T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DandyCustard

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 1:10:49 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys

So I'm a tall, skinny guy myself (6'6" and 210 lbs.). I know the headache it is to shop for t-shirts that actually fit. I've noticed there are a lot of guys in my boat looking for a decent fitting t-shirt. I also noticed several people in these forums looking for tall t-shirt brands for printing and graphics. For all of those people, I thought you would find my experience of the last year to be useful. I've ordered tons of brands online and tried them all, so below is a collection of all the brands that offer decent shirts for tall, skinny guys. I'll include the ones that were bad also. Please add any brands you've found that fit well so we can make a solid collection of all of them. I'll order mine from best to worst.

1. TALLSLIM TEES (https://www.tallslimtees.com)

Just recently got these and by far and away my favorite. Not many options just yet, but looks like they are pretty new with plans for more. These shirts didn't just add length, they fit great everywhere. Sizes don't come in tall or normal, they just have medium and large. But they are plenty tall. 50% polyester too so they feel nice and haven't shrunk after multiple washes. If they ever add more colors + long sleeve or hoodies, probably the only brand I will ever wear.

2. AMERICAN EAGLE (http://www.ae.com/men-aeo-legend-v-n...prod/1177_7701)

I got their shirt called the Legend V-neck in XL tall with a classic fit. I like most everything about it except the sleeves feel a little short/tight. Also I don't like that it has their eagle logo on the chest, even if it is small. This would also make printing on them a bit more complicated. Didn't notice any shrinking, material feels pretty soft and flexible.

3. AMERICAN APPAREL (http://www.americanapparel.net/)

I didn't see any options for tall sizes, but the XL I got felt longer than most standard sizes. That's just the way they made the shirt, it's called the 50/50 in the tag. Not as long as a tallslim tee or other shirts in tall sizes though. A little roomier than I would like in the chest and shoulders are too wide, but for a standard size offering, pretty nice. Slight, noticeable shrinking, but not much.

4. SONOMA (Kohl's) (http://www.kohls.com/sale-event/mens...l-clothing.jsp)

Since XL always seems a bit too roomy in the chest I went with a Large Tall size on this one. The fit was pretty good, but with the smaller chest came smaller shoulders and that didn't feel very comfortable. Length was good though. However, 100% cotton so noticeable shrinking after washes.

5. SIFR (http://sifrsite.com/)

This is a shirt I ordered from Singapore actually, took forever to get here. It's called the Beanstalk Fit. The length is fantastic, but the sleeves are small and the fit is pretty tight. I suppose that style is pretty common in Asia so probably not that unexpected. Not many options in this particular fit and the international ordering could be complicated if you needed big bulk orders.

THE FOLLOWING BRANDS WERE ALL PRETTY BAD

6. ALTUS (http://www.altusmenswear.com/collections/t-shirt)

I had high hopes when I discovered Altus, who bills their clothing as made for tall, lean men over 6'3". I got a t-shirt in XL tall size. I'm not sure who designed the dimensions over there, but the armholes seemed abnormally large. I read later on the site that is by design. They go way too low however. Also, for tall, skinny guys, you would want a smaller armhole, because you know, smaller arms, not very large/muscular. The overall shape doesn't drape well and the fit looks somewhat awkward. Comfortable enough to wear, but I never wear it. Ever. Don't know if it shrinks, never washed since never wore. I wouldn't go with this brand if you are in need of tall size shirts.

7. FOUNDRY (http://www.jcpenney.com/men/big-tall...=cat1002310004)

I found this shirt in a store for once, not online. It was at JC Penny in the big & tall section (two shelves). I got a large tall and the sleeves are too small while the chest is too large. It's a truly odd shape for a shirt. I don't know any big guys with proportions that could possibly fit it, let alone lean guys. I will note that I also picked up a hoodie by Foundry while I was there and it is one of my favorites. So not sure how they blew it on the t-shirt, but they did.

8. L.L. BEAN (http://www.llbean.com/llb/products/m...fit-shirt.html

On the recommendation of several forums I got a t-shirt from LL Bean which was a huge mistake. Worst fitting one of the bunch. It advertised itself as "TrimFit" I believe was their term, which it says "slightly fitted" on the tag. Because of this I figured the XL tall would be the best choice. What a horrible fitting shirt this is. I couldn't believe it when I put it on. Still, I kept it and all other non-winners for the sake of research, and to take the pictures you're seeing. This brand was bad so stay away for tall, thin shirts.

OTHERS: Old Navy makes tall sizes, but they just add an inch to the length, so they fit like any standard shirt with a little more length. I heard the Mossimo brand at Target had good length, but they fit just like any other standard t-shirt. Also heard the same of a brand called Gildan and same deal. Truth be told, the only shirts I wear are tallslim tees and the American Eagle legends in tall size.

Hope this helps those who are looking!
Chiaya424 likes this.

Last edited by DandyCustard; January 7th, 2015 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: added links to each brand & images of shirts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2015 Jan 7, 2015 2:00:00 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Default Re: Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys

I've been trying to figure out how to get the images to show up but they don't seem to be working. I have included the images as attachments here to see if this works.

Tallslim tee: black
American Eagle: grey with eagle on chest
American Apparel: orange
Sonoma: tighter of the green ones
Sifr: tight light grey
Altus: baggy dark grey
Foundry: red
LL Bean: darker baggier of the green ones
Attached Thumbnails
Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144245.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144337.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144426.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144509.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144601.jpg  

Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144707.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144750.jpg   Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys-20150107_144827.jpg  

Old March 18th, 2019 Mar 18, 2019 4:13:08 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: renu

Default Re: Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys

Check out shops of gents garment retailers in Amravati. There you find the best collection of t-shirts and many more at the best price.

This is a discussion about Collection of brands for tall, skinny guys that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in