No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers? - Page 6 - T-Shirt Forums
 

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?





Site Navigation







+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products


Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.



No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Like Tree18Likes

 
Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 9:31:51 AM -   #76 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar
 
You can call me: Joe
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 13,981
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 283
Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,279 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DEM TIGERS
If the person buying the shirts is reselling them (with or without adding embellishment) and does not have a way to collect sales tax and remit to the state government, then they are breaking the law.
Now you're making assumptions. Not every who needs to purchase from No License Needed shops are doing so to resell. There are other legit reasons to use them. Heck, I use them sometimes because, with shipping specials and depending on quantity, they are cheaper than me using a TSC or Broders. And that's taking into account the sales tax I have to pay since they don't do wholesale accounts.
__________________
Joe
Moderator
www.splathead.com
 
The Following User Says Thank You to splathead For This Useful Post:
DivineBling (April 6th, 2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 9:37:30 AM -   #77 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LUV DEM TIGERS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Craig
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, South Carolina
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
Now you're making assumptions. Not every who needs to purchase from No License Needed shops are doing so to resell. There are other legit reasons to use them. Heck, I use them sometimes because, with shipping specials and depending on quantity, they are cheaper than me using a TSC or Broders. And that's taking into account the sales tax I have to pay since they don't do wholesale accounts.

The first poster said that he didn't want to go through the hassle of filing for a license. I am pretty safe to say that he will not pay sales tax on his goods that he sells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm75
I'm one of the few who do NOT have a business license or tax ID yet because of funding and time restraints. My business is fledgling at best and I'm really just getting my feet wet.

So, to help those who are like me, looking to get started without all the paperwork hassles, I thought it might be helpful to have a list of suppliers that DO NOT require a sales tax ID or business license to be their customer.
Do you think he is collecting and remitting sales tax? I would bet my life savings that he isn't.
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 9:56:49 AM -   #78 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar
 
You can call me: Joe
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 13,981
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 283
Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,279 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DEM TIGERS
Do you think he is collecting and remitting sales tax? I would bet my life savings that he isn't.
That post is 3 years old. I wouldn't bet on anything that out of date.
__________________
Joe
Moderator
www.splathead.com
 
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 10:08:07 AM -   #79 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LUV DEM TIGERS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Craig
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, South Carolina
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
That post is 3 years old. I wouldn't bet on anything that out of date.

I knew it was 3 years old, but that mindset is still a problem whether it be him or someone else. If you collect and remit sales tax I can't believe that you don't have a problem with that mindset.
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 10:19:47 AM -   #80 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

splathead's Avatar
 
You can call me: Joe
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 13,981
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 283
Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,279 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DEM TIGERS
I knew it was 3 years old, but that mindset is still a problem whether it be him or someone else. If you collect and remit sales tax I can't believe that you don't have a problem with that mindset.
You're missing the forest for the trees.

This thread is about avenues for all of us to obtain a specific brand, or item, without having to go through opening up yet another wholesale account. Or using these companies selectively when it's to our financial benefit to do so. It's not about skirting sales tax laws, despite the intentions of the OP. If you read the entire thread, you'll see most of the posts are about the benefit of having a license.

To say that you wouldn't use them because they sell stuff retail, even though they collect tax along the way, is a little dramatic.
__________________
Joe
Moderator
www.splathead.com
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 10:28:21 AM -   #81 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LUV DEM TIGERS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Craig
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, South Carolina
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by splathead
You're missing the forest for the trees.

This thread is about avenues for all of us to obtain a specific brand, or item, without having to go through opening up yet another wholesale account.

He said that he didn't have a tax ID or resale license. I am going by what he said. If he had said "I have a tax ID and resale license but I don't want to worry about setting up an account with a vendor" that would be different. He didn't want to have to deal with "being a business" yet he wanted the benefit of "being a business" by getting "wholesale prices". I honestly can't see what you don't have a problem with that, if indeed you have a legitimate business and you collect and remit sales tax to your state like you are LEGALLY responsible to do.
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 10:37:30 AM -   #82 (permalink)
Senior Member
T-Shirt Mogul

tcrowder's Avatar
 
You can call me: Terry
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Fishers,In.
Posts: 1,168
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 24
Thanked 155 Times in 126 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DEM TIGERS
He said that he didn't have a tax ID or resale license. I am going by what he said. If he had said "I have a tax ID and resale license but I don't want to worry about setting up an account with a vendor" that would be different. He didn't want to have to deal with "being a business" yet he wanted the benefit of "being a business" by getting "wholesale prices". I honestly can't see what you don't have a problem with that, if indeed you have a legitimate business and you collect and remit sales tax to your state like you are LEGALLY responsible to do.
Craig,

Most people don't get it and don't care. I can't imagine trying to do business without protecting myself by having all my permits and certs in order. Too many people look at it like they deserve the right to buy at wholesale and sell at retail without following the rules. You may as well talk to the wall on this one, you'll have a more perceptive audience.
__________________
Terry
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 10:44:00 AM -   #83 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LUV DEM TIGERS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Craig
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, South Carolina
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrowder
Craig,

Most people don't get it and don't care. I can't imagine trying to do business without protecting myself by having all my permits and certs in order. Too many people look at it like they deserve the right to buy at wholesale and sell at retail without following the rules. You may as well talk to the wall on this one, you'll have a more perceptive audience.

The only thing I can think of is that the people who don't have a problem with it are doing the same exact thing. I have a serious problem with it because I play by the rules (LAWS).
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 11:19:52 AM -   #84 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Rodney's Avatar
 
You can call me: Rodney
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 27,700
Blog Entries: 8
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 7,216
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUV DEM TIGERS
The only thing I can think of is that the people who don't have a problem with it are doing the same exact thing. I have a serious problem with it because I play by the rules (LAWS).
Please let's keep this on the topic of helping people and not make assumptions about how they are doing business.

We all understand how important it is to file taxes and get a business license (I covered it myself in the first few replies in this thread )

There are more reasons for using wholesalers like the ones listed here than just avoiding laws.

Let's not attack others based on what they *might* be doing. Remember this is a friendly forum for sharing information
__________________
Rodney Blackwell
t-shirt forums founder. website developer. still learning :)

Last edited by Rodney; April 6th, 2011 at 11:25 AM..
 
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
AustinBoston17 (April 6th, 2011), DivineBling (April 6th, 2011), Vetta1 (October 19th, 2011)
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 11:44:13 AM -   #85 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

AustinBoston17's Avatar
 
You can call me: Ryan
Member Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 68
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney
There are more reasons for using wholesalers like the ones listed here than just avoiding laws.

Let's not attack others based on what they *might* be doing. Remember this is a friendly forum for sharing information

Very good! I myself wear 90% of what I print, and the other 10% sit in my closet, or are test shirts.

When most people shop, don't they try and find the best deal they can? Not trying to ruffle feathers here or anything.
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 5:40:46 PM -   #86 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Rodney's Avatar
 
You can call me: Rodney
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 27,700
Blog Entries: 8
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 7,216
Thanked 6,035 Times in 3,228 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
When most people shop, don't they try and find the best deal they can? Not trying to ruffle feathers here or anything.
This thread isn't really about trying to find the best deals though

The best deals would be found by signing up for a true distributor like TSCApparel.com, SanMar.com, AlphaShirt.com, SSActivewear.com, etc.

It's basically just listing sources where you don't have to signup for a wholesale account before you can buy or access pricing.

If anyone comes across other sources that criteria, feel free to list them here.

For those that do have official businesses setup (which is recommended for most since sales taxes are a requirement for most states no matter the size of your operation), there are other major distributors out there like TSCApparel.com, SanMar.com, AlphaShirt.com, SSActivewear.com, etc that will give you better pricing, a larger selection of items and will require that you setup a business account with them (usually a painless process) to get access to their private pricing lists
__________________
Rodney Blackwell
t-shirt forums founder. website developer. still learning :)
 
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rodney For This Useful Post:
AustinBoston17 (April 7th, 2011), trytobecool (June 23rd, 2011)
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 8:09:31 PM -   #87 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

AustinBoston17's Avatar
 
You can call me: Ryan
Member Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 68
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

I understand what the thread is about, I was referring to a couple people who were talking about cheating the system, stealing, etc. Say I buy a few shirts at a wholesale price, screen print them and wear them. Is that really worth calling me a thief?

Sorry for off topic.
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 8:40:35 PM -   #88 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

enigma1's Avatar
 
You can call me: Spur
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinBoston17
I understand what the thread is about, I was referring to a couple people who were talking about cheating the system, stealing, etc. Say I buy a few shirts at a wholesale price, screen print them and wear them. Is that really worth calling me a thief?

Sorry for off topic.
Cheating the system is when you buy goods and don't pay taxes on them or collect tax from an end user.

The premise behind buying wholesale and providing proper documentation is because you are acting as an agent for the state to collect taxes at the re-sale point.

As far as calling you a thief, I wouldn't, but maybe you should start shopping at Wal-Mart (where you will have to pay tax on them).
 
Old April 6th, 2011 Apr 6, 2011 8:54:10 PM -   #89 (permalink)
Moderator
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Girlzndollz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,661
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 3,267
Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,389 Posts


Default

Remember as well, peeps, not all states collect sales tax on clothing. PA is one of those states.

No sales tax due on purchase of, nor sale of, clothing.

I join Rodney in the request of please respect what others may be doing may in fact not be illegal.

Thanks.
__________________
Have a nice day...
 
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girlzndollz For This Useful Post:
AustinBoston17 (April 7th, 2011), trytobecool (June 23rd, 2011), wormil (April 7th, 2011)
Old April 7th, 2011 Apr 7, 2011 4:59:42 AM -   #90 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

LUV DEM TIGERS's Avatar
 
You can call me: Craig
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Irmo, South Carolina
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 40 Times in 38 Posts


Default Re: No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlzndollz
Remember as well, peeps, not all states collect sales tax on clothing. PA is one of those states.

No sales tax due on purchase of, nor sale of, clothing.

I join Rodney in the request of please respect what others may be doing may in fact not be illegal.

Thanks.

I know for a FACT that where the original poster lives, even though this post is three years old, it is ILLEGAL to not charge sales tax on something that is not going to be resold or the group is registered nonprofit organization. I live in his state, and probably just a few miles from him. I have a problem with that. If you are wanting to get the PERKS of a business then REGISTER as a business to eliminate the confusion.
 






This is a discussion about No Licensing Needed Wholesale T-Shirt Suppliers? that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.


Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)
.

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Wholesale Clothing Suppliers? TJLewis Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products 12 March 11th, 2016 08:35 AM
SERVICE NEEDED wholesale rhinestone work and bumper stickers needed silverbolt TF Classifieds 0 January 21st, 2008 09:42 PM
Hip Hop shirt suppliers Robin Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products 6 October 19th, 2006 08:44 PM
T-Shirt Questions (fulfillment, collegiate licensing and more) RSC General T-Shirt Selling Discussion 1 May 30th, 2006 11:00 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2014 T-ShirtForums.com. All rights reserved.