T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

How do I put letters in a circle in Corel

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 24th, 2014 Sep 24, 2014 10:55:56 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Kevin
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How do I put letters in a circle in Corel

I want to put those letters inside that circle. So that is the easy part. After I put the letters in there I try the weld function so the letters will be a "part" of the circle. That way when I cut it out the letters will be attached. I actually need to place the letters, welded to the circle, inside the outline of Texas. When I weld I get the circle with the edges of the letters poking out but the letters disappear. I tried to combine and then just delete the lines I didn't want and that caused all kinds of craziness to happen. I tried to change layers and group and combine and finally gave up. Im working in X6.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Help.doc (32.5 KB, 21 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 5:02:39 AM -   #2 (permalink)
j4k
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jonathan

Default Re: How do I put letters in a circle in Corel

I cannot see your picture, but the way I would do it is, after you have put your design together, make a copy and convert it to a high resolution bitmap, then change it to a black and white bit map (click bitmap/mode/black and white/line art), then use outline trace to get your cut lines. you can then put the cut lines on top of your original art.

Hope this helps you out.

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 5:09:11 AM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Tons of videos on YouTube....

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 6:25:56 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

OK. If I understand what you're doing, you shouldn't have to Weld anything.

Type the letters with a space between each one
Then break them apart
Size and arrange the letters like you want them.
Then convert them to curves

For the circle, either do two concentric circles then Combine or make the circle, set the line width, then do Convert Line to Object (if you do this, the original line circle is still there but you won't see it. Move the object circle and delete the line circle)

Place the arranged letters in the circle
Put the circle/letters in the outline of Texas (make sure the Texas outline is an Object too.

Then cut

So, you're making all the elements to be cut Objects, not text or actual line/outlines

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 8:17:31 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Royce, I spent at least 2 hours searching youtube and could not find one video about doing this. Also I figured someone would say...youtube has tons of videos... so I checked extensively before I asked. If you find one send us a link.
TYGERON thank you so much. I'm not sure I did exactly what you said but at least with this idea I got it to work. I never feel like I know how to operate Corel, I just make it work. So, I got my initials arranged the way I wanted. Then I made two circles, one larger than the other and used the combine function on the two circles. I moved the two circles over the top of my letters and positioned it where I wanted it. (Where the outer edges of the letters were slightly inside of the two circles.) I selected the letters and the circles and used the weld function. Then I broke the curve apart and moved the outer circle away and deleted it. I re-grouped the letters and the "broken" circle and placed that whole thing inside the Texas outline and used the weld function again. It turned out perfect. Thank you so much for your help.

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 8:23:09 AM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+a+curve+corel

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 8:36:23 AM -   #7 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefatbuddy
TYGERON thank you so much.
You're welcome. And CorelDraw is great. Does a lot of stuff I may never use and it's fun figuring out new stuff that finally works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER.jpg (45.6 KB, 5 views)

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 8:51:24 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefatbuddy
TYGERON thank you so much. I'm not sure I did exactly what you said but at least with this idea I got it to work. I never feel like I know how to operate Corel, I just make it work. So, I got my initials arranged the way I wanted. Then I made two circles, one larger than the other and used the combine function on the two circles. I moved the two circles over the top of my letters and positioned it where I wanted it. (Where the outer edges of the letters were slightly inside of the two circles.) I selected the letters and the circles and used the weld function. Then I broke the curve apart and moved the outer circle away and deleted it. I re-grouped the letters and the "broken" circle and placed that whole thing inside the Texas outline and used the weld function again. It turned out perfect. Thank you so much for your help.
The weld function will basically be an additive operation, everything from your "first" selection is then added to the second, any overlap that occurs gets added into the pathing/curve of that shape. I've made an image to kind of give you an idea how some of the different shaping mechanics work with the scenario you were trying to do (I didn't cover simplify and front minus back/vice versa, or intersect). I moved the text outside of the circle so you can kind of understand what happened when you welded, as it basically just turns the circle and the text into a circle, as everything is already inside the circle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shape examples.jpg (216.5 KB, 15 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to joeshaul For This Useful Post:
littlefatbuddy (September 25th, 2014)
Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 8:53:11 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Que
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYGERON
You're welcome. And CorelDraw is great. Does a lot of stuff I may never use and it's fun figuring out new stuff that finally works.
his way is a bit long but I use ai and was able to find this from Royster13 links he posted. this about the same in ai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12FZtOiAWs

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 9:57:39 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Thanks again. Perhaps I should have said "inside" a circle. This is a quick picture of what I was doing. I know the circle isn't round and it is not lined up. It is for illustration purposes only. It wouldn't save in wire frame to really show what I was doing. Nevertheless, sorry I wasn't clear Royce. Thanks for the link anyway. I do appreciate the pictures and explanation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Help.jpg (57.4 KB, 3 views)

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 11:09:32 AM -   #11 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

OK, I was close in what I visualized from your description. But I thought the letters would be free standing from the circle.

I see why you'd Weld.

Old September 25th, 2014 Sep 25, 2014 11:42:32 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Ahh, then welding would've been what you wanted, but you had to combine the circles first. Here's a sample with some tips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WELD SAMPLE.jpg (147.7 KB, 10 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to joeshaul For This Useful Post:
littlefatbuddy (September 25th, 2014)

This is a discussion about How do I put letters in a circle in Corel that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in