Expert24 Rolls Vinyl Out The Back - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Vinyl Cutters (Plotters) and Transfers > GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters
Discuss the GCC brand of vinyl cutters.

Expert24 Rolls Vinyl Out The Back

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 9:24:58 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Jay
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Expert24 Rolls Vinyl Out The Back

Ok so I finally got the cutter cutting but I can't figure out why, after the first time I make a cut, when I go to do another one the cutter rolls the loaded vinyl out through the back of the cutter....

I output the image for the first cut, it cuts if perfectly....

then I place a new design on great cut, click output and it just rolls the vinyl out the back instead of cutting...am I forgetting to do something or doing something wrong?

I'm using 12"x10' rolls of vinyl and I have the designs I need cut set about an inch away from the sides & bottom of the vinyl so the vinyl doesn't back out past the blade...

I also have the correct width & length dimensions entered in great cut/output so the blade doesn't go past the vinyl...everything is centered...but after the first cut I keep having this issue...

please help...thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 9:33:05 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: Expert24 Rolls Vinyl Out The Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayell
Ok so I finally got the cutter cutting but I can't figure out why, after the first time I make a cut, when I go to do another one the cutter rolls the loaded vinyl out through the back of the cutter....

I output the image for the first cut, it cuts if perfectly....

then I place a new design on great cut, click output and it just rolls the vinyl out the back instead of cutting...am I forgetting to do something or doing something wrong?

I'm using 12"x10' rolls of vinyl and I have the designs I need cut set about an inch away from the sides & bottom of the vinyl so the vinyl doesn't back out past the blade...

I also have the correct width & length dimensions entered in great cut/output so the blade doesn't go past the vinyl...everything is centered...but after the first cut I keep having this issue...

please help...thanks!
I am not sure what cutter you have but you have to have it set for a specific roll on the front "Rear Roll, or Front Roll". I am not an expert on cutters as I can only do a few things on it, but saw this late at night and thought I'd offer this in hopes it may trigger something for you. I am sure you will get better information in the am!

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 10:05:15 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: C
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Are you using your VLCD monitor to disable the auto roll? is the back of vinyl rising above the back sensor so it doesn't think anything is there?

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 11:15:20 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I figured there was a setting but couldn't figure it out...

dazzabling-what do you mean?
the vinyl is a 10-foot roll...I have the roll on the ...rollers (lol) and the vinyl is fed through the machine about 2 inches past the white cut strip...
also not using the VLCD monitor...should I be?
will that make it stop spitting the vinyl out the back??

haven't had a real chance to sit and figure this out until today....once I finally got it working I ended up getting really busy and haven't had time to spend on it learning how to run it correctly...

I'm guessing I should be using the VLCD monitor then, huh?

Old June 5th, 2012 Jun 5, 2012 11:20:08 PM -   #5 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I have the same problem and use VLCD, I've never seen an auto roll setting.

Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 12:58:45 AM -   #6 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Stephanie
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormil
I have the same problem and use VLCD, I've never seen an auto roll setting.
In your VLCD, there is an option that says Auto Unroll. Make sure to select Disable from the drop down box next to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to DivineBling For This Useful Post:
wormil (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 5:09:47 AM -   #7 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

I read 12 x 10 not the 10`.. But anyway, are you able to put both designs on at the same time instead of stopping in between? Are you making sure that you are resetting the origin if you are cutting off the one design and starting the other.

Also, check your pinch rollers make sure they are holding the vinyl not sure how big your design is just make the rollers are under the white boxes.

VLCD monitor is located on GCC website and you register your cutter with GCC Club.

The latest download is the VLCD 3. It's best to download from the website rather than the CD.

The Following User Says Thank You to dazzabling For This Useful Post:
Corel Whisperer (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 5:11:34 AM -   #8 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

How different are the two designs? Is one larger than the other? Could it be the second one is too big?

Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 6:45:31 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzabling
How different are the two designs? Is one larger than the other? Could it be the second one is too big?
aha! didn't reset the orgins.....that makes sense...as far as the designs I make sure I keep em at least a 1/4in. from all sides/ends of the vinyl...don't wanna cut that strip up or have half of a design cut and waste the vinyl...

so right after I make one cut I need to click "restore orgins"...nice...I'll use that VLCD monitor also to stop the PITA rolling out my vinyl...THANKS!

Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 7:11:39 AM -   #10 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: CW
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

dazzlebling beat me to it...I was doing a qucik read to see if anyone suggest resetting the origin after you cut the first one off. Glad you got your answer.
CW

The Following User Says Thank You to Corel Whisperer For This Useful Post:
dazzabling (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 10:36:54 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

quick question-
I'm gonna try to press a tshirt with some garment vinyl but I'm not sure which side to cut on...one side is kind of matte but the other side really glossy......is the glossy side that I'd peel off after the cut?
only have a few feet of the garment vinyl and don't wanna waste it by screwing up.

Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 10:40:24 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: CW
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Maybe this will help. Lets say the material is red. Peel up one corner. The red material should be stuck to a clear or frosted backing linner. The material side goes up in the cutter and you will cut the design in reverse. Weed/Peel away the parts you don't want stuck to the shirt. Lay the design, backsheet and material, material side down on the shirt, press, remove the backing sheet. Check the instruction to see if it is a hot or cold peel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corel Whisperer For This Useful Post:
royster13 (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 6th, 2012 Jun 6, 2012 10:57:27 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corel Whisperer
Maybe this will help. Lets say the material is red. Peel up one corner. The red material should be stuck to a clear or frosted backing linner. The material side goes up in the cutter and you will cut the design in reverse. Weed/Peel away the parts you don't want stuck to the shirt. Lay the design, backsheet and material, material side down on the shirt, press, remove the backing sheet. Check the instruction to see if it is a hot or cold peel.
yeah the back side is clear..the white is the vinyl...thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to jayell For This Useful Post:
Corel Whisperer (June 6th, 2012)
Old June 12th, 2012 Jun 12, 2012 4:53:32 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

As stated above, the cutter needs to know where it is at all times. You can't be in a hurry when cutting. The origin lets the cutter know where it is and where to start. If you cut off a part of the vinyl the machine still thinks that slice is there. You removed part of the map it was following. It gets lost. If you gang multiple images for a single cut, let the machine finish all the cuts. When in doubt cut, reset origin then cut again.

This is a discussion about Expert24 Rolls Vinyl Out The Back that was posted in the GCC Brand Vinyl Cutters section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in