T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Anyone else worried about their business....

Like Tree24Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 7:01:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Chris
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone else worried about their business....

with the coronavirus issues?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 12:15:46 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,301 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Anyone else worried about their business....

Yuppers, the only reason people order decorated garments is to show them off. We expect all of our school accounts to drop out for the remainder of the school year, also we expect a decline in letterman jackets. Our Bike and Car clubs are still ordering but who knows how long that will go. Our government accounts are still ordering though.

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 12:30:34 PM -   #3 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,125 Posts

Obviously, it is going to affect many, if not all, segments of the industry. I think those that would be hurt the most are those companies that supply teams, events, organizations, etc. Let's hope that we see a turnaround very shortly in this scary situation. I hope everyone is diligent in following all the advice that is being presented. Stay well...and safe.

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 1:16:03 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Danny
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We think it will effect everyone . But how much it effects different businesses and or people will be hard to determine . But please don't lose sight of how this is going to effect our customers, the Mom's, Dad's the kid's that are facing a life changing event . Please keep in mind the effect this event is going to have on everyone. Not just us businesses . The Coranavirus is going to have an effect on way of life of more people and a much broader base or clientele than this forum. This is World wide and is or can be different depending on which Country you are form. We need to pray if you do, or at least consider the effects ( loss of life, loss of income, loss of freedom , loss of education , loss of time ) that this virus has on everyone. I can't tell you how to do it or be prepared, just that you need to be and consider the ripple effects it will and can have.

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 2:31:20 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

True on Schools and Sports teams. Everything is on hold and the end of the school year is basically cancelled so bye-bye class shirts and such. LJ's maybe, Spirit wear for sure, Teachers shirts yes.

Our only segments still ordering are Bike and Car clubs and Government agencies. We have a few outliers that are defiant and still meeting.

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 2:49:30 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,205 Times in 1,125 Posts

Unfortunately, defiance does not kill germs.

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 6:42:30 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rick

We are a sporting goods that prints uniforms and event shirts, 40% of that is March, April, May. Quarantine will most likely Bankrupt us.Be kind to those in need. Hope and Humanity are the best of things.

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 2:06:38 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Had eight April/May events ( mostly fun runs and small car shows) cancel/postpone on me over last weekend. Totals nearly 3000 shirts. Expecting more in the next week.

I have got an element of 'Bob the Builder' work, but most order t-shirts two at a time so that won't keep the wolf from the door.

I will probably go into semi 'lock down' for most of the spring and early summer. Just open one or two days a week, if needed.

Luckily I work alone and the premises only cost abour £5k per year. The wife earns enough as a care home manager to keep us afloat.

Better off than most, I guess.

I am sort of used to having periods of no income. I spent several decades trading on events and festivals, and several times we have had long periods of bad weather that have virtualy closed us down.

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 5:51:06 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jenn

I sell at markets mainly, and I do some wholesale. Markets were cancelled for the next two months, and my wholesale orders are probably going to be non-existent.

I work full time as an IT consultant, so I hope that contracts aren't going to be cancelled. My hubby works in the restaurant industry and the city has ordered all dining rooms closed, but I think he'll be able to get unemployment. Canadian government has waived the waiting period thankfully.

I do worry about all my small biz friends. I hope that banks will be able to make concessions, so that people don't lose everything. Let's hope that this thing doesn't persist.

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 9:49:12 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

The only difference for me so far is the unusually high number of courtesy calls from clients. I guess everyone has a lot of "free time" lately. I'll have to wait six months to see if there is any impact on sales.

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 10:17:38 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I make my own white toner in the USA but there is a delay on getting RF Chips and Empty cartridges. I can improvise but it will increase the price by $50.00.
AL

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 10:35:35 AM -   #12 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Amex announced they will waive interest and late fees. You need to call them though

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 12:57:06 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennVDS
I sell at markets mainly, and I do some wholesale. Markets were cancelled for the next two months, and my wholesale orders are probably going to be non-existent.

I work full time as an IT consultant, so I hope that contracts aren't going to be cancelled. My hubby works in the restaurant industry and the city has ordered all dining rooms closed, but I think he'll be able to get unemployment. Canadian government has waived the waiting period thankfully.

I do worry about all my small biz friends. I hope that banks will be able to make concessions, so that people don't lose everything. Let's hope that this thing doesn't persist.
yes, hopefully this is a gentle breeze and not a tempest

in the aftermath of this, it may be the time where govt's begin to implement the mmt (modern monetary theory)
check it out here

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 2:06:37 PM -   #14 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Right now our schools are closed until 4/13 and all activities are cancelled. I can see it going until the end of the school year. I expect our hit from this will be anywhere from 50% to 80% of our revenue until this thing is over. Maybe and entire 6 months worth of business. We will survive but it won't be pretty.

Old March 17th, 2020 Mar 17, 2020 2:57:34 PM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

We will surely take a huge hit if this goes past April. Two ways to look at it - stress out over the potential losses (already done that), or take a long look at ways to enter into new markets, new products. it is really like spending this time as I did 12+ years ago in launching the business. A little scary but a lot of excitement.

This is a discussion about Anyone else worried about their business.... that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in