T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

Re-Size Png / Jpeg Logos

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By seacookie
  • 2 Post By Lnfortun
  • 1 Post By webtrekker
  • 1 Post By spenprice

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 5 Days Ago Sep 13, 2019 12:56:56 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Post Re-Size Png / Jpeg Logos

Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so i am hoping this in the correct thread.

I have a clothing brand in the UK and usually have my clothing screen printed by third party companies. But I have just purchased a Heat Press machine as want to do different styles etc.

The problem I have is, I have various versions of my logo in PNG, JPEG formats and not being an expert with all this type of stuff, I dont know how I increase the size of the png/jpeg files to the size I want to print ?

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

Spencer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago Sep 13, 2019 2:42:24 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Re-Size Png / Jpeg Logos

you should have vector file.
into the T likes this.

Old 5 Days Ago Sep 13, 2019 4:37:13 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Luis
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,130 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenprice
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, so i am hoping this in the correct thread.

I have a clothing brand in the UK and usually have my clothing screen printed by third party companies. But I have just purchased a Heat Press machine as want to do different styles etc.

The problem I have is, I have various versions of my logo in PNG, JPEG formats and not being an expert with all this type of stuff, I dont know how I increase the size of the png/jpeg files to the size I want to print ?

Any ideas would be massively appreciated.

Spencer
What graphics editor do you have? Photoshop or equivalent is preferable. You can download free Photoshop look alike which is called Gimp from https://www.gimp.org. Resize the image , save it then print or print directly without saving. There will be pixelation issue if the original image is low resolution when enlarge. Typically around 250 and up is preferable.

What's YouTube videos here https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ize+using+gimp

Last edited by Lnfortun; 5 Days Ago at 04:53 PM..

Old 5 Days Ago Sep 14, 2019 12:34:31 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Pixellation is a big problem when enlarging bitmap images.

Photoshop does a reasonable job but is nowhere near as good as the AI software at Let's Enhance! - https://letsenhance.io

I use this site for all my enlargements.
spenprice likes this.

Old 6 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:01:40 AM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacookie
you should have vector file.

Hi, No only had png / jpeg versions

Old 6 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:03:42 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnfortun
What graphics editor do you have? Photoshop or equivalent is preferable. You can download free Photoshop look alike which is called Gimp from https://www.gimp.org. Resize the image , save it then print or print directly without saving. There will be pixelation issue if the original image is low resolution when enlarge. Typically around 250 and up is preferable.

What's YouTube videos here https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ize+using+gimp

Thank you. Im new to all this photoshop & illustrator, still trying to get my head around it all. I have been getting my logos designed on Fiver.com but that hasnt been too easy trying to get them to provide a vector fil from png.

Old 6 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:05:57 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtrekker
Pixellation is a big problem when enlarging bitmap images.

Photoshop does a reasonable job but is nowhere near as good as the AI software at Let's Enhance! - https://letsenhance.io

I use this site for all my enlargements.

Thanks, will check it out.

Quick question if you dont mind? I have various versions of my logo. If i get a vector version, do i need one master vector file & then i can play around with it and add different designs to the logo or would i need all of the different logos i have in png format changed to vector files ?

Thanks

Spencer

Old 6 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:36:22 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Quick question if you dont mind? I have various versions of my logo. If i get a vector version, do i need one master vector file & then i can play around with it and add different designs to the logo or would i need all of the different logos i have in png format changed to vector files ?

Thanks

Spencer

Before getting too involved with vector design software give this a try ...

Upload your logos to Vector Magic - https://vectormagic.com/

This is an easy way to convert bitmap images into scaleable vector images. The free, online version has a few limitations compared to the full, desktop paid-for version, such as being unable to handle very large images or transparency, but is suitable for 90% of most people's requirements.

Once you have your images in a vector format (ai, svg, etc) you can scale them to any size without loss of quality. No pixelation or jagged edges.

Old 5 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:51:04 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Thank you. Im new to all this photoshop & illustrator, still trying to get my head around it all. I have been getting my logos designed on Fiver.com but that hasnt been too easy trying to get them to provide a vector fil from png.
ok, now it makes sense.... When I was designing logos for customers vector was a must, pdf,png,jpg were just extra.

Fiver guys take a picture from net and slap some text on it and here you go, you have a logo

Old 5 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:53:37 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:

Thanks

Spencer

if you pay a guy for a logo you should always get a vector file.

Old 5 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 1:58:39 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thank you, i have just put one of my logos through that site and has worked.

Fingers crossed it will download and i can play around with size and colours etc.

Thanks Again

Spencer

Old 5 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 2:16:02 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

here is an example.
Guy send me his sketch about idea he has:

He got from me Vector file - Ai + pdf file + png + jpg mockup + notes about fonts + (fonts). Usually fonts are not send, customer needs to buy them.How much time I spend on this? One morning coffee, while I was texting with a guy about his logo. So basically I was vectorizing while we texted.

Here is jpg mockup and png

But bear in mind it all depends. This was done for a friend. I remember few customers from years ago, I would rather shoot my self then work again with them...

The Following User Says Thank You to seacookie For This Useful Post:
spenprice (5 Hours Ago)
Old 5 Hours Ago Sep 19, 2019 2:25:47 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
here is an example.
Guy send me his sketch about idea he has:
https://i.postimg.cc/VLnYhkkR/IMG-20181022-212602.jpg

He got from me Vector file - Ai + pdf file + png + jpg mockup + notes about fonts + (fonts). Usually fonts are not send, customer needs to buy them.How much time I spend on this? One morning coffee, while I was texting with a guy about his logo. So basically I was vectorizing while we texted.

Here is jpg mockup and png
https://i.postimg.cc/tJYCm3mv/robby-logo.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bJdhzzHs/robby-logo.png

But bear in mind it all depends. This was done for a friend. I remember few customers from years ago, I would rather shoot my self then work again with them...

Cool, looks good, thank you
seacookie likes this.

Old 1 Hour Ago Sep 19, 2019 6:46:26 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:

Thanks

Spencer

I forgot to answer on this one...

You always go from vector. So in example:

You open photoshop, you import vector in it, and then you add effects on that vector. When you save your file in photoshop you can save it as png, jpg and so on. But that file wouldn't be good for upsizing - google ''interpolation''.

So you need to plan in advance what would be the max size.

While if you work only on vector(in vector based software) you can upsize how much you wanna and you will not lose on quality of graphics.

Sooooo, you need vector so you are not limited with size. And then when you have a project for example poster, you use that vector and add effects and other stuff in other program(photoshop,gimp whatever), cause you already set the max size in that program.

Clear enough or did I complicated things a little?

Unread 9 Minutes Ago Sep 19, 2019 7:36:44 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
I forgot to answer on this one...

You always go from vector. So in example:

You open photoshop, you import vector in it, and then you add effects on that vector. When you save your file in photoshop you can save it as png, jpg and so on. But that file wouldn't be good for upsizing - google ''interpolation''.

So you need to plan in advance what would be the max size.

While if you work only on vector(in vector based software) you can upsize how much you wanna and you will not lose on quality of graphics.

Sooooo, you need vector so you are not limited with size. And then when you have a project for example poster, you use that vector and add effects and other stuff in other program(photoshop,gimp whatever), cause you already set the max size in that program.

Clear enough or did I complicated things a little?

Hi, no, that was clear thank you I'm starting to understand it all a lot more now

This is a discussion about Re-Size Png / Jpeg Logos that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in