Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x fitted tees - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x fitted tees

Like Tree8Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2010 Mar 21, 2010 8:43:54 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

You can call me: denise
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x and 5x fitted tees

Hi everyone, Love this site....tremendous resources. Thank you to whoever started it! Can someone please help me find a manufacturer or a cut and sew place of plus size fitted tees. I prefer to buy from a manufacture, but if I can't find them, I may have to go cut and sew. I do not want the boxy type shirts, loose fitted, only shirts that are fitted. I want to offer sizes from a small to a 4 or 5x since this is my entire customer base! Very varied! Believe it or not, I have been looking for over 1 year. I have been ordering plus size fitted tees from a place I found on fashiongo.net, but they are not "true to size." A 3x is more like a 1x is the feedback I am getting from my customers. My clothing line has really taken off(a blessing) and I do not want to sell shirts that are not true to size. I have created my own size chart by measuring and fitting over 100 women as fit models and have had samples made from those specs. I am trying to save $ first by seeing if someone out there makes the fitted shirts in plus sizes.

I am looking for shirts that are fitted, slightly longer in length but not too tight where they are unflattering. I have read some postings on here that say, plus size and fitted do not exist but that is not true. Many of the big name plus size clothing lines carry them. I can't afford to buy the blanks from the big name places as it is too much to buy their blanks.

Can someone please help me identify a manufacturer of blanks for plus size women. AA, Bella are way too small. My customer base is varied; teens to adult women in their 50s but they are all women who still like fitted shirts. This seems to be a major problem for people to find plus size fitted shirts. The average size of a woman has gotten larger but the plus size women still want to wear shirts that are fitted and sexy in their size.
Can someone please help me. I have started a new clothing line in a niche area and plus size women are a huge customer of mine. If I can not find them already made, I may have to get the shirts made at a cut and sew place.

Thank you everyone. Sorry for the length of this post but I am desperate. Enjoy your day!
Wheel Woman

Last edited by awheelwoman; March 21st, 2010 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: mispelled word

The Following User Says Thank You to awheelwoman For This Useful Post:
jvddblue (April 9th, 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2010 Mar 24, 2010 2:21:23 PM -   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Stacey

Default Re: Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x fitted tees

I think all of us women are looking for the same thing; I'm beginning to think it's just a figment of our imagination!

What blend, if any, did you find at FashionGo? I am also looking for fitted tees for "real women" that are all sizes...would also like my lines to match from Sm to 3 or 4X. Really want a cotton/lycra or spandex blend, but at this point just might be satisfied without the blend.

Do you mind telling me where you purchase from on FashionGo? I have tried looking thru there, but that also seems impossible....

Old May 1st, 2010 May 1, 2010 8:01:42 AM -   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

This is a great question! I'm also looking for good quality women's blanks up to 4x. Any info much appreciated

Thanks!

Old May 17th, 2010 May 17, 2010 7:50:25 AM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Del

I'm looking for the same thing, a customer of mine showed me a Champion T #21737 in a 3X that she likes, but I cannot find a wholesaler who carries it. Nice V-neck, generous cut. How can it be so very difficult to find nice ladies shirts in plus sizes, when (it seems) half the population needs these sizes? Please let me know if you find something (one I found is from Canada, Jerico.ca) ... I have applied for an account there but haven't heard back yet. They seem to have ladies shirts up to size 5X.

Old May 17th, 2010 May 17, 2010 8:13:34 AM -   #5 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Randi

Have you looked at LAT? They only make ladies' and girls' apparel, and the "classic" model t-shirt goes up to 3X, and comes in 20 really pretty colors. They are not cheap, but the quality is excellent, and the style is feminine without being tight--shorter sleeves, a shaped silhouette, a lower, softer neckline. I think they are easily as good as AA (which I don't think all that highly of, given the price), and they FIT. A Large is a Large, not a Teensy. I use them for my women's sizes, and they passed the acid test: they fit ME. (I am not overweight, but I am tall and muscular and, er, "fill out a sweater", so when a shirt is too tight in the chest in order to fit my waist, it makes me very cranky, and if it's too big in the waist, it makes me look fat, which makes me REALLY cranky.)

I will look over my suppliers for 4X, but so far 3X is the highest I have seen.

Old May 17th, 2010 May 17, 2010 9:14:35 AM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks, we've gotten some LATs in smaller sizes but haven't tried their plus sizes, will check it out!

Old July 6th, 2010 Jul 6, 2010 5:16:49 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Default Re: Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x and 5x fitted tees

Have you tried Gabrielle Rhode Royce Gabrielle Rohde Royce - HOME

Old July 6th, 2010 Jul 6, 2010 5:51:29 PM -   #8 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Cute, but I can't even afford to look at their website let alone buy anything from them ... $20 for a blank tee? The price drops to $19 if you need more than 96 of them ... (I don't) ...

Thanks, though

We did find that LAT has some nice styles that go up to like a 3X that really is a 3X. We've gotten a few of those in and they are excellent quality for more like $4 a shirt ...

Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 2:57:41 AM -   #9 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks for the review of the LAT 3x Tees. I agree the Gabrielle shirts are way too pricey. Good to know about the LAT's being true in size.
Sue

Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 3:55:33 AM -   #10 (permalink)
JAF
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

You can call me: Judy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The prices that you see on the Gabrielle website are retail. If you belong to ASI you will receive better pricing.

Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 4:31:09 AM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

Naturally it will be less at wholesale price, but typically wholesale is "about half" and even $10 per shirt is too rich for my blood

Old July 7th, 2010 Jul 7, 2010 7:55:40 AM -   #12 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: slick
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 1,039 Times in 551 Posts

Try www.womanwithin.com. I don't know how "tight" their t-shirts fit, but I use them for my plus size customers and they are happy with them.

Old August 7th, 2010 Aug 7, 2010 3:02:10 PM -   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Really great info guys! I have been looking desperately as well and had just signed up for LAT before seeing the reviews on here. I will have to order the 3x they have to see if it fits my busty female customers :-).

I'm still on the hunt for some more fashionable tees (off the shoulder, etc) for plus sized ladies and will report back if I'm able to find any. If anyone here knows where I should look please respond.

Old August 7th, 2010 Aug 7, 2010 8:53:01 PM -   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Addye

i'm so glad you started this thread, denise. i'm in the same boat as the rest of you...it's definitely a challenge to find the right kind of tee for every customer. it shouldn't be this difficult for us small business owners!!

Old August 17th, 2010 Aug 17, 2010 11:42:29 AM -   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Sarah

WOW! Better late then never. I too am looking for plus size ladies tops. I have bought several from Plus Size Clothing at Woman Within® and they are great but getting them on sale is about the only way to afford them. The ones I bought are no longer available in the size I need and/or color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a discussion about Desperately seeking Women's Plus Size up to 4x fitted tees that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in