T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Is AlphaBroder expanding too far?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By into the T
  • 1 Post By splathead

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 1 Week Ago Oct 1, 2019 7:05:57 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Ron
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is AlphaBroder expanding too far?

Iíve used Alpha Broder for many years now, but this week a regular customer who wanted a large order of printed apparel told me that Alpha has purchased a Promotional Company and gave him a price of less than half of what I quoted. (And, I gave him below my best price to start off.)
Any truth to this?
Iím hoping my supplier isnít taking my business away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 1, 2019 8:29:18 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Edward
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Is AlphaBroder expanding too far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJersey
Iím hoping my supplier isnít taking my business away.
the only option is for every single apparel decorator who uses them as a supplier is to drop them

send them a note explaining that they are no longer your apparel supplier because of this

if they want to be apparel decorators then they will not be apparel suppliers

The Following User Says Thank You to into the T For This Useful Post:
SouthJersey (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago Oct 1, 2019 9:55:19 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 2,233 Posts

Alpha may call themselves wholesalers, but they've been selling direct to customers for decades. Even today, you don't need a wholesale license to set up an account with them.

So printing on products they sell was the next logical step for them. They want to become the next Custom Ink.

As Edward said, move on, stop using them if you can. They certainly aren't the cheapest anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
SouthJersey (1 Week Ago)

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 1, 2019 11:20:52 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Debbie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Need help!! I am looking for women's fashion T-shirts that are not too thin. I embroider them or bling them out. I was using Bella style 1001, 5.8oz 1x1 rib in black. They are no longer available. They were perfect for my customer. Now I can't even find a 5 oz 1x1 rib short sleeve in black. Everything I see is 4 oz and no rib. I need to find something very soon. Thanks!!

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 1, 2019 1:33:32 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 2,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiew
Need help!! I am looking for women's fashion T-shirts that are not too thin. I embroider them or bling them out. I was using Bella style 1001, 5.8oz 1x1 rib in black. They are no longer available. They were perfect for my customer. Now I can't even find a 5 oz 1x1 rib short sleeve in black. Everything I see is 4 oz and no rib. I need to find something very soon. Thanks!!

Why are you posting this here? Create a new thread in the https://www.t-shirtforums.com/find-w...able-products/ forum.

This is a discussion about Is AlphaBroder expanding too far? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in