T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Will this design print well spreadshirts colored t shirts?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 4:57:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Will this design print well spreadshirts colored t shirts?

Hi guys

ive attached a sample of a design that i will be printing on t shirts. I intend to have my own website and integrate spreadshirt into it.

I would like my design which is half design half photograph to be printed on colored t shirts. I have searched around with no joy for posts on printing photos on colored tees. I dont know what printing method spreadshirt would use to put this design on a colored t shirt. would they use DTG with white ink as the space around the face is white (i dont want this to be the color of the t shirt) or would they use a transfer paper method like imageclip ect to keep the white in the design around the face when printed on colored t shirts?

im really lost on this one and would appreciate input from those who have used their service.
Attached Thumbnails
Will this design print well spreadshirts colored t shirts?-sample.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 6:16:58 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Xeon

Default Re: Will this design print well spreadshirts colored t shirts?

Quote:
I would like my design which is half design half photograph to be printed on colored t shirts. I have searched around with no joy for posts on printing photos on colored tees. I dont know what printing method spreadshirt would use to put this design on a colored t shirt. would they use DTG with white ink as the space around the face is white (i dont want this to be the color of the t shirt) or would they use a transfer paper method like imageclip ect to keep the white in the design around the face when printed on colored t shirts?
SS has two printing options: plot printing and digital transfer.

Since your design consists of part photograph, plot printing can't be used and they will do digital transfer instead.
And there's two kinds of digital transfer: normal transfer for white t-shirts and digital transfer overlay for colored t-shirts.

So, they will be using digital transfer overlay for your case.

And you probably wouldn't want to use that, because they will be putting a big white square around all the transparent areas.
Thus, your image will come out as what you want, but it will be framed by a big white square behind.

I strongly suggest you try Printfection instead.

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 7:47:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Rashaun

You could also turn the pic into a vector and make it look kinda artsy but still keeping the main idea with the pretty lady and the world...graphics and photos usually arent as eye catchy once printed, because the graphics will stand out compared to the photo

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 2:53:23 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

thanks, ya your right i dont want a white box around the design. what do printfection do thats different in this case?

cant seem to find there shipping charges either!

thats a pity about spreadshirt cause most of my sales will be in europe and they have a European branch..

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 4:07:06 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

(sofakinggood)
Quote:
thanks, ya your right i dont want a white box around the design. what do printfection do thats different in this case? cant seem to find there shipping charges either!
If you wanna go the PF route, just make the image a PNG and make the area outside the circle transparent.
Upload the design and you're ready to go! I had recommend them over CP cos' their printing quality is top-notch in the DTG world.

Old February 14th, 2008 Feb 14, 2008 8:16:16 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

thaks for that guys

Old February 16th, 2008 Feb 16, 2008 10:23:12 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon
SS has two printing options: plot printing and digital transfer.

Since your design consists of part photograph, plot printing can't be used and they will do digital transfer instead.
And there's two kinds of digital transfer: normal transfer for white t-shirts and digital transfer overlay for colored t-shirts.

So, they will be using digital transfer overlay for your case.

And you probably wouldn't want to use that, because they will be putting a big white square around all the transparent areas.
Thus, your image will come out as what you want, but it will be framed by a big white square behind.

hi just coming back to the point you made about the white box around the design. do you know why PF can print this without the with box and SS cant? also do you know how cafepress operates on this one. if i send them a pgn file can they print leaving white area blank like PF?

Its a real pity that SS would nt be able to print this desing on colors leaving out the white box because i really wanted to go with them as they put your logo on receipts when shipping.

cheers
a

Old February 17th, 2008 Feb 17, 2008 8:48:15 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Yes I use Cafepress, and if you make a transparent image you wont have a white background on it.

Old February 17th, 2008 Feb 17, 2008 5:24:14 PM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

From SoFarkingGud:
Quote:
hi just coming back to the point you made about the white box around the design. do you know why PF can print this without the with box and SS cant? also do you know how cafepress operates on this one. if i send them a pgn file can they print leaving white area blank like PF?
Yeah, CP and PF are pretty much the same, just that the latter's quality is a lot better.
SS's digital transfer technology seems to be different from CP and PF's, and that's why they can't. They're working on fixing this at the moment, but SS is more on the "plot printing" side.

Quote:
Its a real pity that SS would nt be able to print this desing on colors leaving out the white box because i really wanted to go with them as they put your logo on receipts when shipping.
Yeah, but you've to be a Premium member for this.
Not sure about CP, but PF is currently working on this "your-logo-on-PF's-invoice" thing.

Old February 17th, 2008 Feb 17, 2008 8:45:41 PM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

great stuff thats good to hear about the invoice and logo. wonder how long it will be? that is a major swing for me to have my biz logo on outgoing receipts etc

cheers for the other info too.

Old February 17th, 2008 Feb 17, 2008 9:29:41 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Well, they never said how long, and same with SS on their digital transfer as well. However, it shouldn't be too long cos' it's a highly requested feature.

Old May 7th, 2008 May 7, 2008 6:51:06 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Alright..this thread is confusing me. Should I expect that my images with transparency will have white backgrounds on coloured shirts? I made one such shirt and it's showing up properly on spreadshirt in the design thing, but does that mean it's going to print with a big white background!? I've attached links to to the spreadshirt preview and actual image below.

Old May 7th, 2008 May 7, 2008 8:34:05 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTApparel
Alright..this thread is confusing me. Should I expect that my images with transparency will have white backgrounds on coloured shirts? I made one such shirt and it's showing up properly on spreadshirt in the design thing, but does that mean it's going to print with a big white background!? I've attached links to to the spreadshirt preview and actual image below.

No, if it previews as no transparency, it wont be printed with a square, I think the first original poster didn't know how to remove the background on the image, but yours wll be fine...

The Following User Says Thank You to IntegralApparel For This Useful Post:
FORTApparel (May 7th, 2008)
Old May 7th, 2008 May 7, 2008 8:36:40 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

One other question on Spreadshirts while I have someones attention.. is there anyway to do prints that occupy their entire print area? Is there anyway to put multiple designs on the same shirt? I love the print area I get from them, but I want to be able to use it all.

Thanks in advance!

This is a discussion about Will this design print well spreadshirts colored t shirts? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in