Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 27th, 2012 Jul 27, 2012 12:26:22 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right?

So I was contacted by a friend that signed up to buy clothing retail from this company called Wittlebee.com, where you pay around $40 a month and they send you six items in a box of clothing. They have in the last two months received 3 blank American apparel tees, which I know that American apparel does not allow the reselling of their garments retail.

So what is your take on this? I know how hard I worked to get my wholesale account just to print them and it actually kind of upsets me that this company, is selling blanks retail, when we all work so hard to keep things legitimate. I know there are many who cannot even get approved for accounts because American apparel is scared of people doing this very thing. Is it just me or does this seem wrong. You can clearly see on their website that they advertise American apparel at the bottom of their site, so what is your feedback on this issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2012 Jul 27, 2012 12:44:12 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Default Re: Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right?

Ok so I went and looked at what comes in their boxes, and sure enough, blank american apparel
Attached Thumbnails
Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right?-american.jpg  

Old July 27th, 2012 Jul 27, 2012 5:37:10 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Mabuzi
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Default Re: Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right?

I have no time for american aparel after they pulled the retail/wholesale stunt in Australia. Very poor!

The lines between wholesaler and retailer are now blurred. Many wholesale t-shirt suppliers will sell to the public direct (even as low as 1) and now even offer print services and under cut you. I have customers e-mail me that they have a supplier and would supply their own shirts. Then its 3 t-shirts!!

This is the changing face of the business. Your wholesale vinyl supplier will now also print and sell a one off print to a consumer. Your wholesale garment supplier now has contact details on their website and shows print pricing too!
This is the reality of the new business world.

Old July 28th, 2012 Jul 28, 2012 6:51:53 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Thanked 1,308 Times in 1,075 Posts

maybe they have a deal with aa to sell retail. at one point gildan was selling direct retail as well but for a high price. living near los angeles we have people come in all the time with 2nds from the garment district and wanting us to decorate them.

This is a discussion about Wittlebee company selling blank american apparel for retail, wrong or right? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in