T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

New to t-shirt prints

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 18, 2019 1:55:09 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default New to t-shirt prints

Hi guys I really need your help,
I being looking in YouTube and forum still not sure where to start. I want start a small business by doing tshirt,car decal and etc.

What type of printer,heat press,vinyl(car decal,tshirt,Cup)

1)what type of printer should I buy?
-print cut machine or just cut machine?

2)what type of printer?

3)what type of heat press?

4)supplier for tshirt,cup,bag,cap,canvas?

5)supplier for vinyl?

Too much thing to try. Should I start with something easy take step by step. I really want try this. Budget not to high. Just for a start.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 19, 2019 12:19:33 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi. For non-fading car decals you'd need an eco-solvent printer and a contour cutter capable of cutting using registration marks, or, a dedicated printer/cutter such as a Roland BN-20. These options will require a large budget.

For mugs, you will need a sublimation printer and a mug press or oven.

For t-shirts there are a fee options depending on what type of shirts you intend to make. Read through the forum first before you decide.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 20, 2019 7:00:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks for your reply.. I PM u.. have plenty of questions to ask

Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 20, 2019 7:25:40 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: New to t-shirt prints

To many unknowns.
I suggest you call a number of supplies. Provide them your objectives and get their package information and prices. Most have extensive video libraries detailing how their products are used.

The reality is you will NEVER be 100% confident that every decision will be the best decision. But what you can be assured is NO DECISION is always the wrong one. Be aware, 'NO" is a decision.

You need to start somewhere and the least expensive is HVT, press and cutter package. You should consider sublimation as your main deal. Do not, don't, do not take your ego for a ride and buy the most expensive equipment on the market. It simply is not necessary. But, be advised a $100 16x20 heat press will take up space next to the tread mill.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 20, 2019 11:20:33 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Welcome and suggest if you want a package similiar to what you outlined you can use a Sublimation printer, a White toner laser printer and a GOOD heat press.
This will give you a large variety of substrated to make at a reasonable cost not in the thousands to just make shirts.

Old 3 Weeks Ago Sep 20, 2019 1:47:40 PM -   #6 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 1,016 Posts

Corel Draw, a 24" cutter and a 15x15 heat press and you can do

shirts with vinyl, plastisol transfers, rhinestones, glitter, etc.
signs
banners
decals

All that for under $2000 and you are in business. Save your pennies and get a top line cutter, a plotter and a larger heat press.

If you want to add a sublimation printer you can also do awards such as trophies by printing on dye sub plate material. Or you can sub out your plates to a local trophy shop.

Good Luck.

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 5, 2019 9:44:42 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks guys for your reply. I would stick to tshirt printing with sublimation printer, Heatpress 4in1 and also cutter. But is there any print and cut printer other than roland brand?

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 5, 2019 1:34:10 PM -   #8 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanked 1,245 Times in 1,016 Posts

Graphtec or if you want to go inexpensive then US cutter.

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 6, 2019 12:45:09 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Paul

I personally went on udemy and looked through all the tshirt courses. I cant specifically recommend one that covered everything *yet*, but I learned something from each of them and they are 15 bucks a course. Like most of the responses here, I'd suggest deciding on what you want to do specifically first and get really good at it then scale up into other technical aspects and garments to work with.

Old 1 Week Ago Oct 6, 2019 3:49:46 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

[QUOTE=Kaori;4447409]Thanks guys for your reply. I would stick to tshirt printing with sublimation printer, Heatpress 4in1 and also cutter. But is there any print and cut printer other than roland brand?[/QUOTE]

Don't get the 4 in 1 press! Buy a decent press and a cheaper plotter if need be.
Graphtec is my goto plotter for when budget allowa. You can get by with any plotter really. Uscutter will do to start. The press is where you don't want to skimp on. Get a used hittronix or something if you need to

This is a discussion about New to t-shirt prints that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in