T-jet 3 Problems - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Fast T-Jet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Fast T-Jet DTG owners.

T-jet 3 Problems

Like Tree9Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old October 22nd, 2007 Oct 22, 2007 11:11:19 AM -   #1 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default T-jet 3 Problems

After several months of absolute frustration and futility I have decided to return the machine. Scott Fresener has agreed to give me a refund. I am extremely disappointed in the whole process. My main reason for purchasing the tjet 3 was to have the capabilities of printing on darks but in my opinion this machine is not capable of doing the job consistently and I never was able to resolve the registration issue, trying three different machines.

The only time I experienced success with this machine was on white shirts with a very basic design. Even then I could figure on the machine erring out for a multitude of reasons. Not at any time did I feel confident that I wasn't going to destroy a shirt.

In fairness to support as usscreen, they tried everything imaginable to get it to work for me but it was always one issue after another. You can only spend so many hours on the phone or cussing the machine out before you make the necessary changes to get back in to a profitable situation. I think I will stick with good old manual printing for now. Maybe when Brother introduces white ink I might consider dtg printing again.

The Following User Says Thank You to tillamook For This Useful Post:
scutti (August 3rd, 2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2007 Oct 27, 2007 7:32:59 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Default Re: T-jet 3 Problems

HERE HERE!!
I am in the same exact boat as to what was stated above.
The machine is just not ready for production.

I am also in the process of requesting a refund. Unfortunately they are not answering my request.

4 machines, registration issues, constant errors, and corssing my fingers everytime I hit load. No profit in 3 months.

I might add that it seems that USSPIT has not tested these machines or their ink.
I have felt like a guinea pig for us screen for three months at my expense.

enough is enough.

Old October 27th, 2007 Oct 27, 2007 9:45:41 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: jimmy

HEY;
Don't give up on DTG just yet!!! I have the koisk from SWF East and through several trail and error periods now have a great machine. My white ink is printing great, I do 4/colr designs on black t-shirts all the time. It took a couple months to really get the hang of it but at that time we were producing white shirts with color ink all the time. Sometimes their service is a bit slow to respond but all and all I LOVE MY DTG .

Old January 23rd, 2008 Jan 23, 2008 2:48:57 PM -   #4 (permalink)
T-Shirt Member

This is good information. I am looking at a DTG printer now, actually the T-Jet Jumbo 2. However, I print a lot of white on black clothing, are people doing this with good results?

Old January 23rd, 2008 Jan 23, 2008 3:00:24 PM -   #5 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

sunnydayz's Avatar  - this member was voted Most Helpful Member during our Annual August Member Appreciation Month

You can call me: BobbieLee
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,068 Posts

I am with Jimmy on this one, I also have a machine from SWF, the HM1 and absolutely love it. My machine works great and I have only had to call SFW one time, they were quick and had my problem resolved by the next day and I havent talked to there tech support since

Old January 23rd, 2008 Jan 23, 2008 3:10:42 PM -   #6 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

I have both a T-Jet2 & 3, have had minor issues but other then that printing on dark garments with white ink is a majority of my orders. The couple of times I've had to call tech support they've been more then helpful.

Old January 24th, 2008 Jan 24, 2008 1:41:40 PM -   #7 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ann
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have a T-Jet2, and have had a few minor issues. However, I believe that maybe US Screen is selling these machines with somewhat of a false intention. It's not a simple push-button operation...
Users of this machine need to be very knowledgeable about computers in general, not to mention, photoshop. I believe that users trying to print using FastArtist as their main design tool, are the majority that are having issues. It is the very most BASIC of design tools, and yes, while it IS designed to interact with the machine, it is still not advanced enough to print some of the more complicated designs.
Those that are having registration issues: Try using and image that is higher than 150 dpi. I've noticed on lower resolution projects, the underbase wizard does it's best to interpret the white, but on lower res art, it tends to stick out further than the color (even with the choke on "maximum").
For those that haven't used Photoshop to design and then imported into FastArtist: Try designing and saving your work with a transparent background and NO LAYERS or ADJUSTMENT LAYERS as a PSD. Import the file with FastArtist and the "merge" option checked. This will activate the "Underbase Wizard". Make your underbase strong, your choke, maximum, and your highlight medium. It will then show a cursor and whereever you click on your document page, your image will be imported. You'll then need to setup your printmodes. Go to File -> FastRip Setup. I, personally, have never used a print mode that is less than 720. 90% of the time, the CMYK720 HS Photo, will work for your prints. You'll then need to click the Underbase tab. Make sure that the underbase option that you choose MATCHES the Color option you've chosen, otherwise you may get registration issues. Choose how many passes you want for your underbase. If you're using The Bright White, only 1 pass should be needed. Change the underbase to 2 after your initial print, if needed, but try not to go anymore than that, or your print may get too saturated, and the colors may bleed into the white, and into eachother. After you get the FastRip setup, click the "Print to FastRip" button. It should then open FastRip and begin to spool the job.
If you had "Hold Job" checked in the fast rip setup, then it should just spool and then hold. Load a shirt, and then right click on the imported job and go to "print".
Let me know if ANY of this helps. I've been very successful so far with that process, so hopefully, those of you that are having issues, can try it before sending back your machines.
Thanks, and feel free to email me, pm me, or visit my website and send me a message if there's anything I could help you all with.
Sincerely,
Ann Cooper

Cooper's Rugged Design Co.
www.coopersdesign.com
Cooper's Rugged Design on Facebook

Last edited by Rodney; February 26th, 2008 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: removed URL as per forum rules - it's already in your signature :)

Old February 3rd, 2008 Feb 3, 2008 7:23:49 PM -   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_G
This is good information. I am looking at a DTG printer now, actually the T-Jet Jumbo 2. However, I print a lot of white on black clothing, are people doing this with good results?
I have a Jumbo 2 since last year, and give up on printing black t-shirt because the white does not stand the washing. I have a 50,000.oo$ machine that does not work and my Canadian dealer does stand by it, so my only advise, stay away from it.

Old February 26th, 2008 Feb 26, 2008 7:05:41 AM -   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Hello,

We are having a problem with our T-Jet 3. A T-Jet2 loaner and 3 T-Jet 3 machines later we are requesting for a refund with no response from US Screen. Has anyone else received a refund from them?

Old February 26th, 2008 Feb 26, 2008 9:21:14 AM -   #10 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Master

You can call me: Ann
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketofstitches
Hello,

We are having a problem with our T-Jet 3. A T-Jet2 loaner and 3 T-Jet 3 machines later we are requesting for a refund with no response from US Screen. Has anyone else received a refund from them?
Hello...
Please read my post a few above yours, and see if that helps with some of your problems.
Ann

Cooper's Rugged Design Co.
www.coopersdesign.com
Cooper's Rugged Design on Facebook

Old April 14th, 2008 Apr 14, 2008 12:09:48 PM -   #11 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

How were you able to return the machine after several months?? I have often thought of that and buying a brother machine which I have seen makes thousands of tee's & $$ for a business I know.
Shiba

Old March 16th, 2009 Mar 16, 2009 9:02:29 AM -   #12 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Glad they helped you out. I had to take out a partial lease on my machine and had it break for 3 MONTHS! 3 MONTHS!!!! And the problem was a 5 minute fix they just effed up in Tech support. So I got to go 3 months without making any income dried up all my reserves lost the business and got to have the joy of having the machine repoed after I put about 10,000 into it. When I email them and said listen this was your mistake and now I'm on the hook for 10,000 they basically said sucks to be you. Glad Scott actually did something for you. I'm seeing alot of people with the same problem maybe USSPIT should be reported to the BBB?

Last edited by StoneDogDesigns; March 16th, 2009 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: addition

Old April 1st, 2009 Apr 1, 2009 12:54:16 AM -   #13 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

I have problems with my T-jet 3 too, they have suggested I send it back to the USA all the way from Africa, what a joke, it would cost me half of what I payed for the dam thing, i haven't made a cent on this printer yet, there agent in South Africa went bang due to the poor printers they have on the market, seems I might be next.... has anyone contacted the BBB yet, as its difficult for me in Africa and they probably are aware of the fact that I am far away and "well in a 3rd world country" so much for the image of all Americans?

They replaced a lady in South Africa's machine 3 times and eventually opted to replace it with a Blazer...

Old April 1st, 2009 Apr 1, 2009 5:48:28 AM -   #14 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

is a forum sponsor who has contributed over 1000 helpful posts in the forums!

You can call me: Don
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Ziggy,

US Screen came out with an upgrade board for the T-Jet 3 that supposedely fixed the majority of the problems they were having, is this board installed in your machine?

Old April 1st, 2009 Apr 1, 2009 6:27:28 AM -   #15 (permalink)
T-Shirt Apprentice

Thanks Don, I don't think so, as I have been struggling ever since I bought it 20 months ago, they want me to send it to USA, as its seems their current agents don't want to touch the machine... and all I want to do is start printing and making an income....

This is a discussion about T-jet 3 Problems that was posted in the Fast T-Jet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in