sublimation inks and special sublimation paper. Heat transfer paper won't work. I would recommend reading up on the different types of printers and bulk ink systems in the sublimation forum, there is a lot of good information in there. Best of luck

Old July 20th, 2012 Jul 20, 2012 6:20:43 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Loretta
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

You'll need an epson printer, sublimation ink (very expensive), sublimation paper, and a heat press that can go over 400 F. Sublimation works best at 400 F. You can get all of those supplies at conde.com (including the iphone inserts and cases), or from most of the sublimation vendors on the left.

Old July 25th, 2012 Jul 25, 2012 7:08:55 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Michael

It is possible to get started in dye sub on a budget. I found someone one a different forum selling an Epson WF1100 printer already setup for dye-sub printing and bought the printer pre-filled with dye-sub ink, and with 60 mL bottles of each color for refills, a stack of blank mousepads and a mostly full pack of 11x17" transfer papers for $230. Then I spent another $200 locally on Craigslist for a used heat press.

That got me started. Then I spent another $240ish on miscellaneous blank products so I could produce a set of examples to display and have a small inventory on hand for quick.

If you shop around, you can probably find a similar deal. You do need to make sure you buy a printer that will support dye sub ink and then not use it for anything else - if you run other inks through the printer, you'll waste a lot of time and very expensive ink flushing it out.

Old July 27th, 2012 Jul 27, 2012 7:50:15 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

i found this thing online "Digital heat press with mug,hat and plate sublimation attachments, bulk T-Shirts, Epson 730 printer with a CISS ink system, and sublimation/chromablast paper all included" for 500$. is this a good deal or is it even gonna work ?

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 1:35:00 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Conde is a great resource for printing custom cases. They offer the blank products, the ink, paper, heat presses, etc. And they have a lot of helpful videos too.

Old November 19th, 2014 Nov 19, 2014 4:21:20 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by extell
i found this thing online "Digital heat press with mug,hat and plate sublimation attachments, bulk T-Shirts, Epson 730 printer with a CISS ink system, and sublimation/chromablast paper all included" for 500$. is this a good deal or is it even gonna work ?
If you find a printer already set up with dye sub inks, you're probably good, but you need a really good quality heat press for dye sub because the heat needs to be even and reliable. There are a lot of junk heat presses for sale online, so be careful.

That price seems very good to me... but I'd wonder why someone is selling it so cheaply. I'd definitely ask that. Maybe they are bad at sales, but if it's a cheap system, quality could have been the issue.

This is a discussion about NEED help with Sublimation printing for cell phone cases that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in