T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

How to collect payments easily online?

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By splathead
  • 1 Post By Ripcord

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 10:51:28 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Dan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default How to collect payments easily online?

I hate telling my customers to CALL US TO PAY - it seems so old school. You would never have CustomInk or Amazon saying - hey give us a ring to pay.

We do use quickbooks but we make our invoices AFTER the order is done simply because there isn't time to make them before hand.

What online system could I use to gather quick payment?

Something we can type in $375.00 and their email and it will send payment link? Something super dooper quick.

We tried paypal but many say they don't have an account.
We tried Google Pay but people without gmail said they had to start account.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 11:54:01 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: How to collect payments easily online?

I personally have my own custom made invoice software, and people can chose their preferred payment option from a list (paypal, CC, Bank). Any form of payment can be added, but at the moment these are working for me and most of my big clients pay via bank transfer. I send the invoices via email and text message.

You could use a generic online invoicing service, but personally don't like any of them... They are all too complicated.

If you go down the custom software route (recommended), you will need a web developer with experience in payments integration. Avoid agencies and anyone suggesting doing it in WordPress (unless of course you are already using WordPress). You should expect to pay around $500 for each payment method.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 12:21:54 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

So if we wanted to make a full invoice (shirts x __, prints x ___, shipping x ____) we'd just use quickbooks.

We just want a quick way to type in you owe $550 and their email and it sends off a PAY NOW button.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 12:57:19 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,269 Posts

It takes less time to create an invoice in quickbooks than to take a payment over the phone.

Paypal Pro ($30 a month) allows you to send invoices and payments can be done with any credit card. You just have to enter client email, description, price, quantity. You may be able to do in standard paypal too, not sure.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 1:18:55 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
It takes less time to create an invoice in quickbooks than to take a payment over the phone.

Paypal Pro ($30 a month) allows you to send invoices and payments can be done with any credit card. You just have to enter client email, description, price, quantity. You may be able to do in standard paypal too, not sure.
Paypal Pro on its own will work... My problem with that is having to fill the details.
This is possible to do with PayPal standard as well. There is a hack to make PayPal display the credit card option first. It does this by default on a new browser never used by anyone with a PayPal account before.

The idea of having a custom invoice software is that the customer details will already be there (the customer placed the order somehow), so you can just insert the amount and send. Alternatively, it can be just the amount and the customers email. Custom obviously means you decide how it works.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 1:42:15 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

We really track out shirts, printing, shipping, size upchargs, screens, setup, etc so it takes a good 5 minutes to make an invoice. We want to send a payment link in about 30 seconds - we will do the invoicing later.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 2:30:42 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchvb
We really track out shirts, printing, shipping, size upchargs, screens, setup, etc so it takes a good 5 minutes to make an invoice. We want to send a payment link in about 30 seconds - we will do the invoicing later.

As I said... "custom" means you decide the workflow.
You can generate an invoice by simply inserting the email and the amount. All payment methods will work with this, but the request calls are different for each, and most also require a callback signal to confirm the transaction.

Alternatively as Joe said, you can simply use PayPal PRO by adding the description, price, and quantity.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 2:47:18 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Yeah we literally don't even want to put the description or quantity - that is later.

Right now we just want to do the price.

PaypalME seems perfect except you have to have paypal to pay - my customers don't want the extra step of signing up.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 3:38:14 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Quote:
Yeah we literally don't even want to put the description or quantity - that is later.

Right now we just want to do the price.
The description could be "New Order" or "New consignment" and therefore the quantity can be "1". This way the actual number of shirts within the consignment can be added later. This is how it will have to be done anyway. There is no other way to create an invoice with any payment method.

Old March 12th, 2020 Mar 12, 2020 4:59:12 PM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

This can be done with PayPay or Stripe. You will need to create a form on your site and sent a link with an appended amount to customers and the form will be pre-filled.

Simple checkouts:
https://stripe.com/docs/payments/checkout

https://stripe.com/docs/payments/accept-a-payment

Old March 13th, 2020 Mar 13, 2020 8:41:35 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jamie

square or venmo also work just to collect make sure an add 3.5%

Old March 13th, 2020 Mar 13, 2020 10:41:59 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
PaypalME seems perfect except you have to have paypal to pay - my customers don't want the extra step of signing up.
The easiest way to use paypal is to insert a buy now button in an email draft that you can use over and over.

Then all you have to say is "the cost is $xxx. Please pay here:"

It will take you to paypal where customer enters amount they are paying and credit card info.

Something like this: https://help.aweber.com/hc/en-us/art...to-my-message-

Old March 16th, 2020 Mar 16, 2020 6:49:56 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Rick

Quickbooks online has that functionality. Bank Transfer or Credit Card payment.

Old March 19th, 2020 Mar 19, 2020 12:21:11 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Neil

I'm getting in on this late, but as Joe said, the Paypal "Buy it Now" button works well and it gives the customer the option of using either Paypal or a credit card.

I added a page to my website with the Buy Now button so I can email a link to any customer that wants to pay for something. (I made my own graphic for the button just because I wanted to, but Paypal has their generic one that you can use...) Just for reference, the link to my payment page is www.endangerous.com/payment.html
splathead likes this.

Last edited by Ripcord; March 19th, 2020 at 12:30 PM..

This is a discussion about How to collect payments easily online? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in