T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Anyone else worried about their business....

Like Tree24Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 1:08:00 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else worried about their business....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord

In China, for example, where this started, the recovery has been underway for a few weeks and most businesses are reopening.

In China the govt. took responsibility for health care.In the US you have a large percentage with no healthcare and the President has publicly stated that many people won't be able to afford a future vaccine. This ain't gonna go away - it has to be made to go away.

Italy - with good public healthcare - is struggling massively. The Death toll has exceeded China.Italys population is only 60million.

Spain - again with good public healthcare is following the pattern of Italy.

UK is going to struggle. Public healthcare is very badly under funded (compared with most western nations) and the govt. is not being decisive in lockdowns and restrictions of movement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 1:42:52 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

So what if this gets MUCH worse? I'm talking here of wave after wave of the virus as it renews its attacks.

Individual stocks of food and essential medicines are going to be of paramount importance, not money which will become virtually valueless.

Having enough food and medicines is one thing, holding onto them is another. People are going to need weapons to fend off anyone trying to take their food stocks from them. I suppose this is where you have the advantage in the US compared to the mainly unarmed UK population.

Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 5:49:23 AM -   #33 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindytees
That's really bad.

Today, I actually took the call from Yelp's Ad Sales for some rare human interaction and was on the phone for 27 minutes before I had enough.
I did that too LOL. They're so polite and persistent that it's hard to hang up on them so I spent 20 minutes trying everything I could to end the conversation without being rude.

When salespeople call me and I'm in a good mood, I like to steer the conversation around to talk about myself and my business. After all, they called me on my time so let's talk about what I'm interested in. Who prints your T-shirts? May I offer a bid to print them next time? You're not in charge of that? Can you put me in touch with the person who is, please? ...I just keep talking about myself until they hang up on me LOL
into the T likes this.

Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 6:21:20 AM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I encourage you to be very attentive to anyone you may meet. Listen with care to their expression of hope and fear. Spend time to consolidate these into their "6 word novel."

These will resonate with the consumer. Fears overcome, hopes realized.

Old March 20th, 2020 Mar 20, 2020 3:30:12 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtrekker
So what if this gets MUCH worse? I'm talking here of wave after wave of the virus as it renews its attacks.
As yet there is no absolute proof that getting the virus once provides ongoing immunity. So 'wave after wave' is a possible outcome until a vaccine is developed.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 9:03:05 AM -   #36 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,301 Times in 1,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble
As yet there is no absolute proof that getting the virus once provides ongoing immunity. So 'wave after wave' is a possible outcome until a vaccine is developed.
So far there hasn't been any immunity after you have it but it may be possible. The vaccine testing is under way and the monitoring takes a year. There are some possibilities with a malaria drug that is going to be tested to slow the spread.

In the end this will be like the flu and come around every year.

The bigger thing I see is going through this same economic lockdown every time something like this comes along. SARS, MERS, N1H1, Ebola, etc.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 9:45:43 AM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by binki

The bigger thing I see is going through this same economic lockdown every time something like this comes along. SARS, MERS, N1H1, Ebola, etc.

It is going to hurt all of us and change the way we do business and how we finance our buinesses. The risk that we all take has been increased.

The amount of money that govts. are throwing at this to keep economies going won't be sustainable every time there is an outbreak.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 10:38:54 AM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Something to consider. Infectious diseases are not going away, Every year it is something new.
So, consider not placing all your eggs in one basket. Here is what I mean.....no one is going to forget c-19 this decade...so there is the portal of access.
With what we all know about UV and emulsion exposure, we can leverage that credibility into offering other products (just one) the 60 w, 254nm UV light for sterilizing room by simply leaving the light on for a few minutes.(room must be vacated by people, pets and plants) UVC kills virus, bacteria and even dust mites.
Now what you really want, but not available today is a 207 nM solution, 100% safe for humans.
Diversify your income sources.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 5:22:22 PM -   #39 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatWibble

The amount of money that govts. are throwing at this to keep economies going won't be sustainable every time there is an outbreak.

It's not even sustainable now. There was already too much debt. This virus is pushing every single global economy to the brink. More debt can't possibly fix it, businesses rely on cash flow without it they close and they will on a level never seen before.

This is all about PR atm & when that fails you've got crime & looting and next you've got military on the streets & drones in the sky.
PatWibble likes this.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 10:59:26 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxDezyns
It's not even sustainable now. There was already too much debt. This virus is pushing every single global economy to the brink. More debt can't possibly fix it, businesses rely on cash flow without it they close and they will on a level never seen before.
Government debt is not the same as private debt, because governments can create money out of thin air, and government spending increases the GDP.
Governments can also legislate and pause or even cancel private debt incurred during the lock-down.
This is the perfect time to invest by the way. The right investment can easily triple your money in 2-3 years time.

Old March 21st, 2020 Mar 21, 2020 11:56:21 PM -   #41 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
This is the perfect time to invest by the way. The right investment can easily triple your money in 2-3 years time.

The vast majority of "workers" live pay to pay with household debt already extremely high. With predicted limited income for the majority of households because of government measures to fight Carona & limited government subsidies the majority of what the government pays out will come straight back without stimulating the economy at all because it will only serve to keep people alive & pay day to day living expenses.

When Trump first began discussing Carona he dissed it as just another flu & he said the USA would beat it in a month, take a look at Carona in countries currently in their summer, it's the same everywhere, don't think this just goes away like the flu season.

Remember what happened to Enron, there's about to be 100 more Enrons all at once, if you think the share market has crashed & bottomed now, wait & see what happens over the next 2-3 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4no04822NQ
PatWibble likes this.

Old March 22nd, 2020 Mar 22, 2020 12:52:45 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABOB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxDezyns
Government debt is not the same as private debt, because governments can create money out of thin air, and government spending increases the GDP.
Governments can also legislate and pause or even cancel private debt incurred during the lock-down.
Not strictly true TABOB.

Banks, not governments, create money out of thin air. The government then BUY the money from the banks and we all pay it back in the form of debt, with added interest.

Fractional Reserve Banking (being legally allowed to lend 10x the amount you actually hold) should be outlawed. It's banks, not governments, that hold this world to ransom.

Old March 22nd, 2020 Mar 22, 2020 3:10:16 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtrekker
Banks, not governments, create money out of thin air. The government then BUY the money from the banks and we all pay it back in the form of debt, with added interest.
Well... it's all about perception. In reality the government does create money through "Debt monetization".

1. The government issues bonds and ask the central bank to buy them.
2. The central bank will then have to create money to buy these bonds.
3. The government can now spend the money.

Old March 22nd, 2020 Mar 22, 2020 11:20:40 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Let us hope this issue ends soon

Old March 25th, 2020 Mar 25, 2020 4:38:47 AM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Vinnie

Default We are still open, but.....

We are still open, but printing our last order today. Three weeks ago we were busy, even called back my seasonal worker early. Then BANG. We had some cancellations, church, school, event. We also print for a few wholesalers, only one had orders we filled. Our retail accounts stopped.

Next week we have ZERO jobs. I must layoff my one worker, in NJ Business owners were not eligible for employment only one time we were for Hurricane Irene. Rent even though we probably wont pay it this month will have to be paid next month. How do we pay later when we were making just enough to pay the bills before?

If you shut down and happen to get a small order, do you open up to print at a further loss?

I have been in business 39 years.I would hate to go bankrupt at this time

This is a discussion about Anyone else worried about their business.... that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in