T-jet 3 Problems - Page 3 - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Fast T-Jet
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Fast T-Jet DTG owners.

T-jet 3 Problems

Like Tree9Likes

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2009 Jul 22, 2009 12:35:33 PM -   #31 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jim
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Re: T-jet 3 Problems

I had a fuse blow due to cleaning solution that got through to the ribbon cable shorting out the fuse and frying the ribbon cable, the print head was already clogging. I guess I kinda lied about the $1000. I had replaced the print head, ribbon cables and replaced the fuse(approx $400) but during that episode I also purchased all new ink and cleaning cartridges which added to the cost but weren't necessary for the repair but were necessary to get me back up and running. Alot of the problems were partially my fault for not being familiar with the machine when it was new but alot of what I've learned about maintaining this machine was not in any of the publications provided so I won't assume all the blame. I would like to know what Ziggy's problems are and see if we can't help him on here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2009 Jul 23, 2009 6:49:16 AM -   #32 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Ill be honest. I have a tjet 3. Its not worth $1000 in my opinion. But it is what it is.
Its been sitting here dormant because of a stupid error light. I tried to call Equipment zone several times and there tech support just didnt know. And most recently they started charging for tech support. Not worth it in my eyes for something they cant fix. Not to mention I think that their prices have jumped since they think they have the market cornered now that usspit has gone under.
BUt thats what business is all about right?
Now I did find a tech in Arizona that worked me through my problem in about 5 minutes time.
Karl Steele. I told him our problem (ink and error when bed loads) and he said its the 4 crews on the back of the load screw. I loosened them up and it works. pretty simple.
Yet Equip zone couldnt figure this out after several calls. Their answer was for $100 an hour, we'll send a tech to you. (6 hours each way....plus onsite time...you do the math).
So now I suggest that if you do have one of these clunkers...call the below tech:
Karl Steele
Steeletec LLC
4141 E. Raymond St. STE G2
Phoenix, AZ 85040
(480) 760-3882
[email protected]
http://www.steeletec.com/

Also his connection with parts are alot cheaper than equipment zone.
Just my 2 cents.

The Following User Says Thank You to TSW2005 For This Useful Post:
BOABS (July 24th, 2009)
Old July 24th, 2009 Jul 24, 2009 10:25:40 AM -   #33 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Jim

I contacted Karl yesterday and he is defiantely who you want to call. Thanks
Karl!!!

Jim

Old July 24th, 2009 Jul 24, 2009 9:03:43 PM -   #34 (permalink)
T-Shirt Fan

Thumbs up Re: T-jet 3 Problems

To be honest, just the name kicks A**

With a last name like Steele, you know he's all business!!

Good work.

Old September 26th, 2009 Sep 26, 2009 10:45:46 PM -   #35 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Anthony
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If it's worth it to anyone I am starting to talk to my lawyers and the U.S. Attorney general this week so hit me up if you want to be on the class action lawsuit. I need to gather names, contact info and your problems. I am going to get everything going soon. This problem has effected my business, livelihood and future. Please contact me by visiting my website and clicking on the contact us link then submit your info so I can get back to you. Hirsch left us with NO tech support whatsoever. They knew exactly what they were getting into when they bought the company. I'm really upset and I have the time to invest in this project so if anyone wants in let me know.
-Creek

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 11:40:33 AM -   #36 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Nancy

OK, I am feeling super fed up, cant get a nice coat of white for a underbase, then when I think I got it the machine errors, so am i just doing it wrong, I want one underbase and two coats color, so wouldnt I press 3 for that many passes? I cant get help from the company I purchased this from. Tired of losing money. Can anyone help me out, with only 3 hours of total training from the company ( life time my @@@) I will take anyones advice. Email if you like [email protected] Nancy.

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 12:25:57 PM -   #37 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

You can call me: Anthony
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You probably have a clog. When you unclog everything a nice white will show up but you have to keep printing like a mad dog otherwise you'll get a clog every 3 days.

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 12:44:20 PM -   #38 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Randy
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanked 1,024 Times in 673 Posts

Have you ever got a good white??? If so then degraded it could be several things. Printhead clog, clogged or restricted tubes, you still using dampers or carts. Bulk system original or modified or new. clogged breather port in the ink bottles, waste line restricted. I actually have to back my white off a bit it puts down to much.
Which software you using???
More info where did you buy it from??

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 1:10:03 PM -   #39 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx1
Have you ever got a good white??? If so then degraded it could be several things. Printhead clog, clogged or restricted tubes, you still using dampers or carts. Bulk system original or modified or new. clogged breather port in the ink bottles, waste line restricted. I actually have to back my white off a bit it puts down to much.
Which software you using???
More info where did you buy it from??
No I never have had a good white...
The machine is a reconditioned one, suppose to have a new head in it.Its a Tjet Express. It came with Fast artist, making art in Corel14, transfer to Corel Paint then to Fastartist. I bought it at IMG, they sent a tech, he said black was clogged, he fixed it, but said to run it using high ink output till clog works through. I made arrangments to take the machine back down there,but I run a sports store and I cant get the time, they never called me back to see why I hadnt came to visit them. Dont think they are interested in helping me with this used machine. And it keeps blowing a fuse after about 40 prints on white ts of course the fuse blows,got this machine May like around the 24th 2010 and have replaced 5 times the fuse.

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 2:36:02 PM -   #40 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

There was a tjet blazer express is that it. You might want to call carl steele at steeltec
He can also be reached thru american screen supply in phoenix. I dont have the number on me. On the road sorry.

Old August 20th, 2010 Aug 20, 2010 3:10:32 PM -   #41 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Jon
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I agree with Randy you best bet is to talk to Carl, or American Screen Supply - Best Prices on Inkjet Film and DTG Products!

BTW IMG wouldn't be IMachineGroup would it?

Last edited by IYFGraphics; August 20th, 2010 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: fat fingers

Old September 8th, 2010 Sep 8, 2010 3:38:18 PM -   #42 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

does anyone know where i can get rid of a t-jet 3 that needs refurbishing. i gave up on it a year ago and am tired of looking at it.

Old September 8th, 2010 Sep 8, 2010 3:56:15 PM -   #43 (permalink)
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

What wrong with it, besides T3 anyway.
Karl Steele at American Screen Supply can refurbish.
E Bay next best bet. T3 is not for the faint of heart. Or those without a large tool collection.
I have one that works fine, but I have done some work on it,

Old September 8th, 2010 Sep 8, 2010 5:09:45 PM -   #44 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

the biggest problem with it i think is me. i am not going to spend any more time or money on it. it clogged up in the middle of a job again and i spent the night an god knows how much $ blowing ink out of it and then it wont load so i unplugged it and walked away and there it sits, anyway i want the space back and i hate looking at it. lesson learned, a very expensive lesson

Old July 30th, 2012 Jul 30, 2012 12:17:59 PM -   #45 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Apprentice

You can call me: belkis

does anyone still have the t jet 3, i can't get mine to work , and went is call for support .They tell me that they do not longer give support for this machine. can any one help, i get an error that reads "card loading error" thanks

This is a discussion about T-jet 3 Problems that was posted in the Fast T-Jet section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in