Where to buy Jaguar IV Pinch Rollers? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers > GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters
Discuss the GCC brand of vinyl cutters.

Where to buy Jaguar IV Pinch Rollers?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bugmeister

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 30th, 2018 Jun 30, 2018 1:34:01 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Clay
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Where to buy Jaguar IV Pinch Rollers?

I'm looking for a source for Jaguar IV pinch rollers, preferably in Canada but will settle for anywhere. Who carries these parts?

Alternatively, repair suggestions would be appreciated.

tl:dr - The sheet sensors are broken, not sure if that's all that's wrong with them.

It all started with an ongoing issue of the cutting tool going to hard to the right side of the cutter during media sizing. The LCM would then either reboot itself, or would sit there with the sizing prompt but not respond to button inputs.

Some reading suggested checking for loose ribbon connections. I started by removing the top cover, didn't see anything wrong there. When I reinstalled the top cover I pushed a little far down on the left back looking to line up the screw hole, but didn't use any force and didn't hear any "cracks". When I moved the print tool manually there were some obvious interference noises so I backed up, realized my mistake and positioned the top cover properly.

After that I started getting a "roller up" error and sure enough the left and centre rollers weren't pinching. Pulled the rollers off and found one with what I believe was an already broken sensor sheet. Poking around in another roller I discovered how fragile the sensor sheets are :-( arg.

So I either need to figure out how to repair the sensor sheets, bypass their function or buy replacement rollers.

Argh. I didn't really want to buy a new cutter this week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2018 Jun 30, 2018 1:37:05 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Where to buy Jaguar IV Pinch Rollers?

Here's a diagram of the parts I'm referring to. The Sheet Sensor is #11.
Attached Images
File Type: png pinch roller.png (459.9 KB, 3 views)

Old July 2nd, 2018 Jul 2, 2018 11:40:17 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?

Old August 29th, 2018 Aug 29, 2018 2:58:53 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

There's one on ebay.

Old August 30th, 2018 Aug 30, 2018 9:58:30 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelaratrod
There's one on ebay.
Thanks, no longer needed. Thought I had posted a followup here for anyone else looking, but I got mine from Joseph at Synergy 17. Wound up also needing a new powerboard which I was able to get from him too. Great support.

Old August 30th, 2018 Aug 30, 2018 11:29:34 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Bob
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Just in case this helps somebody... Pinch rollers are generic parts. you can buy ones from other cutters, as long as they fit. Don't mix and match of course.

This is a discussion about Where to buy Jaguar IV Pinch Rollers? that was posted in the GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in