T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

[CorelDraw] - grouping question

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 6:44:59 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default grouping question

Hello
Corel X3 grouping question.
How if possible can you group all the objects at one time. ?

I know about the shift key and clicking but it seems sometimes I don't get all the litte objects and when I go to move or whatever I am doing there is some part not grouped to the image and I have to go back and try to get it grouped.

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 6:58:19 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: David

Default Re: grouping question

Draw a bounding box around the entire selection and hit group.

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 7:18:50 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Yep I do it the same way as David, just drag your box over everything and group

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 7:22:59 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark

I have tried that but still some parts aren't grouped.
I just tried it again.

I pulled in a clipart of some kidde dino's in a jungle. Then put the bounding box around it and hit group. I moved it over and two parts were not grouped to the rest of the clipart.

I thought maybe the box didn't cover the image but when you make the box bigger the image ges bigger so don't think thats it.

Thanks
Mark

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 7:50:10 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Are you able to click on those two objects? I have had this happen in the past with a corrupt file that wasnt grouping correctly. For some reason corel draw was not recognizing the objects at all. If you are able to click and select on them it should work, by just dragging a much larger bounding box then the objects and making sure that it is selecting them all.

When it happened to me I found I couldnt even select the object, so it wasnt that it wasnt working, it was the object that had something wrong with it, where corel draw was not recognizing it was there.

Old June 29th, 2008 Jun 29, 2008 8:29:31 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Corel's default behaviour is to select only objects/groups which are encapsulated wholly by the selection box. Sometimes vector objects end up having nodes elsewhere and if the selection box misses those, it won't be included. If you hold down the alt key and click/drag, it should incorporate everything in that selection and whatever those items may perhaps be grouped to.

To better understand it:
Say you create a rectangle with a circle inside of it as your artwork, then you create some text totally far away from the art, but group it with the rectangle.

If you left click with the pick tool and create a marquee around your art (the rectangle and the circle), it will only select the circle, because the text part of the group wasn't included and was grouped with the rectangle, known as an "and" selection, since it requires all parts of the group to be in the selection area to select them.

When you hold down alt key and create a marquee around the art, it selects the rectangle, the circle, and the text since it is grouped with the rectangle, known as an "or" selection, since only one part of the group needs to be in the selection in order to be selected.

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 4:55:30 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Kimsie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

double click on the arrow button at the top left of your tool bar. It should select all or hit control + A this also selects all.

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 10:40:48 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Larry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Click "EDIT" tab on top toolbar - click "SELECT" then choose all objects or all text.

Lar

Old June 30th, 2008 Jun 30, 2008 11:44:48 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: chris
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I am not sure if this will help or not, I had a problem with a file once but it was because the person that sent it somehow had a big invisible box around it and I just wasn't getting enough of it highlighted

Thanks

This is a discussion about grouping question that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in