What is the BEST heat press vinyl - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Heat Press and Heat Transfers

Heat Press and Heat Transfer Category Sponsor

Discuss the various aspects of heat press technology. Transfer paper, inks, plastisol transfers, vinyl cutters, printers, commercial usage, durability, suppliers, etc.

What is the BEST heat press vinyl

Like Tree3Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2010 Jan 7, 2010 12:57:03 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default What is the BEST heat press vinyl

Hello all,

I am new to the site, looks great.

Question: What brand heat press vinyl have you'll found to be the best for normal Gildan t-shirts and who do you think has the cheapest prices for the vinyl and shirts. Thanks and any tips on heat press vinyl.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2010 Jan 7, 2010 2:14:16 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Jobe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: What is the BEST heat press vinyl

BEST and CHEAPEST normally just don't go together in the same sentence. Any vinyl will work on Gildan shirts. The difference is cost and hand. Click Imprintables Warehouse under preferred vendors at left. They have several different grades at varying prices. There are other vendors. I just happen to be familiar with their websits. Google heatpress vinyl and you will find many. I have used several different ones and they all work. God Bless.
Dekzion likes this.

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 4:37:57 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: MIKE

Hollywood, I use Siser E-Weed on Gildans, works great. I think you get what you pay for, most times. Mike
Dekzion likes this.

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 5:40:48 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Thank you for the replys, I thought it would be alot more answers with this be such a open question. I didn't want anyone to think I am tring to sell junk or anything, I should have said who has the best prices. Where do you get your shirts and what kind do you use?

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 6:26:56 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Jess

Hollywood,

If you research past posts you'll find that your questions has been answered many times prior and that's probably why you aren't getting a lot of responses.

To make things easier on you this time around I use Thermoflex from specialty graphic supply. They are the cheapest for me and they give forum members a 5% discount. Coastal Business Supply has some great vinyl as well. You might want to just get some samples and try for yourself to see what you like best. I started with Thermo, so that's what I'm used to working with. Everyone is different.

T-shirts, I prefer Gildan. I get them at a fair price and I feel they are good quality for the money. I'd order 1 of several different kinds so you can feel each nd pick your favorite. Giladan, Jerzee's, Anvil, and Hanes are popular.

I purchase most of my blanks from Sanmar. You'll need a tax id to set up an account They're close to me so I can get things next day. Others like Virgina T's and there are many others I just can't think of right now.

Hope this will start you off. Good Luck

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 3:41:31 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dan

Gildan shirts are my favorite to use. I get mine from Broder Bros as next day shipping is very convenient..

I use and LOVE spectra eco-film(easyweeed from other sites) from IMPRINTABLES. They are a knowledgable staff and great to deal with. Prices are hard to beat. The hot-peel feature is the best. I will never use a cold peel again!

The Following User Says Thank You to tattoo dan For This Useful Post:
hepressnyc2015 (November 3rd, 2015)
Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 3:57:29 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Mike

I always use Gildan unless the customer requests another brand. I keep samples of Hanes, AA, Anvil, and FTL on hand for customer to compare.

For vinyl I use Imprintables Warehouse Spectra Cut for names and numbers.

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 4:09:38 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Gerry
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Thermoflex here, but i havent had the opportunity to try anything else, its soft and not shiny.
I like the super sticky backing for weeding small designs and being able to reuse the backing for stones .

Old January 8th, 2010 Jan 8, 2010 5:00:55 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I love the vinyl from JOTO - and their customer service is fantastic.

Old January 9th, 2010 Jan 9, 2010 5:56:28 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mrs. Bacon

I use Thermoflex plus, Siser easyweed, Chemica hotmark and JOTO's heat press vinyl....I like them all.

I have ALL of the colors in EACH brand!!!
(EXCEPT for Joto's. JOTO only sells by the roll and it's just too expensive for me to spend that kind of money on every color all at once)

I like the way that all of them "feel" when pressed to any of the T's I use. (mostly Gildan)

I chose to purchase all of my heat press vinyl(except of course - JOTO's) from Specialty Graphics because they are the only vendor - that I came across - that sells everything by the foot. (yeah)
So, I had a chance to try everything in every color without killing my hubby's "money tree"!!!
Specialty Graphics Supply offers vinyl cutters, heat presses, transfer sheets, sign and t-shirt vinyl and more

They are WONDERFUL to work with and very helpful! (so is JOTO)
Plus - my order arrived very fast!!!
(not to mention the 5% off coupon!.. go to the Preferred Vendors list on the left side of the page, find Specialty Graphics Supply and click on the little yellow star)
tshirt Chic likes this.

Old January 10th, 2010 Jan 10, 2010 5:00:06 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashamutt
I have ALL of the colors in EACH brand!!!
I love thermoflex...

What is the purpose of have all colors in multiple brands?

Old January 10th, 2010 Jan 10, 2010 3:59:14 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Mrs. Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thutch15
I love thermoflex...

What is the purpose of have all colors in multiple brands?
I love Thermoflex plus as well!!
The only thing that I don't like about it is that after weeding - the clear carrier is Waaaaay to sticky for me!
(makes it harder to slide around on the shirt during placement)

The purpose of having EVERY color in every brand- for me- is that I have a wider array of colors to choose from because not every - red for example - is the same shade. Not every "blue" is the same shade.....and so on.

I need lots of different shades to choose from because my customers (mostly women artists) are VERY picky when it comes to shading ...and for them to be able to choose "just the right shade" is VERY important to them.

Plus..... every brand "feels" just a little bit different.
I like the way they all "feel" , but not everyone is like me. SO, I have every color in every brand to make it easier on everyone....mostly me!!! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to ashamutt For This Useful Post:
unc mont (November 22nd, 2013)
Old August 24th, 2010 Aug 24, 2010 3:38:02 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Shazim

Thermoflex all the way!!!!..Nice feel,easy to work with and durable,i never had complaints from my customers.

Old August 24th, 2010 Aug 24, 2010 3:55:09 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

I received a sample of multi-cut from Joto and it feels really nice. As stated above, having to buy the entire roll at Joto has limited the amount of colors I have on hand but other than that I use sizer EZ-Weed from specialty graphics and I love it, and have every color in stock..

Old November 6th, 2015 Nov 6, 2015 10:55:04 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Tonya

I am also looking for opinions on the best printable heat press material,,,,something that is soft and not thick on the shirt when complete

This is a discussion about What is the BEST heat press vinyl that was posted in the Heat Press and Heat Transfers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in