Freejet 330tx vs. Epson F2100 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > FreeJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future FreeJet DTG owners.

Freejet 330tx vs. Epson F2100

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2018 Nov 29, 2018 7:53:25 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Question Freejet 330tx vs. Epson F2100

Hey everyone. New to the forums (and DTG frankly.) I've seen these printers in action and am impressed with the print qualities of all of them. I don't really think there's a wrong answer here for an entry level DTG, but I still would love to here some opinions.

A colleague of mine recently got an F2100 and so far he's really enjoyed it. He did have a freak incident where the motherboard went out and he had to have a tech out to fix it. To Epson's credit, they were there the next day onsite and got him up and running as fast as they could. (The tech had said he'd never seen a motherboard go out before so it was definitely a freak type thing.)

Watching him and his experience with his machine has given me pause on a DTG that doesn't offer onsite support. I wonder what would have happened with Omniprint if this had happened?

That said, I'm still interested in getting some user's feedback about these two machines as they are the front runners in my mind for my current application (ecom, some local one-offs.) Perhaps for the sake of ease I'll break it down into categories:

1) Print quality
2) Print speed (8x10 color graphic on white shirt, same on black shirt.)
3) Maintenance
4) Training experience/customer service
5) Support (if you've needed it)
6) Other (stuff I'm not asking because I don't know its important yet.)
7) Anything else?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply. Appreciate you all!

-Travis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2019 May 15, 2019 11:14:57 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Alethea

Default Re: Freejet 330tx vs. Epson F2100

Noticed your post was from Nov 2018. I'm also considering between the two machines. Have you purchased one of the machines yet? Thoughts so far?

Old May 20th, 2019 May 20, 2019 7:02:18 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

[QUOTE=lgtcproshop;4430169]Noticed your post was from Nov 2018. I'm also considering between the two machines. Have you purchased one of the machines yet? Thoughts so far?[/QUOTE]

Before we start our shop - we started selling with FreeJet at home. The problem was dealing with parts and support. Too much maintenance works to keep it running 10 hours a day without problems.

When we started our shop circa 2016 - we switched everything to brother gt3 + Epson f2000. It was an expensive lease, but that's how we scale.
Rather focusing on the minor hacks to save costs, we spent more time focusing on sales.

Old June 13th, 2019 Jun 13, 2019 2:40:23 PM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hello Anbin, I´m about to purchase the Freejet 330TX Plus. What were the issues you had with this printer? In your experience it would be better to purchase the EPSON F2100?

Any help would be much appreciated.

This is a discussion about Freejet 330tx vs. Epson F2100 that was posted in the FreeJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in