Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > FreeJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future FreeJet DTG owners.

Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback

Like Tree35Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 22nd, 2016 Jun 22, 2016 8:04:13 PM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback

So, today I talked with the OmniPrint folks and I am sending them one of my designs that I printed at the NBM show on most of the other dtg printers so they can print on a black tshirt and send back to me for comparison. Somehow I missed them at the show.

- So I found out they use Teflon coated lines to their Printhead so the ink does not stick and clog like other ones do.

- They use a bulk ink systems (cost less and no waste).

- They use a wet capping station for the head (Epson head) which stores the head in the cleaning solution when not in use.

- They have no problem with clogs even after 30 days of no use. They seem to have the lowest ink cost and ink usage of most all the dtg printers since there is no head washing or purging.

- One other thing, according to Omniprint the printer will work in an environment such as your garage since they do not have the same issues with White ink as other printers. Not sure I trust that since their documentation says 10 - 25 celsius or 50 - 77 degrees fahrenheit, with 50-80 precent humidity.

So I am struggling with why more folks are not buying this printer over many of the other more costly printers.

If there are any OmniPrint 330tx owners out there tells us about your experience with the printer, cost, quality, maintenance, service failures, etc.

Thank you,
Kyle Gordon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Highland-Anglers-Back-Graphics-v5_TransWMark_300DPI.jpg (1,016.8 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by pronetmedia; June 23rd, 2016 at 05:22 AM..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 22nd, 2016 Jun 22, 2016 8:20:33 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Mary

Default Re: Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback

I went to the show in Nashville, and checked out all of the different DTG printers. Been wanting one for a long time but waiting til the bugs were worked out. Talked to the guys in the Omni booth, and I liked what I saw. They gave me an incredible deal, so I jumped. Took a couple weeks to get it, had my training last Thurs via skype. Lasted the whole day and super helpful. I wish I had more time to play with it, but I still have a business to run. I'm struggling a bit to get the perfect print. There is a learning curve with it, especially how to do the perfect coat of pre-treat but I'm working on it. When I send an e-mail or call they are on top of it. I'll try some new things in the morning. I'm pretty excited about it!
Would love to hear more from Freejet 330tx users. I have a lot to learn.
Thanks, Mary
ewama likes this.

Old July 28th, 2016 Jul 28, 2016 6:37:51 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paul

I owned an Anajet Sprint for about 2 years, as a matter of fact I still own it if u would like to buy it! CHEAP!!!!! After 3 heads and thousands of dollars it became an anchor. I was considering getting back in the DTG game about 1 1/2 years ago, and I was close to buying an Epson, I'm glad I didn't. Between the problems with the print heads and the crazy amount of ink that's wasted on purges I ended up buying the freejet and I'm glad I did. i can leave it for a week and do 2 head cleans and it's perfect. They have great customer service and stand by their products. It amazes me they are not the hottest DTG printer in the industry, but I think it's because of it's marketing or lack of. If u have any questions PM me and we can talk.

Paul

Old July 28th, 2016 Jul 28, 2016 7:02:01 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Eric Deem
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hold on...Let me make something clear. Ominprint doesn't add a teflon coating to their heads. They use an Epson head, as many many other mfgs, that has a teflon coating on it from Epson. The 3880, 4880, 1800, R3000, P600, P800 and more ALL utilize a teflon coated head which is why they are the most popular print engines used for modifying into a DTG printer.

Please note this is not to be a disparaging post against Omni Print. They are great people and I have nothing negative to say about Paul or anyone else associated with them. I just want to be sure people aren't confused. Several years ago there was a mfg who claimed to do their own teflon coating or that the heads were somehow unique for them...needless to say that was a line of BS.

Old September 1st, 2016 Sep 1, 2016 6:15:46 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: Kenny

I have had the FreeJet 330tx since February. I have a finished basement in my shop so its always about 60 degrees and 60 to 70 % humidity. I can say this: I've gone 8 to 12 weeks between uses and not had the ink clog. It just sits with the head in the wet cap station - also - I hesitate sending an email or calling the Omni staff if I'm busy and don't have time to talk - as they usually are on the phone with me in 3 minutes - very helpful and almost get pissed if they find out I struggled with an issue without calling them right away. Also - the ink is much cheaper as its not in a cartridge. The prints are breathtaking - especially on black shirts (must use good quality like Cotton Heritage though. The main learning curve is the pretreating - get a viper pre-treat machine - thats a solve of 85% of the problems - the only other issue is setting of pretreat volumns on different styles and colors of shirts - still figuring that out - but as far as the printer??? It stays covered when not in use and as I don't want any of my competitors figuring out what i've got - seriously - the prints are the best i've seen - ease of use is key its easy as using your desktop. Other printers you can't even go on vacation without having someone boot it up and run a print - not mine - if i'm busy with reg printing it sits idle - no worries.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny D For This Useful Post:
wolfpupthreads (April 4th, 2017)
Old September 10th, 2016 Sep 10, 2016 3:04:13 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: paul
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That is a difficult design for ANY dtg printer. Bright solids demand a perfect white UB, plus your CMYK must be perfect also,because banding will be quite noticeable in this design.
Good choise. Most bring I bet, photographic images .
Anyway what I got from the original post is that the INK lines are Teflon coated.

Sent from my Tab2A7-10F using T-Shirt Forums

Old October 25th, 2016 Oct 25, 2016 6:04:17 PM -   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I have been reading these forums for a long time, but haven't posted much. Got a couple PM's about the Freejet 330TX so I thought it would be easier to addres it here. I bought it in Feb from OmniPrint in Costa Mesa, Ca. Really didn't do a whole lot of printing at first. Business & life was busy. Being a newbie to DTG I was pretty frustrated with the results at first. Had a lot to learn about pre-treating and making my prints look great. Turned out most of my problems were operator error. The guys at Omniprint were super helpful, and quick to get back to me. Once I got it all dialed in, I am quite impressed with this machine. I am not able to make comparisons because this is my first dtg, but I saw them all working at the show and did a lot of research. With the cost of ink by buying in bulk instead of cartridges, printer not self cleaning all of the timeand wasting ink, and being able to walk away for an extended period of time were all big selling points for me. I have gone 2 weeks or more without using it, power is completely turned off, done a head clean and the 2 regular cleans and I was good to go. This process uses very little ink. Jose at Omni gave me a contact number for an incredible woman in Connecticut named Terri. She has owned a couple different DTG printers, and said the 330 is by far the best. She averages about 500 prints a week. I am so fortunate... she has become my go to gal when I have questions. To answer the big question... yes I would recommend this printer.
Mary

The Following User Says Thank You to Mary Mac For This Useful Post:
wolfpupthreads (April 4th, 2017)
Old April 4th, 2017 Apr 4, 2017 4:19:23 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Brian

Awesome thread. Very reassuring.

My wife and I just purchased the 330TX, Hotronix auto clamp and Pearl PTM mid line. Can't wait to start printing. I'll post a review as well in a few months as someone who's never done DTG I look forward to see how this goes.
MyTGraphix likes this.

Old April 15th, 2017 Apr 15, 2017 2:26:25 PM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpupthreads
Awesome thread. Very reassuring.

My wife and I just purchased the 330TX, Hotronix auto clamp and Pearl PTM mid line. Can't wait to start printing. I'll post a review as well in a few months as someone who's never done DTG I look forward to see how this goes.
I just purchased / received our 330TX and am happy with the service and abilities of the machine. Having said that, I have a learning curve in terms of pre-treatment. I noticed you also purchased the Pearl PTM...which I did as well. I am still experimenting but was curious if you have developed a "cheat sheet" of sorts regarding density levels of the sprayer for dark poly, light poly, and cottons? If you don't mind sharing it would be really helpful! Thanks and good luck to all

Old April 20th, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 11:34:06 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I will let you know as soon as it arrives I should have all my equipment here Tuesday with the training later in the week. I will definitely ask them.

Old April 20th, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 1:12:18 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: BrendaPhoto

Teflon coated lines to their Printhead ... is what I read.
ewama likes this.

Old April 20th, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 6:29:34 PM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

By the way, I sent my design to OmniPrint, never heard from them or ever received the sample. I am guessing if they want follow through on the sales effort, I wonder how fast or bad service is. They are off my list of DTG.

Kyle

Old April 20th, 2017 Apr 20, 2017 10:28:29 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

I use the Wagner sprayer to pre treat and it does well for me. My printer guru Terri bought a pre treater machine , a viper I'm pretty sure... and says she much prefers her sprayer. She does 500 -1000 prints a month! Way more than myself. I have no previous experience for comparison...but the sprayer works great once I figured it all out. There is a learning curve, but once it's dialed in you're good to go! Got super frustrated at first, called Paul at Omni and he got me back in the game with confidence.
Good luck and have fun with it!
Mary

Old April 21st, 2017 Apr 21, 2017 6:53:42 AM -   #14 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronetmedia
By the way, I sent my design to OmniPrint, never heard from them or ever received the sample. I am guessing if they want follow through on the sales effort, I wonder how fast or bad service is. They are off my list of DTG.

Kyle
Every time I've contacted them the answered right away or called back within 30 minutes. Give Ken Wandel a call he will help you out.

Old September 14th, 2017 Sep 14, 2017 6:27:34 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Kristal

We are interested in purchasing a Freejet 330tx plus. But before purchasing I would like to know more information from people using the machine and not from someone who works at Omni. Any information would be greatly appreciated currently we have an Anajet mpi10 and we are fed up. Had the machine for about 3 plus years. Before spending another larger sum we want to know if anyone has had any issues with Freejet 330tx Plus.

Thanks in advance!

This is a discussion about Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback that was posted in the FreeJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in