T-Shirt Forums banner

shop adjusting Image size to fit 13 x 19

[Photoshop] -  
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Fenrir 
#1 ·
Hi i am new to photo shop, i decided to use it because i found out that i needed it for crop marks on my image. I was using photo shop elements and on there when you decide to print there is a option of paper size option. I set that to 13 x 19 and i set the print size to actual size which is 11.60 x 16.54. Just wondering how i can get these to be the same in photo shop.

#2 ·
You want to change your print size before actually going to print it. However, with that ratio, your biggest size will be 13 x 18.527. The image proportions don't resize to 13 x 19 without skewing the image. Also, resizing something bigger will decrease the quality. In this instance, it's a small enough change that it shouldn't make too big a difference, but if it was already low resolution, this will make it even worse.

Also, what are you making with this print? If you are making a film positive for screen burning, you probably won't want to print to the edge of the paper since the printer "slightly oversizes" your print to make sure that there is no white around the edges. Epsons have a normal border of about .15" on each side so you'd want your image to be 12.7 x 18.099 so it fits.

#4 ·
You shouldn't be using "fit to page" to resize your images, you should be designing them exactly at the size you want them to be printed.

What version of Photoshop are you using? Under the Image menu pick Image Size and see what your Document Size settings are. They should be the size you actually want it to come out as, at 300 dpi or higher.Here's one tutorial I found on Google on how to change your image print size. There are probably many others.

Image Resizing vs Resampling In Photoshop Explained

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.