T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > Graphics and Design Help

Graphics and Design Help Category Sponsor

Get advice to help you create your t-shirt graphics. Discuss t-shirt design software, special effect techniques, or other topics related to creating a t-shirt design on your computer. If you'd rather hire a graphic designer to do the work for you, please post in our Referrals and Recommendations section here.

Free CorelDraw video tutorials! Just finished them!

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 13th, 2010 Sep 13, 2010 12:47:46 PM -   #16 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Carlos
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Free CorelDraw video tutorials! Just finished them!

You're just a great all around big helper ain't ya?

Thanks for uploading these. While I'm very familiar with the stuff you discuss it should definitely be of big help to the beginners.

Do you have plans to move into more advanced tutorials any time soon?

PS: I hope they let me know something on that pig artwork so we can get it finished

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 13th, 2010 Sep 13, 2010 12:57:52 PM -   #17 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: James
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Thanks Carlos. I am definitely interested in creating some more advanced tutorials, let me know if there's anything you would like to learn. And sounds good on the pig art, just keep me posted.

Old July 6th, 2011 Jul 6, 2011 7:01:49 PM -   #18 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Cheryl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Great help - thanks so much for sharing!

Old July 6th, 2011 Jul 6, 2011 8:33:43 PM -   #19 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You are welcome. Hope to add more advanced ones at some point...

Old July 6th, 2011 Jul 6, 2011 8:39:51 PM -   #20 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I know this is ridiculously basic, but a major problem I'm having is how to make areas that would normally have color - like the inside of that football you did - be transparent so the color of the t-shirt will show through. I don't know whether I'm trying to use files that are locked or not using the right files or what...but for some reason, this is all but impossible for me! I use CorelDraw 5. Any tips would be very, very welcome!

Thanks!

Old July 7th, 2011 Jul 7, 2011 5:56:19 AM -   #21 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

No question is dumb except for the one that is not asked. There's 2 ways you can approach this:

1.) You can ungroup the vector object and then click 1st on the piece you want to be cutout (clear/seethrough) and then shift-click on the object it is sitting on top of. Once you have these 2 objects selected in this order (the one you click 1st and the one you click second is important) then you should see small button choices in the grey area near the top middle of your screen (they look like overlapping squares of different kinds) and just click once on the "Trim" button. After this, then you can deselect everything and click on the original piece you wanted cut out and delete it. If you did everything right, the area underneath will now be a cutout area where the shirt will show through.

2.) The easier option is to use a Pantone color applied to a rectangle/square behind your design, to serves as the shirt color base, and then apply that same Pantone color to all the pieces that you want the shirt to "show through". This will give the appearance that you want and then when you go to print your seps, just make sure to uncheck that "shirt color" Pantone, since you of course don't need a printout or screen for that.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need further clarification.

Old July 18th, 2011 Jul 18, 2011 12:39:16 PM -   #22 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Do you happen to know if there's the equivalent of the magic eraser in Corel Draw? Something that you can just click on and it will remove all background color within the surrounding line segments? I thought I'd seen a video on this before, but can't find it now!

Thanks!

Old July 18th, 2011 Jul 18, 2011 12:54:13 PM -   #23 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Do you mean turning off your object's fill? If so, then there's a "x" box at the very front of every palette that will do that for you. If that's not what you meant, can you explain further?

Old July 18th, 2011 Jul 18, 2011 4:11:22 PM -   #24 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

I guess so - Does that mean wherever you remove the fill, it will be transparent? (ie you'll see the shirt color under it) If the image doesn't allow you to turn off the fill or to ungroup it, I'm guessing it's an image that is only usable in its original version - no changes?

What I'm looking for is a darn football that is just an outline - so the shirt shows through. The football would be outlined in black, with details like laces, etc in black.

Cannot seem to find one anywhere to buy - and all the 'free' vector images I've downloaded I can't change.

Help!

Old July 19th, 2011 Jul 19, 2011 6:03:20 AM -   #25 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, your question doesn't have a 1 sided answer.
-For some clipart/vector art, yes, when you turn off the fill, then it will be transparent underneath. For most though, if you turn off the fill of a piece of the artwork, then you see the fill of the piece that's sitting underneath of it, rather than the shirt color.
-To remedy this, you can learn how to trim objects from eachother, and then be able to have the shirt color show through. The easier solution is to simply use the same fill color from your background/shirt color square that is behind your object. To explain, if I have an image that I want to print black and red on a blue shirt, I would color it with black and red pantones and then place a blue pantone square behind my image (as a shirt color sample basically) and then use that same blue pantone on any areas of the art that I want to "show through". Then when I go to print the seps, I would simply print the red and black seps, but uncheck (not print) the blue one.
-The other issue it sounds like you are having (where you can't ungroup or color art you open) is probably because either the "clipart" you downloaded is not vector and you are trying to edit a bitmap (raster image) or that you are importing the eps incorrectly so CorelDraw is converting it to a bitmap. (this can be remedied by changing your import rollout tab options to PS, PRN, EPS- Postscript Interpretted).
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Thanks,
James

This is a discussion about Free CorelDraw video tutorials! Just finished them! that was posted in the Graphics and Design Help section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in