[CLOTHING LINE] As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

[CLOTHING LINE] As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jtilden
  • 1 Post By jtilden

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 9:15:14 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt?

I've been wondering, because my site shop isn't yet giving me profit, It maybe maybe because of the pricing or so?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 9:56:29 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tilden
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt?

You should have a price calculator that figures out all of your overhead. With the one I created in excel, I add in the cost of the ink per cc, the cost of the shirt, if selling in state the cost of tax, I don’t have to figure in labor for an employee because I am a one man operation thus far. I also added a profit per shirt cell so i can manipulate the bottom line (i always start out with $10 per shirt profit as a goal). Depending on the amount of ink used per shirt, and whether or not it is a dark color or cmyk, my shirts still come in at $25 or less (way less in some cases) and I make a decent profit per shirt and the customer is happy with a custom reasonably priced item.
chasyx21 likes this.

Old August 5th, 2014 Aug 5, 2014 11:08:26 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Default Re: As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt?

I see so the price range for a digital printed shirts is in 15$ - 25$. It depends with the print size?

Old August 6th, 2014 Aug 6, 2014 2:11:26 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Tilden
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasyx21
I see so the price range for a digital printed shirts is in 15$ - 25$. It depends with the print size?
That is the price range for my area. You can check around in your area and see what the others are charging. Don't quote me but I have seen custom DTG prints go for $35 and up. It is all determined by the market in your area. You will have to know how much your ink costs per job to better gauge the cost based on size of the print.
chasyx21 likes this.

Old September 4th, 2014 Sep 4, 2014 11:12:55 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtilden
That is the price range for my area. You can check around in your area and see what the others are charging. Don't quote me but I have seen custom DTG prints go for $35 and up. It is all determined by the market in your area. You will have to know how much your ink costs per job to better gauge the cost based on size of the print.
My target area is US and my store is quite new though so I'm researching for possible effective ways to make my shirts look good and pricing also.

Home - Digital Printing T Shirts

Old September 5th, 2014 Sep 5, 2014 8:25:02 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

The cost for per shirt depends on print size and the quantity that you order. You can get it as cheap as $8 each if the quantity is not too small.

Old September 5th, 2014 Sep 5, 2014 9:01:31 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Anthony

Quick couple question....are you making all these prints on demand? Do you have this in inventory? Not sure if you are just marketing to people to print all the ready made design or are you also doing custom printed jobs with their own artwork. IF you are just printing the ready made design then you are limiting yourself to people who "like" the designs. In order to turn a profit that would require lots of marketing and branding. I have a print shop that does just custom work. I have my own line. But that sells very little in reality. Nice to have a brand and talk about it but unless you have some major creative marketing it is a constant battle to make a profit. I make alot more printing for local businesses. It isn't as glamorous but it makes a profit

This is a discussion about As a start up how much is the minimum price for a digital printed shirt? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in