No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers? - Page 7 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Like Tree18Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2011 Jun 9, 2011 1:29:44 PM -   #91 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Jones Wholesale T-shirts | Your blank T-shirt supplier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmadsen08 For This Useful Post:
EHAM (June 9th, 2011), trytobecool (June 23rd, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 12th, 2011 Jun 12, 2011 10:33:26 PM -   #92 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Big Government wants you money for sure... Screw em if you can. Just don't get caught.

Old June 13th, 2011 Jun 13, 2011 6:28:41 AM -   #93 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Joe
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager500
Big Government wants you money for sure... Screw em if you can. Just don't get caught.
This thread isn't about skirting the sales tax laws. It's about buying shirts in bulk without a wholesale license. Sales tax is still collected through the site, or is the responsibility of the buyer for out of state sales. Just like any other online purchase.

Old February 6th, 2012 Feb 6, 2012 9:19:36 PM -   #94 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

thanks for all the sites in here... hopefully i can start my business soon

Old April 20th, 2012 Apr 20, 2012 7:19:34 AM -   #95 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

blankstyle.com <<<<<their prices top most all of these and no need for account

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 8:55:16 AM -   #96 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Angel

Smile Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

I know this is an old thread but I read it all the way through and had to post my opinion. I am looking for "wholesale" shirts because I started an expensive hobby and I need to save money wherever I can, I am practicing right now and not selling a thing, but eventually after I am good enough I plan on starting my own Business, but for practicing I am making shirts for fellow Angel Parents because my son died 4 years ago and I know how much something like that means to a bereaved parent. I am doing this out of my pocket giving myself the experience I need while doing something good at the same time. According to some of the people on here I should not be buying these at "wholesale" prices. I am a mom who works as a server at waffle house and I want to eventually do something better in my life to support my children and I can't afford to buy the stuff at Walmart prices. Not everyone can afford to jump onto a business feet first. I'm making products and I'm seeing what people like but I'm not selling. When I do start selling I will get all the necessary permits and get access to the real wholesale sites but until then I'm thankful for the ability to Purchase from the marked up but cheaper than retail sites that allow me to buy without a resale permit and call themselves "wholesale". Have a good day.

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 10:19:27 AM -   #97 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: grey
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

No offense, it's honorable what you are doing, but just how is a 'major wholesaler' supposed to differentiate between you and someone who just wants to buy a few shirts cheap? How do they know you are giving away all your shirts? Even IF you could buy from a major wholesaler at the lowest possible price, you probably couldn't meet their minimums and would pay through the nose on shipping.

As you mentioned, there are a 'semi-wholesalers' that do sell smaller quantities at better prices (check along left side of forum) without sales tax id. Also, check sales at A C Moore or Michaels ... they also sell blanks for a reasonable price. Best of luck in your future endeavor.

The Following User Says Thank You to greyhorsewoman For This Useful Post:
luckwisher (February 21st, 2013)
Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 11:09:38 AM -   #98 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckwisher
but for practicing I am making shirts for fellow Angel Parents because my son died 4 years ago and I know how much something like that means to a bereaved parent. I am doing this out of my pocket giving myself the experience I need while doing something good at the same time. According to some of the people on here I should not be buying these at "wholesale" prices.
Angel, it sounds like you may already be paying sales tax on your purchases? If no, you are still allowed to purchase wholesale for self promotion or R&D activities. You would just need to pay the sales tax, if applicable in your state, on those items you buy that are not used in resale. If you pay state income tax, there should be a line item on the tax return for this. Otherwise, ask your state how you remit the tax.

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 11:18:45 AM -   #99 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

The sites I have signed up for do charge tax because I am not tax exempt so yes I am paying tax on the items I'm purchasing.

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 11:28:15 AM -   #100 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman
No offense, it's honorable what you are doing, but just how is a 'major wholesaler' supposed to differentiate between you and someone who just wants to buy a few shirts cheap? How do they know you are giving away all your shirts? Even IF you could buy from a major wholesaler at the lowest possible price, you probably couldn't meet their minimums and would pay through the nose on shipping.

As you mentioned, there are a 'semi-wholesalers' that do sell smaller quantities at better prices (check along left side of forum) without sales tax id. Also, check sales at A C Moore or Michaels ... they also sell blanks for a reasonable price. Best of luck in your future endeavor.
I wasn't looking for a major wholesale company even if I could get things from them I could never afford the minimums but I can't afford retail either so I was looking for a medium. Just reading some of the post it seems people were getting upset because people are trying to get things at "wholesale" but unless you have a resale license and tax id your not really finding wholesale prices so I don't see the big deal.

Old February 21st, 2013 Feb 21, 2013 4:28:38 PM -   #101 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckwisher
I wasn't looking for a major wholesale company even if I could get things from them I could never afford the minimums but I can't afford retail either so I was looking for a medium. Just reading some of the post it seems people were getting upset because people are trying to get things at "wholesale" but unless you have a resale license and tax id your not really finding wholesale prices so I don't see the big deal.
Who cares what people think or how upset they get. If they think someone buying without a resale license and paying sales tax is 'buying wholesale', they're clueless anyway.

Old February 22nd, 2013 Feb 22, 2013 1:23:24 PM -   #102 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Yeah don't worry about what others think, just shop around for the best price you can get.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Shirt Forums

Old April 18th, 2013 Apr 18, 2013 5:43:09 PM -   #103 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

Pacific Sports | Retail Quality Wholesale Blank T-Shirts

This one actually requires you to have a retail license to start looking at their prices. Sadly.

Old November 9th, 2013 Nov 9, 2013 8:45:46 PM -   #104 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

I have a tax id ( EIN - Sole Prop ).

I have no clue what the reseller license is. Is the EIN sufficient to buy from these wholesale vendors?

Old November 10th, 2013 Nov 10, 2013 10:18:40 AM -   #105 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto3
Is the EIN sufficient to buy from these wholesale vendors?
No. What state are you in?

The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
Lpnodaysoff (May 15th, 2014)

This is a discussion about No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers? that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in