T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

[CorelDraw] - when grouping items disappear

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 27th, 2008 Apr 27, 2008 2:32:18 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default when grouping items disappear

Howdy once again,
Corel x3. Newbie.
I did a design and saved it as a cdr file.
However I missed spelled a word. (NOTE to self: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SPELLING).
So I am trying to fix it. I had to ungroup everything To redo the spelling error. Had to add a letter. Now when I try to regroup it again items disappear. Like some of the letters. I have some words in a shadow and when I group some but not all the letters disappear.
Hope I explained that good.

Why does it do it and how do I fix it. ?

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2008 Apr 27, 2008 3:07:05 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ken
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: when grouping items disappear

Check that the objects re not hidden behind other objects. If you are applying drop shadows, it may interefere in some form or fashion.

I am not really following your process, I would have to see what it is you are doing.

Old April 28th, 2008 Apr 28, 2008 8:06:24 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

To expand on what Ken was saying (and hopefully I do not confuse), whenever you create an object (be it shape, text, etc), it adds it to the "Object Manager", and gives it a unique identification number and an ordering place/number. When grouping items, the ordering number actually merges for the group of objects to the topmost in the group, so for example:
If I create a letter A, draw a rectangle and fill it with blue over top of that A, then create a letter B, the B will be on top of the square, the A will be behind it. If I was to select both A and B and group them, A now becomes visible, because B was higher in the ordering than the square. When you ungroup, A will still be visible, because when it breaks the group apart it basically forgets where the item used to be in the ordering (and uses where the group was ordered in the list to expand to).

If you click on Tools and go to Object Manager, you can see all the different shapes, text, etc that you've created and can adjust them, otherwise you can just bring the individual ones to the front of the page with Arrange.
Just thought I'd better describe how and why it sometimes does what it does! Also, every once in awhile when you're zoomed out, things may look different until you zoom in, I've seen some strange things just kinda pop out, or disappear, but then upon zooming in, they magically fix themselves, not nearly as bad as when I used Gerber Composer though!

Old April 28th, 2008 Apr 28, 2008 11:26:30 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi, Mark - if I understand correctly, sounds like you already converted the original text to curves - so when you went back in with your text tool, the original text is no longer text, it's a curve - so you can't make a simple "spell check" correction.

So, what happened is you stuck a letter into an object and now everything is messed-up.

This is a discussion about when grouping items disappear that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in