Is it worth buying factory seconds? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

Is it worth buying factory seconds?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old January 9th, 2015 Jan 9, 2015 1:02:34 PM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

jeremiah1223's Avatar
You can call me: Jeremiah
Member Since: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Is it worth buying factory seconds?

I deal in antiques and like to print shirts for different events (more for fun than to make a lot of $$$). I generally sell the shirts (printed 1 side, 1 color) for $6 or 2/$10. I've got a couple hundred shirts that I'm planning to print later this month, but am debating which route to go.
I have an acquaintance who gets comfort color factory seconds for about 1/3 of the wholesale price, you just have to take what's available (all sizes, all colors). About a year ago I purchased 1000 of them and printed shirts for an event (cost about $1/shirt to print). of the 1000, approx. 95% were near perfect with small little pinholes or the like, which I think sort of goes with the rustic nature of the shirts and the customer base I was selling to. the other 5% had holes too big to sell.
everyone loved the shirts, but it was a lot of work to have printed, move them around and of course, you've got the people that look through 50 shirts for the best one.
For this upcoming event, I can either go this route again or simply have white shirts printed through a co. that I have used on ebay and be all in, all done for $2 per shirt delivered to my door. This will be cheaper, easier and likely more profitable, but I can't help but consider how much better quality the comfort color shirt is (albeit a second) compared to the gildan or fruit of the loom i'm going to end up with going the other way. what should I do?

This is a discussion about Is it worth buying factory seconds? that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's It All Worth? Robert Butler Screen Printing Equipment 6 October 28th, 2014 11:13 AM
Factory Halogen to Metal Hallie Conversion..Thoughts? Imagine It Vinyl Screen Printing Equipment 5 September 28th, 2014 04:28 PM
ISS Ft. Worth September 2014 - anyone going? leapoffaith Offline Retail and Tradeshows 3 September 16th, 2014 06:12 PM
GSG Offers Demos, Giveaways During Fort Worth ISS Deborah Sexton T-Shirt Industry News 0 August 11th, 2014 11:27 AM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 All rights reserved.