discuss the 8th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design extravaganza! - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

discuss the 8th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design extravaganza!

Like Tree23Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 5th, 2013 Jun 5, 2013 9:36:28 AM -   #46 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,228 Posts

Default Re: discuss the 8th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design extravaganza!

Quote:
Will the voting be like as before for all members to participate? Can I promote my entry? maybe posting it to other social page or tweet perhaps? What are other restrictions?
Our t-shirt design contest runs a bit differently than others out there

We want each design to stand on its own merit, and not turn the contest into a popularity contest to see who can get the most clicks or support from the 4F (friends/fans/followers/family I just made 4F up, but it seems to fit )

So the voting is done by T-Shirt Forum members only and the voting is done anonymously. No campaigning for vote or asking your friends to register and vote for you. And yes, we have disqualified entries in the past for this

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2013 Jun 5, 2013 9:38:04 AM -   #47 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Default Re: discuss the 8th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design extravaganza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest
I went on vacation soon after entering my piece last year and didn't see what happen until I got back. I relisized my entry was dismal to the level of standard and decided to do better this year. I don't care too much about not getting a shirt as just being able to enter was enough. Being disgruntled over not getting a shirt is a waste of energy.
I would rather you have the cool t-shirt than it sitting in my house (my wife would rather that you have it too, so it's not sitting in our house ).

So I don't think it's being disgruntled at all. Think of it as claiming what is rightly yours (and helping me out in the process)

The Following User Says Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
priest (June 6th, 2013)
Old June 6th, 2013 Jun 6, 2013 12:28:08 PM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Rudy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
I would rather you have the cool t-shirt than it sitting in my house (my wife would rather that you have it too, so it's not sitting in our house ).

So I don't think it's being disgruntled at all. Think of it as claiming what is rightly yours (and helping me out in the process)
Then if that is the case and you still have at your house. Send one over to my house and we will be certain that nobody is disgruntled. Just point me to the form.

Strange enough I'm going on vacation next month again. But I will make sure to stay abreast with all the activities.

The Following User Says Thank You to priest For This Useful Post:
Rodney (June 6th, 2013)

Old June 8th, 2013 Jun 8, 2013 6:23:30 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Hey Rodney I submitted my entry but walked away from the pc. When I got back I saw a new blank entry form. Can you please verify it got there in one piece.
Thanks!

Old June 8th, 2013 Jun 8, 2013 9:54:29 AM -   #50 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by priest
Hey Rodney I submitted my entry but walked away from the pc. When I got back I saw a new blank entry form. Can you please verify it got there in one piece.
Thanks!
You submitted your design entry? No, it didn't go through. An automatic confirmation email is sent when the entry is successful.

priest (June 8th, 2013)
Old June 8th, 2013 Jun 8, 2013 7:33:33 PM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
You submitted your design entry? No, it didn't go through. An automatic confirmation email is sent when the entry is successful.
Got it this time.

The Following User Says Thank You to priest For This Useful Post:
Rodney (June 9th, 2013)
Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 5:16:01 PM -   #52 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello Im new here I noticed someone said waiting on last years prizes? It takes a year to receive prizes?

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 5:20:23 PM -   #53 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearteest3
Hello Im new here I noticed someone said waiting on last years prizes? It takes a year to receive prizes?
Actually, they were talking about free t-shirts that I offered as a thank you to designers who entered last year Each year I have the winning design printed up and given away free to forum members with X number of posts (and to designers who enter the contest)

No, it did not take a year for the winners of the design contest to receive their actual prize winnings

I hope this helps to clear things up. Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 5:26:01 PM -   #54 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Oh okay awesome! I know it says the forum would have exclusive rights if won but what if you wanted to get a few for yourself would you be able to print them at a mom and pop shop for friends? Or would we have to buy them directly from the forum?

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 5:39:05 PM -   #55 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Oh okay awesome! I know it says the forum would have exclusive rights if won but what if you wanted to get a few for yourself would you be able to print them at a mom and pop shop for friends? Or would we have to buy them directly from the forum?
If you win, you get several t-shirts of the design You wouldn't have to buy them.

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 5:46:50 PM -   #56 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Wow! Awesome! I know Im probably over looking this but when is the deadline? Recently finished an awesome retro design.

Old June 10th, 2013 Jun 10, 2013 6:15:24 PM -   #57 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Wow! Awesome! I know Im probably over looking this but when is the deadline? Recently finished an awesome retro design.
It's in the original post in this thread...July 15 is the deadline

Old June 11th, 2013 Jun 11, 2013 6:21:21 AM -   #58 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Just checking if i did send the entry correctly, so went back through the PM but no info there.

Did my entry go through?

.... not that it matters now that the priest has entered.

Old June 11th, 2013 Jun 11, 2013 8:23:08 AM -   #59 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO
Just checking if i did send the entry correctly, so went back through the PM but no info there.

Did my entry go through?

Yes, your entry was received. The confirmation is sent via email, not via PM

NZACO (June 11th, 2013)
Old June 11th, 2013 Jun 11, 2013 11:25:25 AM -   #60 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZACO

Did my entry go through?

Why me? If it's the name you're worried about it was taken from a movie. I'm not that religious.

This is a discussion about discuss the 8th annual t-shirtforums.com t-shirt design extravaganza! that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in