T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

T-shirt profits

Like Tree53Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2017 Jul 5, 2017 1:33:04 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default T-shirt profits

How much do you make monthly off of T-shirt sales. Meaning how much profit after paying for media, ink, t-shirts, ect...?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2017 Jul 5, 2017 4:08:08 PM -   #2 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Default Re: T-shirt profits

You should specify whether you want numbers from people designing and selling their own line, or from people printing work for other people. A T-shirt brand versus a printing business. Edit that into your first post, or you will end up with two different conversations at once, only one of which you want.

Old July 5th, 2017 Jul 5, 2017 5:32:20 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Larry
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXid
You should specify whether you want numbers from people designing and selling their own line, or from people printing work for other people. A T-shirt brand versus a printing business. Edit that into your first post, or you will end up with two different conversations at once, only one of which you want.
Agree, not only that but where as I might make 80K a year NoXid here might make 200K...not sure what your trying to figure out as none of our numbers will really help you. I can remember having the same type question when I started doing this many years ago and quickly found out what everybody else makes is irrelevant to me. The only numbers that do help is what is your competition charging for the same services you provide as that changes from location to location as well then figure in your costs and volume.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Viper Graphics For This Useful Post:
vegas75 (July 6th, 2017)

Old July 5th, 2017 Jul 5, 2017 7:16:00 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You're incorrect....If enough people respond with the actual information that was requested a person can calculate an average based on those numbers. However everyone prefers to post opinions versus posting the information that was requested evidently.

Last edited by DugM; July 5th, 2017 at 07:22 PM..

Old July 5th, 2017 Jul 5, 2017 10:46:20 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Derek
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Profit? Ha, that depends on so many variables. your marketing and costs, your ordering capacity, the quality of your customers, your insurances, your staffs ability to do the job and their wages, your overheads, reliability of your equipment, the banks charges and willingness to bale you out when the big job finally comes in and you need a boost that's going to rip you apart paying it back. no-one can actually say how much food is going on the table this week, sometimes its a belly full and sometimes its a "I needed to lose weight anyway". That is unless you get a year long contract for a set amount so you just keep your head down all day long. Like sewing mailbags.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 9:43:54 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rodney
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanked 6,032 Times in 3,228 Posts

Quote:
However everyone prefers to post opinions versus posting the information that was requested evidently.
I'm not sure you gave enough information in your original question to answer it properly

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:27:37 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Its a very basic, simple question. Youre not making t-shirts just to spend your personal money in order to make t-shirt for other people. That means at the end of each month you have a profit or you wouldnt continue selling t-shirts. Im not sure how a person would make it any easier to understand.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:31:09 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ziggy

Alrighty, then. I'll be the first to jump in! So far, I've made exactly $0. But then, I haven't produced any tee shirts yet. So there you go.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:43:20 AM -   #9 (permalink)
ABM
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DugM
You're incorrect....If enough people respond with the actual information that was requested a person can calculate an average based on those numbers.
This logic & math will get you broke.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:43:57 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

The average person would conclude that making t-shirts is a prerequisite to answering the question, unless of course your name is Forrest Gump.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:53:32 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ziggy

Actually, Dug, I was trying to lighten things up for you. You know, sugar instead of vinegar and all that. Looks like I wasted my time, though.
berkeley likes this.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 10:59:59 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Pat
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
The average person would conclude that making t-shirts is a prerequisite to answering the question, unless of course your name is Forrest Gump.
I make more money from my shrimp boat.
T-shirt making is like a box of chocolates.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 12:06:51 PM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I lose money every month. Hope that helps.
berkeley and Dekzion like this.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 12:11:00 PM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

MaxCat, im not interested in what you tell the IRS.

Old July 6th, 2017 Jul 6, 2017 12:33:01 PM -   #15 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Larry

Thumbs down Re: T-shirt profits

Quote:
Its a very basic, simple question. Youre not making t-shirts just to spend your personal money in order to make t-shirt for other people. That means at the end of each month you have a profit or you wouldn't continue selling t-shirts. Im not sure how a person would make it any easier to understand.
Before I spend time away from my press to get all these stats to post, what is your interest in these numbers? Do you own a shop or print? Because if you did you would know that these answers are exactly the response you should get from experienced printers based on your simple question. . . . even Forest Gump would know that. . .your responses to the answers and continued push that you feel you know more than we do about our own business, pricing. profits. overhead, customer base and location is why you are getting some sarcastic answers...

Last edited by Viper Graphics; July 7th, 2017 at 09:57 AM..

This is a discussion about T-shirt profits that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in