T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

Help with PowerRip software??!!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 27th, 2010 Nov 27, 2010 1:08:55 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Help with PowerRip software??!!

Hello everyone...I'm very new to screen printing...actually I just got back from training with Printa in Seattle. I also just found this site and I'm EXCITED! It looks great and I'm looking forward to snooping around.
I think I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks by trial and error ( I have a huge stack of shirts! lol) but now I'm having issues with the PowerRip software. Can I ask a question about that here?
Here's the issue......
I'm trying to print artwork to expose. I do the artwork and make sure it says tabloid. I click on print...it's defaulted to the epson printer photo 1400 printer and the print preview looks marvelous and to scale...I choose the powerrip print button and the graphic is oversized for the paper...when I tried, tried, tried to investigate the powerrip program says it's 8x11 paper so I'm guessing this is why it's not sized right. How do I make the powerrip resize the graphic to the original size??? or how do I change powerrip to show the tabloid paper???
Any advice at all is appreciated....I don't know if I'll have any hair left for much longer so I hope all this "falls into place" before too long!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2010 Nov 28, 2010 2:55:54 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Default Re: Help with PowerRip software??!!

Not sure which version of the RIP Printa Systems sells, but maybe this video of the latest version of a similar software will help you - MultiRIP Film Tech Support Videos. Click on the link for your graphic software program to see how to use the RIP for each specific software. The page size needs to be set in the Advanced Screen. Below is an screen shot as well.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MRF.jpg (100.8 KB, 6 views)

Old November 29th, 2010 Nov 29, 2010 6:03:19 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Cool! Thanks for the reply! Setting page size in the Advanced section is the key........
Thanks again.....I'm learning a lot on this site.

Old November 29th, 2010 Nov 29, 2010 6:56:18 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniesink
Hello everyone...I'm very new to screen printing...actually I just got back from training with Printa in Seattle. I also just found this site and I'm EXCITED! It looks great and I'm looking forward to snooping around.
I think I've learned a lot in the last couple of weeks by trial and error ( I have a huge stack of shirts! lol) but now I'm having issues with the PowerRip software. Can I ask a question about that here?
Here's the issue......
I'm trying to print artwork to expose. I do the artwork and make sure it says tabloid. I click on print...it's defaulted to the epson printer photo 1400 printer and the print preview looks marvelous and to scale...I choose the powerrip print button and the graphic is oversized for the paper...when I tried, tried, tried to investigate the powerrip program says it's 8x11 paper so I'm guessing this is why it's not sized right. How do I make the powerrip resize the graphic to the original size??? or how do I change powerrip to show the tabloid paper???
Any advice at all is appreciated....I don't know if I'll have any hair left for much longer so I hope all this "falls into place" before too long!
Hello I am Ted Birmingham here at support for PowerRIP
I would suggest that whatever printer you intend to print to, that it is set as your "Default Printer" in the Control Panel/Printers button. In this case PowerRIP ScreenPrint 1400. In applications like Photoshop and Corel they automatically open to the Default printer. Next in Corel, check "Use PPD" and navigate to the PwoerRIp Fodler and select teh PPD folder then the Windows folder and choose the PPD for your printer. This will activate the Properties button in Corel next to the printer name. From here you can get to advanced and pick your paper sizes. If you print bleed and crop marks remember you will the extra space for them as well.

This is a discussion about Help with PowerRip software??!! that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in