San Mar customer? - Page 5 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products

Wholesale Blank Garments Category Sponsor
Discuss the wholesale blanks industry: Factory direct, custom labels. You can also use this forum to locate a wide variety of wholesale products including t-shirts, hoodies, mousepads, coffee mugs and other imprintable products.

San Mar customer?

Like Tree2Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 9:26:25 AM -   #61 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: John
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: San Mar customer?

Their web site support is awesome. I have site I built myself and the garment page on my site links to San Mars store with a title block that matches my site linking the two seamlessly. It has a different check out cart, but for all the work they do its a small consideration. If you allow the public in to their site they have fairly rigid rules for what price they allow you to advertise most of the garments for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 9:44:37 AM -   #62 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Billy
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirlandDesign
Their web site support is awesome. I have site I built myself and the garment page on my site links to San Mars store with a title block that matches my site linking the two seamlessly. It has a different check out cart, but for all the work they do its a small consideration. If you allow the public in to their site they have fairly rigid rules for what price they allow you to advertise most of the garments for.
Can you provide a link so that we may take a look?

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:03:29 AM -   #63 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

At the risk of sounding melodramatic we try to integrate marketing with product design to offer things to date unavailable. There is a opportunity window before an idea is disseminated that we try to maximize by advertising only to our prospects. I know that this is an educational venue, and apologize in advance for being less than forthcoming. We are happy to discuss techniques, tools, aesthetics, and all other things garment decorating related in general. Unfortunately we don't discuss specific marketing strategies, which are clearly spelled out on our websites.

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:12:04 AM -   #64 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
At the risk of sounding melodramatic we try to integrate marketing with product design to offer things to date unavailable. There is a opportunity window before an idea is disseminated that we try to maximize by advertising only to our prospects. I know that this is an educational venue, and apologize in advance for being less than forthcoming. We are happy to discuss techniques, tools, aesthetics, and all other things garment decorating related in general. Unfortunately we don't discuss specific marketing strategies, which are clearly spelled out on our websites.
LOL!
No worries...
Some around here like examples of integrations so that they can apply the same type of approach or improve upon.

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:17:17 AM -   #65 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

I have gotten so much out of this site that I feel like a real jackas* for holding back at all.

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:22:55 AM -   #66 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
I have gotten so much out of this site that I feel like a real jackas* for holding back at all.
I wouldn't worry about it...

You want to hear something funny...
When I run Spell Check it suggest that I replace "ShirlandDesign" with "Philandering"

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:35:28 AM -   #67 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

Bad spell checker, bad spell checker. Maybe it meant philanthropist, LOL

Old July 16th, 2010 Jul 16, 2010 10:38:48 AM -   #68 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

Quote:
Bad spell checker, bad spell checker. Maybe it meant philanthropist, LOL
Either way it's funny!

Old July 17th, 2010 Jul 17, 2010 12:08:30 PM -   #69 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Gerry
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenh
As an embroidery shop it is how we make a living, and they are protecting their distributors.
Most embroidery shops charge double when someone who is not in the business brings in their own merchandise, as it is difficult to stay in business sewing for 2 bucks.
If you get a sales tax license and want to be a real business instead of a fly by night, San Mar will do business with you no problem, they are just trying to protect the people that keep them in business.
Like any other business, if you buy your tires at Walmart and take them to your local guy to put them on, he will tell you to go away. He makes money selling the tire not putting in on.
Well said Helen.
When i opened my acc. w/ sanmar i gave them our buisness # and web address where they could see for themselves... i had no probs and they treated me the same as they would the person who orders thousands of shirts a month.
If i remember correctly...you need to buy 500.00$ worth of garments a year...which is easy enough.

Old July 20th, 2010 Jul 20, 2010 8:16:04 PM -   #70 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

I agree that many of us started out of our homes and have done well-add me to that list.

Although I have not found SanMar to be one of these companies that would be on this list-but several suppliers require virtually nothing to buy from them.

Because of this-a couple of school employees here have signed up with a few companies in hopes of buying their products and having us print or embroider them.

We do think this is wrong.

On the other hand-these companies are in business to sell their products-it is hard to tell them not to sell things-but this makes their poducts less valuable in our opinion.

It is tough on these companies that produce these items as well-but if they sell to the public for the same price as they sell to us-we do need to send them a message by buying from someone else.

But that is just my thoughts.

Old July 21st, 2010 Jul 21, 2010 10:24:46 PM -   #71 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

There was a time when you could hike up the blanks and pad your bottom line but those days are nearly gone. In the 80's we could double the cost of blanks without batting an eye. Now it is too easy for people to buy shirts cheaply and it will only get easier. Focus on quality, customer service and making your profit from your printing, not off your blanks, just as flatwork printers have been doing for centuries.

The Following User Says Thank You to wormil For This Useful Post:
Rodney (July 22nd, 2010)
Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 12:03:44 PM -   #72 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Wizard

Wormil-I do agree-the money is not on the blanks-but when a athletic uniform supplier is selling to a school secretary wholesale at $10 and anyone buying at any volume at all can buy the exact thing for 10-20% less-that is unfortunate that they do not protect us any better than that.

We should have the oppty to make that extra profit.

I am NOT talking about SanMar-we love them-sorry I posted anything negative on a SanMar thread-they are by far our favorite supplier.

It just gets me that some people on threads like this one hate the idea that some wholesalers require you to be an actual business and provide some documentation to open an account. If they sold to the general public then it would be a little difficult to get any mark up at all on their goods.

Old July 22nd, 2010 Jul 22, 2010 11:21:49 PM -   #73 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Rick
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I don't think things have changed so much as the internet has just made middlemen more accessible to average people. When I started there was no internet, I couldn't google "t-shirt wholesaler"; instead I had to comb through phonebooks and ask other printers where they bought their blanks. The only two I found out about were Sanmar (I believe they had a one dozen per color, per size minimum back then) and T-Shirt City (only 3 per size/color minimum) so we bought from TSC.

Old July 23rd, 2010 Jul 23, 2010 6:34:21 AM -   #74 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: mike

I have a catalog from T-Shirt City 1993 and one from
T-Shirts and More 1992.
Prices then for full cases:
50-50 white $2.33
lights $2.61
darks $2.80

cotton white $2.71
lights $2.95
darks $3.13

Makes our prices today look good.
Of course they were US made then.

This is a discussion about San Mar customer? that was posted in the Find Wholesale Blank T-Shirts and Other Imprintable Products section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in