GCC Not cutting consistent left to right - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers > GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters
Discuss the GCC brand of vinyl cutters.

GCC Not cutting consistent left to right

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 11:54:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gunner
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default GCC Not cutting consistent left to right

hello all, i have a problem that i hope someone else has had before and fixed.
my gcc lx 24 doesn't cut all the way from left to right

:example i am cutting 15 inch vinyl, first 1/4th of vinyl is a perfect cut (80g) cuts right through vinyl barely marks backing plastic, sharp edges just awesome..
2/4th of really good cut all the way through a little rough on smaller details but really good
3/4th now i need to be careful with the weeding maybe even use flashlight to see cuts barely visible small details need special attention .
4/4th (last 4 inches id say) absolutely nothing, blade comes down as if it were cutting i doubt it even makes contact.

any one have this problem before this is my first gcc cutter and have only been using it about 2 months.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 6:00:44 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jeremy

Default Re: GCC Not cutting consistent left to right

Sounds most likely to be the blade isn't moving freely inside the blade holder, i'd remove inspect & clean, if that isn't it then here's a good guide.

https://craftcutguide.com/not_cutting_properly/

Old July 25th, 2019 Jul 25, 2019 8:05:04 PM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I've thought about this a little more and if this issue is consistent irrespective of design thats being cut, then the cause may actually be at the left side where you're getting good cuts.
I'm assuming that like my machine, this is the side where test cuts are done and blade height is adjusted. And would also be the side that most jobs are set up and the blade always cuts, especially if you or the previous owner frequently uses smaller sized pieces of vinyl.

If that's the case then perhaps the vinyl strip below the blade is damaged in this area, which would likely then be raising the vinyl closer to the blade and be negatively influencing your blade height adjustment, so that as the blade gets further and further away from this area it then also gets further & further away from the vinyl being cut.

Old July 26th, 2019 Jul 26, 2019 8:31:49 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JynxDezyns
I've thought about this a little more and if this issue is consistent irrespective of design thats being cut, then the cause may actually be at the left side where you're getting good cuts.
I'm assuming that like my machine, this is the side where test cuts are done and blade height is adjusted. And would also be the side that most jobs are set up and the blade always cuts, especially if you or the previous owner frequently uses smaller sized pieces of vinyl.

If that's the case then perhaps the vinyl strip below the blade is damaged in this area, which would likely then be raising the vinyl closer to the blade and be negatively influencing your blade height adjustment, so that as the blade gets further and further away from this area it then also gets further & further away from the vinyl being cut.

i don't think this is the issue as the machine is actually new, however ive done more testing and it seems to cut great on left side if the design is 5inches wide and on the right side if the design is 5 inches long as well. Problem only exist when the design is 12 inches and up of continuous cutting and always on same side (side farthest away from where the cut begins) its not much of a problem since this cutter was bought mostly for small contour cutting and used as a back up for other cuts but i was just wondering if this is normal for gcc cutters, must be a software issue on me setup, seems to spas out when i send a big size job to cutter if i do it in parts seems to be great.

Old July 26th, 2019 Jul 26, 2019 9:25:38 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I really cant see it being software related or a common issue with this particular cutter, if it were the problem would be mentioned all over the internet by now.

If it's new, then in that case it's either going to be a mechanical manufacturing fault or an electronics issue (perhaps an intermittent pressure signal to the blade holder), I think more testing is required to see a more conclusive trend but either way you're only getting 10" of usable cutting area out of a possible 27" & that's not good & even worse if you've got to mess around just to get that too.

If it's new, then why not take advantage of warranty ?

Old July 26th, 2019 Jul 26, 2019 2:36:39 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Could be that the head guide channel and the cutting strip aren't exactly parallel to one another. If you have, or have access to, a test dial indicator, this is easy to check.

Alternatively, as already suggested, contact the company who sold it to you.

Old July 26th, 2019 Jul 26, 2019 3:23:31 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by webtrekker
Could be that the head guide channel and the cutting strip aren't exactly parallel to one another. If you have, or have access to, a test dial indicator, this is easy to check.

Alternatively, as already suggested, contact the company who sold it to you.
other than the cutting strip(could have put a nasty groove in it testing it when you bought it?) id say next thing to check is this, what trekker said

Old 1 Week Ago Nov 5, 2019 3:19:44 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Kelly

Did you find a solution to your problem? I think I have the same one. I can only cut 10 inches of 20 inch material.

This is a discussion about GCC Not cutting consistent left to right that was posted in the GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in