Looking for Stiff, Grippy Cotton Shirt - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

Looking for Stiff, Grippy Cotton Shirt

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2016 Apr 22, 2016 8:03:34 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Jordan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for Stiff, Grippy Cotton Shirt

I have an unusual requirement for the material i'm looking for in a shirt. We make shirts for lifters and I have a shirt that I'm having trouble finding that feels great under a bar. It's a cheap white shirt that's just really grippy during the squat and it feels like the bar is stuck to my back.

In my research I've found people talk about big cotton fibers, messy fiber patterns, heavyweight cotton shirts, etc. but no specific shirt that's known to be stiff. I understand it's likely because it's usually undesireable.

Does anybody know of a stiff shirt that has reasonably good fit?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2016 Apr 23, 2016 12:10:31 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Khan
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Default Re: Looking for Stiff, Grippy Cotton Shirt

Can Help identify the fabric type after listening to its details,it seems you require 100% cotton tee made up in Rib-Knit instead of regular jersey pattern.

http://www.carpediemmore.com

Old April 23rd, 2016 Apr 23, 2016 12:38:44 PM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Interesting, I see it's the stuff that beaters are made of. Does it need to be thick? I can kind of imagine squatting in a beater and I can imagine it being tacky but not quite stiff.

Although if I can find a shirt that has that 'tack' and not totally uncomfortable, I think that would be the best choice.

Old April 25th, 2016 Apr 25, 2016 1:43:08 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If you could post the brand that you like, that you spoke of in your post, might be able to assist in finding one similar or the manufacturer of that brand. We have done alot of work with athletes, UFC fighters, fitness competition- including assisting with finding manufacturers for custom apparel for the above.

Old April 25th, 2016 Apr 25, 2016 1:50:18 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Unfortunately I have no idea which shirt it was and I can't seem to find it now (I recently moved). It was a shirt from a local event though, so it wouldn't be of much help.

I think I just need more detail than somebody usually asks of cheap cotton shirts. I looked up rib-knit as suggested above and it doesn't look like what I had before. Is there a specific name for more stiff, less soft cotton shirts? Other than cheap?

This is a discussion about Looking for Stiff, Grippy Cotton Shirt that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in