Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work? - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work?

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2020 Feb 11, 2020 11:38:35 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
Be nice, this is my first post :)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work?

hello, i'm checking out a few set ups to purchase "used". i know right? pretty scary. i did find one literally across the street from me, from a gentleman that is getting out of it.... on the bright side it means i can stop by and check it out in person first.

for the record i am not quitting my day job for this venture/hobby. it would be nice if the machinery could pay itself off sometime before it breaks down for good or becomes absolute , but i'm not putting all my chips into it either.

the description: "Epson F2100 Direct to Garment Printer, Mister T1 Pre Treat Machine and a Hotronix Fusion IQ Heat Press. There are only about 1800 prints on the F2100"
" I have Purchased the Extended Warranty - Epson just allowed it to be Transferred to a New Owner via Bill of Sale - $1950 Value"
he said he renewed it feb 9th so basically a whole new year left.

i'm been reading and watching videos as much as i can lately but one question i have is about the warranty. i read the warranty description online from epson, "up to 4 house calls per year or 3 printer heads"
i guess one of the things i am wondering is, do all the people posting in this forum with various problems simply run out of warranty? or is there more to it to getting epson to do a house call and solve some of these problems? have you guys dealt with them? are they pretty responsive? does the machine need to be "out of commission" for them to come out versus, your prints not coming out right and troubleshooting on the phone not fixing the problem?

how about the "Mister T1 Pre Treat Machine and a Hotronix Fusion IQ Heat Press". are they decent machines to work together with the f2100?

other random questions i had:
do these machines print on old shirts as well? after they are washed of course..
about how many prints can they last with decent maintenance before they start crapping out one way or another?
i see there is a new model coming out, the f3070 but retail is said to be around 50k usds? seems in another realm compared to the f2100 but does this do to the f2100 value what the f2100 did to the f2000?

thanks a lot for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2020 Feb 16, 2020 12:13:41 PM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default Re: Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work?

I have two F2000 and next week we will add an F2100.
The oldest F2000 has 56.000 prints. On this machine we have changed only one head at 10k prints (for a problem related to the encoder strip that has made crush the head) and recently the carriage. Is currently print fine.
The more recent one is near the 40.000 prints, never changed the head or something else (not counting dumper and pump that need to be changed at least one time at year), but currently has one strange problem that I'm investigating with the Epson support (a random freeze or slow down to the head during the printing).

I don't know The T1 Pre Treat or Hotronix fusion. We use the schulze pretreat maker IV, two chinese heat press and one good manual press for the pretreat phase.

To be honest I never tried to print an old shirt, but don't expect great results because on many shirts is more difficult to lay down the fiber after few washes.

the new epson model is fitting for a market segment between the brother gtx and the kornit (at least for the few info that I have now), so, probably, not really a machine to start with without experience

Old February 17th, 2020 Feb 17, 2020 5:43:20 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Ninja

You can call me: Ziggy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlexani
do these machines print on old shirts as well? after they are washed of course..
I would think that washing has no effect. However, if you dry these with a "drier sheet" (think Bounce) the garment may try to repel the ink/pretreat.

This is a discussion about Looking to buy an Epson F2100 in the very near future. How does the warranty work? that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in