FreeJet vs TexJet - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > FreeJet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future FreeJet DTG owners.

FreeJet vs TexJet

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old August 2nd, 2014 Aug 2, 2014 10:15:29 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default FreeJet vs TexJet

Hello,

I'm very much interested in a comparison between FreeJet and TexJet. I know that both have Epson print heads (DX5 for TexJet and 4800 for FreeJet?) and they both use Dupont ink. I'm aware about the problems this combination brings (clogging) and I know TexJet requires pretty extensive maintenance. As for FreeJet, it seems the users are somewhat satisfied, from what I read here. Could it be that FreeJet is superior to TexJet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 12:21:38 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: FreeJet vs TexJet

Do not fear the white ink. EOD maintenance will keep your DX5 clog free for a long time. If you are busy enough, constant ink flow will also keep you out of the woods clog wise...

And get yourself some Firebird Ink instead of DuPont. DuPont is fine with Image Armor PT, but the Firebird will have your prints looking good wash after wash. No cracks, works great with Epson head

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 3:58:51 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Boguslaw
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I would choose texjet because it's uses more advanced (3880) print engine.

Old August 3rd, 2014 Aug 3, 2014 4:25:41 AM -   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

and what kind of print engine does FreeJet use?

I've seen TexJet being a nightmare for some users, but also a money maker for the users who did the maintenance by the book.

But tech support for TexJet in my country is really so unprofessional, so that is a big minus for TexJet, as I know I will need their help quite often.

Smalzstein, what DTG brand are you using and what would you recommend as being available in Europe? The new Spectra 3000 fits perfectly my budget and requirements, but I don't know if they ship to Europe...Also, Brother isn't available in my country, I'd have to buy it from our neighbors

Old August 6th, 2014 Aug 6, 2014 3:44:03 PM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepses
and what kind of print engine does FreeJet use?

I've seen TexJet being a nightmare for some users, but also a money maker for the users who did the maintenance by the book.

But tech support for TexJet in my country is really so unprofessional, so that is a big minus for TexJet, as I know I will need their help quite often.

Smalzstein, what DTG brand are you using and what would you recommend as being available in Europe? The new Spectra 3000 fits perfectly my budget and requirements, but I don't know if they ship to Europe...Also, Brother isn't available in my country, I'd have to buy it from our neighbors
FreeJet is highly, highly reliable for us... Wetcap system keeps head clog free every time. Uses the newest R2880 (still in production) Epson engine. Located in So Cal USA. Good techs, but you wont need them - the machine runs fine with daily maintenance.

TexJet has pressurized carts, but I don't see how a pressurized system wont tax the fragile DX5 print head. Dampers work fine. Bulk ink is the way to go, especially if you are getting orders.. FreeJet all the way, I want to buy another one soon.

Old August 7th, 2014 Aug 7, 2014 3:58:04 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Travis

I second what T said. We haven't had any issues with our FreeJet so far and we've certainly put it through its paces. Even issues like print head strikes caused by my own negligence have been easy to resolve and haven't had any issues with clogging. Maintenance is a breeze which is great after a long *** day of printing. I would never waste my time with ink cartridges after having the flexibility of the bulk ink system. I can always see my ink levels and buy different size bottles as I need to. To be honest, I'm not familiar with the Texjet but I'd definitely buy another FreeJet.

Old August 8th, 2014 Aug 8, 2014 10:13:32 AM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le fever
... but I'd definitely buy another FreeJet.
Flat Out...
I'd buy 2 if I could.

I would love to see what Han Yang Corp would do with some Spectra print heads

Old August 21st, 2014 Aug 21, 2014 8:23:57 AM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Where are you located Sheeses

Old August 22nd, 2014 Aug 22, 2014 12:50:53 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Europe Not many options here...

Old August 22nd, 2014 Aug 22, 2014 7:20:24 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Paul

Is the machine you are looking for a solvent printer or DTG? In the states we mostly sell the DTG version. As far as the printer in general though it really shines. I worked with another printer company for many many years and came to work with these printers purely out of how impressed I was. The print quality is flawless with no messing around and making adjustments. And the wet capping is vital, it is bar none the best way to really protect your printhead, and if you head is clogged you are done. Plus it saves time when you start printing not having to reclaim nozzles. I am not sure what i can offer you from the states but if your having a hard time i can see what i can do from here to help you, PM me anytime.

This is a discussion about FreeJet vs TexJet that was posted in the FreeJet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in