T-Shirt Forums banner

Confused

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sunnydayz 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am trying to start a simple t shirt business but, I'm a little confused. I read a lot about people not liking the opaque transfer paper. But what do you use to print on colored shirts like navy, brown, burgundy, orange, red ,etc.. Say I wanted to print a photo pic to a tshirt of one of the above colored shirts, how would it come out if I used light transfer paper. Or is it that a majority of the people who sell Tees only use white, light ash and natural colors for their Tees? It is taking me a while to get started because i went and purchased a printer, heat press, pigment inks, Vinyl cutter, Corel x3 and adobe elements 6 and to tell you the truth it's a little overwhelming learning the programs and hoping everything comes out good. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
One more thing with so many knowledgable people in this forum I have noticed only a few people actually answer questions Rodney and Badalou?

#2 ·
I have only done one transfer because I do not care for the feel or the way they look, but I believe for the dark shirt you need the dark paper because the backing is white giving you the ability to have white in the image as well as the colors on a dark shirt. I am not positive but I believe that is the case.
You have to cut the light transfers where if you have the optic eye on the vinyl cutter the dark paper can be cut on that but has a heavy hand feel compared to the transfers for light shirts.

I probably confused you even more but thought I would try to answer what I could
I would love to find a way to do photos on dark shirts other than transfers but other than the dtg that do white, there isn't anything but it seems that all of the people near me that have the dtgs with white ink are not able to produce aquality dark shirt so I screen print all my black and navy blue shirts

#3 ·
I often print darks on my dtg, in fact most orders seem to be on black. The one thing I can say is the only thing that doesnt come out great with my dtg is photos on black, it is very difficult to get the perfect color saturation for some reason with them. they come out ok but not great like the rest of the graphics I do on darks. All other graphics I dont have any issues at all and they come out fantastic. There are many options for printing on darks besides opaque paper. You can do vinyl, screen print, dtg, and also plasitol transfers. Those can give you some different areas to do research and you should be able to find most information right here on the forums using the search option at the top of the page :) Hope this helps some.

Reactions: loquito
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.