What You Should Know About DAS Smart Designer Licensing agreement - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

What You Should Know About DAS Smart Designer Licensing agreement

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 19th, 2012 Feb 19, 2012 5:25:29 PM -   #91 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: AJ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What You Should Know About DAS Smart Designer Licensing agreement

Thank you so much Craig. I have the most respect for you, for DAS what you are doing and what you will continue to do in the future. I was not aware of the fraud that is out there. Seeing i don't visit Ebay. I think i've been there oh! what? 2 times. And the times i did i didn't know what the hell I was doing! I know from your many wonderful webinars you have mention the partnership you have with Corel, Smart Designer folks. You have I fell one of the best if not the besty "Blended" tools available that allows the "Not so smart" computer folks to be "Graphics Editors" You have basically make it a "Using Friendly" software meaning "Smart Designer X4.5 with Corel Draw X5. All the folks have to do is "READ" if they don't like to read the Program "Read's Outload" for them!. Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in on my oppions about the software. I will be seeing you soon. Thanks for I feel is the Best Software out there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2012 Feb 19, 2012 5:30:25 PM -   #92 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: AJ

by the way it was abode corel draw X5 for 499.00 not 59.00

Old February 19th, 2012 Feb 19, 2012 8:14:17 PM -   #93 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by designs by amir
Thank you so much Craig. I have the most respect for you, for DAS what you are doing and what you will continue to do in the future. I was not aware of the fraud that is out there. Seeing i don't visit Ebay. I think i've been there oh! what? 2 times. And the times i did i didn't know what the hell I was doing! I know from your many wonderful webinars you have mention the partnership you have with Corel, Smart Designer folks. You have I fell one of the best if not the besty "Blended" tools available that allows the "Not so smart" computer folks to be "Graphics Editors" You have basically make it a "Using Friendly" software meaning "Smart Designer X4.5 with Corel Draw X5. All the folks have to do is "READ" if they don't like to read the Program "Read's Outload" for them!. Anyway, I just wanted to weigh in on my oppions about the software. I will be seeing you soon. Thanks for I feel is the Best Software out there!
Like I said, from what I learned with this software is you will have to request the licensing information from them, because it is not available anywhere in print, other then inside the sealed package, that once opened is considered non returnable. Just make sure to read it before you purchase, and you will have to request it, as it is not available on their site, at least it was not when I bought, nor was it ever mentioned to me during the show I went to when I first seen it, when I had an online demo, nor when I made my purchase. You will not have access to it until you open the package and making it nonreturnable. So just make sure to request it and read it through before hand. That has always been the point of this thread from the beginning.

You cannot transfer this software, say if you go out of business, whether you sell it, give it away, no matter how you do it. It will cost a transfer fee, and a high one at that. That was the reason for this thread, not about whether it was good software or not.

There are many threads where I did say good things about DAS, but lets just say this experience left me more then dismayed. But this not to say I had all great experiences with the software either, as it was famous for crashing my system and freezing up, even though I was at the time using a brand new computer, with upgraded everything on it. l ended up selling it because I found most of my customers did not really care for the designs, and were always asking more for custom designs, so I just did not really have the use for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunnydayz For This Useful Post:
TShirt Newguy (March 2nd, 2012)

Old January 2nd, 2013 Jan 2, 2013 7:25:15 PM -   #94 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by max220
Hi Bobbie, I purchased smart designer a many years ago and I want to use it again. I loaded windows 95 as a virtual program with windows xp and with corel 7. I all works great...the old smart designer worked fine and I figured I would save some money. All I need is a code to activate. Guess what...they won't give me one!! I paid for this software and just want to use it again, not asking for an upgrade all I did was change computers..no luck with them either.
Let me guess, they are trying to charge you for new code? It's crazy that you can't read their license unless you actually open the sealed package and at that point it's not returnable. That is unless they have changed this. Have you called Craig and spoke with him to try and get help? It's worth a try.

Old January 2nd, 2013 Jan 2, 2013 9:40:04 PM -   #95 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I had so many problems with DAS right after purchase, and got the run around when I told them about bugs with their system. A lot of bs in sending them screen shots and get no response. Bottom line, purchased Action Illustrated product and use all of the DAS artwork with AI editor. Now when I get a call from DAS, I just tell them I'm using all of the AI products and have no problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to DRing For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (January 3rd, 2013)
Old January 3rd, 2013 Jan 3, 2013 3:34:56 PM -   #96 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Dring, I agree totally. AI was the original designer of the design at DAS, so they make great art, plus they give you the free editing tool for them as well, an awesome company .

Max did you ever get an upgrade on your software you bought? I know the way it used to be was you got a free upgrade with your smart designer when it's purchased, so if you never upgraded and bought it that long ago, they should owe you a free upgrade with your original purchase, something to look into :-)

Old January 3rd, 2013 Jan 3, 2013 5:20:43 PM -   #97 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Max

Hi Bobbi, thanks for the suggestion...looks like I'm pretty much out of luck. Craig emailed me this morning and was helpful with ideas trying to get my software to work, but his design team would have to do hours and hours of work. He encouraged me to upgrade and said he would finance me so at least he did offer to help. I just can't see spending another 400 plus dollars on this thing...he would sell me corel 4x for 199.00 but I checked around and can get a licensed 4x version for around fifty bucks on ebay. I'm tapped out financially and that's why I went through all the trouble to get my old software working, and that old version actually worked pretty good. Yea, so the options are way too expensive. I started out as a fine/grapic artist, and then started my screen printing company, did all the art and printing myself for 12 years. Not having it won't effect me much...It would have been nice to be able to use it. I just feel like I'm would paying for it twice. I guess I can see Craigs side of it too, but that does me no good. So there is no win win in this deal. Anyways, I am thankful right now that I don't need and activation code to play my old guitar or to drive my old truck.

This is a discussion about What You Should Know About DAS Smart Designer Licensing agreement that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in