T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Epson F2100 or Brother GTX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andy7

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old September 27th, 2019 Sep 27, 2019 3:53:05 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Epson F2100 or Brother GTX

Hi! I want to buy a DTG printer for my business, and I really do like both options, Epson is cheaper than Brother, but it will deliver the same results in time?

Also who is owning an Epson F2100, how is the speed on dark garments? I know that Brother is faster on dark garments, but...

The cost per inks are the same on both printers?

Sometimes I am thinking that with an Epson printer will be easier to scale, because of the price I will afford the second printer after a while...

Please suggest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 29th, 2019 Sep 29, 2019 9:27:11 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Epson F2100 or Brother GTX

At first, I was liking the Brother GTX because of the one-pass printing on darks. I saw it in action at a trade show and it was impressive!

But then people started receiving their Epson F2100s and it seems like they like them better than the Brother. I have seen this from members here. There are some who own both and like the Epson better.

So, if I were to buy a DTG machine today it would be the Epson F2100.

Old October 4th, 2019 Oct 4, 2019 7:12:56 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I also thinking of buying a used Epson F2000, I saw many offers at a good price. What do you think about F2000?

Old October 4th, 2019 Oct 4, 2019 11:10:39 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Keep in mind that this is my OPINION only and that I have not actually used any of these machines. But of the 3 you've brought up, I would rank them as follows:

1. Epson 2100
2. Brother GTX
3. Epson 2000--only because it's older.

Old October 9th, 2019 Oct 9, 2019 10:15:53 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

We have had our GTX for a year. We love it, but we will be moving and are forced to sell it along with our pretreat machine and dryer.

Old October 16th, 2019 Oct 16, 2019 4:47:27 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Angry Re: Epson F2100 or Brother GTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7
Hi! I want to buy a DTG printer for my business, and I really do like both options, Epson is cheaper than Brother, but it will deliver the same results in time?

Also who is owning an Epson F2100, how is the speed on dark garments? I know that Brother is faster on dark garments, but...

The cost per inks are the same on both printers?

Sometimes I am thinking that with an Epson printer will be easier to scale, because of the price I will afford the second printer after a while...

Please suggest.

Do save yourself the trouble and get a brother gtx i have a epson f2100 that i bought since feb this year and it has been problems since day 1 and i have not made money and you will get error platen height problems all the time and with brother gtx you can print from a way further height and get amazing prints believe me i wish i purchased the brother gtx 1000 times over this piece of junk i am in the process of demanding a new printer or i am taking them to court because i am not suppose to trouble shoot this piece of crap day in and day out. i am over this printer for sure! not dtg but for sure this printer i know ppl with the Gtx making so much quick money and not dealing with the bull**** i have dealt with daily and epson not believing me when i have warranty still!

Old October 16th, 2019 Oct 16, 2019 5:19:22 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Hmmm, very strange experience you had, because other people told me the vice versa. Maybe your machine was a faulty one? You want to say that is more profitable to print on a GTX than on Epson F2100? I think the cost per ink are the same on both machines, or nearly the same.

Old October 16th, 2019 Oct 16, 2019 8:49:33 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7
Hmmm, very strange experience you had, because other people told me the vice versa. Maybe your machine was a faulty one? You want to say that is more profitable to print on a GTX than on Epson F2100? I think the cost per ink are the same on both machines, or nearly the same.
For real. It’s been all bad. I wont know if it was just my printer unless they replace this one. I already contacted them with what i want honored and if they decline i know for a fact i will win in court if they want that route. I saved texts. Recorded Phone calls and emails.

At this point the reason i think the gtx would be better is because of its speed and the fact that you can print from a good distance on sweaters with seams and sweat shorts with out the damn sensor going off and causing your platen to come back out and you having to lower the platen and then that causes a spray paint type of look which is so awful and with this f2100 i always experienced the height sensor going off A LOT! Therefor causing all that down time but if i were you i would just take a file ready to print to each company. Go to a brother salesman and they will allow you to take a shirt and print your own image and then do the same with epson and you will know exactly what i am talking about! The main difference on both printers is price point and the fact that epson has 1 print head with all colors and brother gtx print heads are all individual for each color. So imagine replacing 1 print head vs 6/8 print heads. It might just be 6 but i forgot if gtx has 4 white print heads or not and cmyk = 4 print heads and i guess the ink expiration. But to be honest i doubt you will have a lot of downtime with the gtx. But be your own judge based off the info you already know. I just wouldn’t want anyone to go through what i am going through.

Old October 16th, 2019 Oct 16, 2019 9:09:17 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Yeah, thanks for sharing your experience, I have a friend who also owns the GTX, no issues yet and he printed this year more than 5000 shirts. Sincerely, when I was searching on Ebay, I saw many listings with Epson F2000 or F2100 in perfect near mint condition, but no ad with a Brother GTX. I will take a ride to the nearest Brother dealer for a demo test. The price difference is not too big if we analyze for years further, that's why I want to invest into a good machine that will pay off and deliver quality.
EpsonF2100 likes this.

Old October 22nd, 2019 Oct 22, 2019 10:57:21 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jenny

I personally own the Brother GTX and I love it. I do think it wastes white ink though.

The thing I would research is, where are you going to buy your ink? Here in San Diego you CAN NOT walk into a supply store and purchase Brother GTX ink. You CAN purchase Epson ink because they DONT ALLOW suppliers to have a monopoly on 1/3 of the state.

I would look into where you can purchase ink in case of an emergency (I forget to order online) so if you forecasted wrong and your job has to be done that day, you have a way to get ink immediately.

Old October 22nd, 2019 Oct 22, 2019 11:38:45 AM -   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 2,537 Times in 2,254 Posts

The Brothers are the only DTG machines where you rarely see posts here regarding issues. Not so much with Epson or any other brand.

This is a discussion about Epson F2100 or Brother GTX that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in