How to upload wash sample pics for DTG vs T-jet blazer - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Fast T-Jet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Fast T-Jet DTG owners.

How to upload wash sample pics for DTG vs T-jet blazer

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 8:18:08 AM -   #31 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Dave
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How to upload wash sample pics for DTG vs T-jet blazer

My washings got worst results than this group. Again my samples were sent to me as sales sample from the DIST. wanting to sell thier printers, when I was buying and trying to make a buying decision .
Thank you for making this post, it is very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 5:21:48 PM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the post and the pics. You've solidified my opinion:

I LOVE MY BROTHER.

I can usually turn people away from black shirts, once they've felt the output from the brother.
If I can't get them away from black, oh, well. I have a local whlsle screen printer.

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 6:37:43 PM -   #33 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie
If I can't get them away from black, oh, well. I have a local whlsle screen printer.
I would also consider print-cut of heat transfers or if the quantity is high enough for the # of colors you can use plastisol transfers. The key is to remember that there are more ways to decorate a dark shirt than just dtg or screen printing. Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of all of these will help you make the most money and serve your customers' needs.

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 8:11:39 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie
Thanks for the post and the pics. You've solidified my opinion:

I LOVE MY BROTHER.

I can usually turn people away from black shirts, once they've felt the output from the brother.
What kind of ink does the brother machine use? is it water based?

Do you use the white shirt pretreatment?

The T-jet is still really bright. I'm thinking maybe just the 8 colour system would produce even better results. i.e no white. What's the print size of the brother on their latest machine.
Can it do long T's and Hoodies. i.e deep bed. I posted these pics because i am seriously considering purchasing a machine so trying to find out which is best.

You got any brother wash tests?

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 8:28:03 PM -   #35 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

Both the dtg and tjet use the same ink sets. They both use dupont ink so the difference you are seeing is strictly the way they were printed. Different operators print with different settings so that is probably where you are seeing the difference with your wash tests. It would be a more accurate test if you were to have both distributors print them the exact same way with the exact same settings. Say if one is printed with a double pass and one is printed with a single pass, the results will be amazingly different. If one is printed at 720x720 and one is printed at 1440x720 again you will have a really big difference. The hardest way to see if a machine works well is getting samples thru the mail because you have no idea how they were printed or what type of pretreatment was or was not used. If a light color garment is pretreated with fast color and one is not and both are printed the same then you will see a difference because of the pretreatment.

evaluating samples that are sent to you without you seeing them printed is a really hard way to decide whether you like the printer, unfortunately the people that do the sales are usually not that great at printing You would think they would do a good job because they want to sell the machine, when in reality they print so many samples that I think they stop really worrying about whether they are doing a good job. I would suggest anyone who buys a machine to go to a printwear show and see all the different machines in action or at least go and visit each distributor you can and watch the shirt being printed, and have them done exactly the same so you know how it was done and what to expect in wash testing it.

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 8:47:02 PM -   #36 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thanks Sunnydayz all valid points. I agree you would think they would do double pass, high resolution for the samples.

A question to all: wash fastness before using the white shirt pretreatment. Any res. 1 or 2 pass. And after using the pretreatment. Is there a huge difference is wash fastness?

Also assume that the curing times are enough etc.. so only difference is white shirt pretreatment.

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 8:53:14 PM -   #37 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

I have found the fastcolor makes a really great difference it the washability of the lights. It works really great.

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 9:00:50 PM -   #38 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydayz
I have found the fastcolor makes a really great difference it the washability of the lights. It works really great.
Would i be right in assuming that US screen has fastcolour and that DTG does not have its own brand of "fastcolour"?

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 10:09:29 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

Thats correct, you can also find the fast color thru equipment zone. You can use it with any machine though, so I just buy it from equipment zone

Old June 8th, 2008 Jun 8, 2008 11:20:27 PM -   #40 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

Great posts BobbieLee!

The Following User Says Thank You to Printzilla For This Useful Post:
sunnydayz (June 8th, 2008)
Old June 9th, 2008 Jun 9, 2008 6:05:34 AM -   #41 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Mark
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanked 1,637 Times in 1,101 Posts

I just want to add upon what BobbieLee has said above. If you want to compare the results from one company to another, you should make sure that all of the following is the same:
- Use the same type / style of shirt from the same manufacturer
- Use the same graphic and don't let anyone tweak it.
- Use the same printing resolutions.
- If it is a light shirt, choose whether to use pretreatment or not...but both of them do the same process.

In order to do this, I would strongly recommend going to see the distributors or manufacturers either at their business or at a trade show and bring your own shirts that you like to use. The fabric can make all the difference in how a print holds up in the wash. If you can't go in person, then send the shirts to the distributors and ask them to print on them with specific settings.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Old June 9th, 2008 Jun 9, 2008 6:26:44 AM -   #42 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam

Another thing I'd like to know is what machine did DTG use to print these, was it a Kiosk, HM-1, Eclipse, Bullet?

Really what I see is the difference in print engine, the blazer is based on the Epson 4800 now correct?

Old June 9th, 2008 Jun 9, 2008 9:52:15 AM -   #43 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Marc

I am not sure what bearing the engine has on print quality or wash fastness?

Old June 9th, 2008 Jun 9, 2008 4:57:04 PM -   #44 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Zhen

Perhaps drop size, Duel CYMK, etc can be different between the print heads. Wouldn't be that much of a difference between the heads but still a factor I would say.

Old June 9th, 2008 Jun 9, 2008 9:44:59 PM -   #45 (permalink)
T-Shirt Mogul

You can call me: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printzilla
I am not sure what bearing the engine has on print quality or wash fastness?
Why would the engine not have an impact on the quality? As for the wash fastness, it comes down to like zhenjie said, possibly droplet size?

In theory, if both the DTG and T-Jet were based on the same print engine and using the same Ink set such as Dupont then the print quality and wash fastness should be the same. The only other variables would be the rip and the print operator.

This is a discussion about How to upload wash sample pics for DTG vs T-jet blazer that was posted in the Fast T-Jet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in