T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Selling > General T-Shirt Selling Discussion

General T-Shirt Selling Category Sponsor

This is the catchall topic for the t-shirt selling discussion. Not sure where to post your question about t-shirt selling? Start here.

Is it just me or is Ebay a bit quiet?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 4:29:23 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Is it just me or is Ebay a bit quiet?

Hey there folks,

I'm running a tshirt shop on ebay and i've had healthy sales over past couple of months but the last few days i've sold hardly any. It's dropped to 5% what it was. Is that normal for this time of year?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 5:04:09 AM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default Re: Is it just me or is Ebay a bit quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsimon
Hey there folks,

I'm running a tshirt shop on ebay and i've had healthy sales over past couple of months but the last few days i've sold hardly any. It's dropped to 5% what it was. Is that normal for this time of year?
I've sold on eBay for years & years most all sellers and buyers take the Christmas season off simply because of the reason you stated no or low sales, another trend you'll notice is that during the summer eBay changes from a sellers market to a buyers market, from my experiences the best time to sell is from September to December, then January to April....after that it's a crap shoot for sellers.

JMHO

The Following User Says Thank You to IYFGraphics For This Useful Post:
Ray J. (January 4th, 2010)
Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 6:19:32 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Gary

I have noticed the same thing. However, the pattern of trend is quite interesting. Thanks for the info.

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 6:22:01 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Nice one thanks for the advice.

The biggest suprise i've found is how quick it went quiet. As soon as 25th of december passed it's as if my shop didn't exist.

From your advice i think it's best if i stock up on adverts ready for some january sales.

thanks

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 6:29:32 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Yeah its died big time down here . I havent really bought anything in months because its being over taken by seconds and bad fakes. I also hardly buy from the US as I had a bad experience with Paypal not refunding me for a blatent fake. I looked back at the seller in the end he closed hes account leaving literally hundreds of negative feedbacks...wonder if those poor people got their money back. I still look every now and then but clothes....no.

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 6:42:38 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie73
Yeah its died big time down here . I havent really bought anything in months because its being over taken by seconds and bad fakes. I also hardly buy from the US as I had a bad experience with Paypal not refunding me for a blatent fake. I looked back at the seller in the end he closed hes account leaving literally hundreds of negative feedbacks...wonder if those poor people got their money back. I still look every now and then but clothes....no.
Ebay was Great for a lot of years.....but the bigger it got the worse it is for sellers, my wife still sells a ton of stuff there but I, myself would rather devote my energies to sell stuff in other ways....same goes for Paypal it was great in the beginning but once eBay bought them it's been down-hill ever since. The biggest issue I have is that as a seller you can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer, but the buyer can leave negative feedback for you....it's just plain stupid and all about collecting fees, both feebay and paypal are oriented towards the buyer, not much protection for the seller at all.

I would never rely on eBay as my only source of sales.

Again JMHO.

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 6:58:12 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IYFGraphics
The biggest issue I have is that as a seller you can no longer leave negative feedback for a buyer, but the buyer can leave negative feedback for you....it's just plain stupid and all about collecting fees, both feebay and paypal are oriented towards the buyer, not much protection for the seller at all.
Is that negative feedback or feedback in general? I just bought a US Cutter and as soon as I won the bid i paid and US Cutter left feedback. It could be an automatic responder because it was as soon as I paid but they did leave feedback from me buying the cutter. I am waiting for the cutter to arrive before I leave my feedback.

Tari

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 7:10:51 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taricp35
Is that negative feedback or feedback in general? I just bought a US Cutter and as soon as I won the bid i paid and US Cutter left feedback. It could be an automatic responder because it was as soon as I paid but they did leave feedback from me buying the cutter. I am waiting for the cutter to arrive before I leave my feedback.

Tari
It is negative feedback....a seller can leave a positive for the buyer but no negative feedback, so if you get burnt by a non-pay or god forbid someone who scams you out of your item your just out, yeah you can appeal to eBay or Paypal but like I said they are both orientated towards the buyer.......as a buyer you can leave whatever type of feedback you like.

It's one of the reasons IMHO that Craigslist is getting so many ads these days.

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 7:42:00 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Inked
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have an ebay store and it is dreadlfully slow right now....I sold over 40 shirts the week before christmas...now nothing in the last few days..its a ghost town.

Inked

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 9:57:15 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: drew

My sales died out about a week before Christmas. They were way up that last week, though. This was my first season but I kind of expected it to go that way.

Old December 28th, 2009 Dec 28, 2009 10:59:27 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

cold weather could also be a reason. i always notice my sales drop during winter. people are buying sweaters and jackets now.

Old December 29th, 2009 Dec 29, 2009 1:15:51 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Jazz Hands Jingle Bells

Of course people stop buying starting around Christmas day. They are done with their Christmas shopping, plus many of them have strained their budgets. They want to minimize their spending for at least several days.

Old January 4th, 2010 Jan 4, 2010 7:05:54 AM -   #13 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts

Yeah, I saw that, too. Get your sales in the week before Christmas, bc after that, ghost town. People are also quite possibly off celebrating as well... not sitting in front of Ebay shopping.

This is a discussion about Is it just me or is Ebay a bit quiet? that was posted in the General T-Shirt Selling Discussion section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in