Tip if using Illy + PumaIII - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers > GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters
Discuss the GCC brand of vinyl cutters.

Tip if using Illy + PumaIII

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 10:43:44 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Jen
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Smile Tip if using Illy + PumaIII

I've found that when using ai, if I save my file as PDF instead of ai, I can open GreatCut, import the pdf file, click on "output" and it cuts perfect everytime. I've gotten mixed results from trying to import an ai file - most of the time it's just too large. IE: I have a 22" wide page of decals - they are almost 2MB as an ai file. They are only 484kb as a pdf.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 1:42:46 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default Re: Tip if using Illy + PumaIII

Great Cut has a plug-in for Illustrator you shouldn't have to import anything the plug-in is made for Illustrator to automatically load your design into Great Cut.

The Following User Says Thank You to dazzabling For This Useful Post:
TXgrl (June 7th, 2012)
Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 1:52:21 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I stopped using the plug-in because the settings were different on the art that I sent to greatcut via ai. If I open GC first and then import a file, it uses the settings that I set. I've actually considered re-installing GC...I think mine's gone a little wonky.

Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 2:55:29 PM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Royce (not Roy)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanked 1,044 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXgrl
I stopped using the plug-in because the settings were different on the art that I sent to greatcut via ai. If I open GC first and then import a file, it uses the settings that I set. I've actually considered re-installing GC...I think mine's gone a little wonky.
What do you mean by this?....I have 2 GCC cutters and find GREATCUT > Auto Export works fine.....What settings get changed?....

The Following User Says Thank You to royster13 For This Useful Post:
TXgrl (June 7th, 2012)
Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 3:01:54 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royster13
What do you mean by this?....I have 2 GCC cutters and find GREATCUT > Auto Export works fine.....What settings get changed?....
Thank yall for posting - you made me go double check. I have the plug-in for SignCut still installed in Illy, not Great Cut. The Signcut one is going wonky. I guess I never installed the GC plugin - I will def be doing that.

Old June 7th, 2012 Jun 7, 2012 3:16:18 PM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Glad to help :-) keep us posted on if it works.

This is a discussion about Tip if using Illy + PumaIII that was posted in the GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in