Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback - Page 4 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > FreeJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future FreeJet DTG owners.

Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback

Like Tree35Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 26th, 2019 Dec 26, 2019 8:03:09 PM -   #46 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paul
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublial
Paul, Unfortunately you are mis-informed about this process.
This WSP process has been under a US patent issued on May of 2014 for the application of transferring with White toner and sublimation dyes onto DARK and LIGHT COTTON fabric.
I will attempt to put up a couple of images that were applied to 100% cotton shirts using this White toner printer and a Sublimation Ink Jet printer with a Neenah Image Clip for Dark paper. Maybe this will demonstrate how superior this process is over the expensive DTG process.
AL
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I had no idea of the capabilities of modern WSP . How is the feel? And what are your sizing capabilities for your artwork? Is it only 8 1/2 x 11? 8 1/2 x 17?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2019 Dec 27, 2019 7:47:19 AM -   #47 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: AL
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The feel is like rubbing your hand over a cotton pillow case. It is that smooth.
The size unfortunately is 8 1/2 x 11 & 8 1/2 x 14" at this cost.
You can go to 11 x 17" by purchasing a large color Oki printer with our white toner for $1,500.00. more to do a larger size.
The resolution is so dramatic that size isn,t as important as low resolution screen printing is.
Below is a letter size onto a Pillow Case to show smoothness and resolution.
AL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2178.jpg (50.2 KB, 20 views)

Old December 27th, 2019 Dec 27, 2019 8:38:08 AM -   #48 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Paul

Thanks for the info. but u need to step up your pillow game LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pillow.jpg (2.65 MB, 17 views)
BJSPUTER likes this.

Old January 2nd, 2020 Jan 2, 2020 9:33:40 AM -   #49 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Nice dog pictures. You need to put them on color pillow cases.
AL

Old January 4th, 2020 Jan 4, 2020 7:15:45 PM -   #50 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboThreads
This is our 5th DTG. The others were from DTG brand from Mesa Distributors.

Out first two were smaller machines where the head moved over a stationary shirt (HM1 Kiosk). The first was a lemon. The replacement was a workhorse. It lasted about 5 years of heavy use. Not quick, but reliable (after the lemon).

We decided to get a second machine and purchase a refurbished DTG Viper. On this machine the shirts (on a pallet) moved underneath a stationary head. This allowed for a very large print area that could accommodate 4 smaller or two larger prints at once. It had a white ink system that circulated white ink to avoid clogging. Really didn't make a big difference. We called it Diablo...it was unpredictable and prone to issues. It died after about 4 and a half years.

When the Kiosk died, we replace it with a new DTG Summit. While it printed in the same fashion as the Viper, it was more reliable. It's demise came when the carriage started slipping on the belt. Attempts to repair it damaged the carriage. Attempts to repair that led to general failure. Estimates of $3K to $4K to have it repaired led us to retire the 6 year old machine.

Now we have the FreeJet 330TX. We have had it since the end of June and have been seriously putting it through it's paces. We have printed in excess of 500 full color on dark prints (with white underlay) and well over 1000 dark prints on lights so far.

This one prints like our original Kiosi, with a stationary shirt and moving print head. Much more accurate prints!

The best part of the machine is the RIP software. It has MANY options and allows you to really fine tune the print for a particular fabric or color.

The wet capping station works as promised. It keeps the head moist while not in use, leading to VERY consistent prints. Whites are very white. Colors are vibrant. Maybe too vibrant...

Depending on the fabric, the standard setting of the RIP software tends to put down too much ink. Fortunately the RIP software allows to you incrementally dial ink levels back. We had issues with ink bleeding, especially in lighter weight 100% cotton and blends, but the great software allows you to fix it.

There is a bit of a drawn out shut down procedure that you have to do at the end of the day, it takes about 5 minutes, but there are times that I have to dash at the end of the day and stopping to do it is a pain, but the resulting prints are worth it.

Learning which buttons on the printer do what is not intuitive. They should re-label the buttons to better reflect their actual function. Strange error lights flashing over things that aren't errors is disconcerting. The printer's owners manual is 66 pages long, but the manual for the RIP software is a hefty 315 pages. If I were starting from scratch there would definitely be a learning curve. Omniprint's training was thorough for general operation, but glossed over some of the cooler things this printer can do.

Overall we are very happy so far. Full color prints on black are about 40% faster than on the Viper or Summit. Regular prints are about 20% faster. Quality is great. I would recommend it.
Is it possible you can tell me what your settings are in the rip. I just got mine in October but haven't learn the twitting part in software as it is what omni set them at.

Old January 5th, 2020 Jan 5, 2020 7:50:02 AM -   #51 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

That is a cool thread by Turbo Threads. Printing 1,500 shirts with $1.00 going towards cost of equipment makes your investment paid for at 1,500 x $1.00 = $15,000.
AL

Old May 27th, 2020 May 27, 2020 8:16:42 AM -   #52 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Dose any one know any other Dark pretritment solution for FreeJet 330tx?
They charge too much for shipping pretritment.
1Gal 55$+ Shipping 34$=$89 I think is too expensive!!!!

https://app.growthhero.io/#/c/omniprint/

This is a discussion about Freejet 330tx DTG Printer feedback that was posted in the FreeJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in