Do you have to cover cmyk only prints with parchment paper - T-Shirt Forums

Hi, Unregistered. | Today's Posts

T-Shirt Forums
User Name
Password

Register Today For Free!

Forgot Your Password?

Site Navigation

+   T-Shirt Forums > T-Shirt Industry Information > Direct to Garment (DTG) Inkjet Printing > Epson SureColor DTG Printers
Discussion, tips, pictures, reviews and peer to peer support for current and future Epson Brand SureColor garment printer owners.

Do you have to cover cmyk only prints with parchment paper

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DTG Merch
  • 1 Post By proworlded

Share This Thread Thread Tools
Old December 28th, 2019 Dec 28, 2019 11:25:41 AM -   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member
T-Shirt Member

You can call me: Bill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default Do you have to cover cmyk only prints with parchment paper

I am considering an F2100 printer and I am wondering if you have to cover the print with parchment paper when you heat press the ink to set it when doing CMYK only. I have had 3 brother machines and you just put it under the machine and press the print. My presses usually have Teflon bras on them but I don't seem to need even that. I don't know I want to do that extra step, and have to stock paper and more garbage etc.
Again I am talking about CMYK. I realize that if I am printing with white ink I probably want to cover the print with something to avoid making a mess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2019 Dec 29, 2019 4:59:18 AM -   #2 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Everson
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default Re: Do you have to cover cmyk only prints with parchment paper

Hello Bill, hope you doing fine!

Well, in my opinion, and based on my experience with DTG;
- You do not need it. The parchment paper or press paper normally is only used when you print CMYK + White. (there are more layers, consequently, the press paper will make the feel more soft and with a MATE finishing.
- Also, with the Teflon sheet that is already in place on the heat the press you have, you do not neet the parchment paper for CMYK + W. The only difference will be in the aspect of the print after the heat press.
With Teflon you get a shiny look
With parchment paper, you get a mate look.

Just remember to clean up the Teflon from time to time. After long use, you gonna get ink residues from the prints you pressed before.

- Furthermore; if you print CMYK only, you can also skip the pretreatment. The result will be not as sharp and vibrant as when you pretreat the t-shirt, but depending on the print, it can also have a good result.
Just do a wash test to guarantee that your curing process is fine-tuned for non-pretreated t-shirts.

I hope to have helped.
Season greetings!!!
monomanb likes this.

Old December 29th, 2019 Dec 29, 2019 5:06:42 AM -   #3 (permalink)
T-Shirt Lover
T-Shirt Fan

You can call me: Everson
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Ah! I forgot something...

I understand you do not have a tunnel dryer to dry/cure the design after printing.

Just as a suggestion; you can hover the print for a few seconds before pressing. That will dry the ink a little and avoid ink mess.

Old December 29th, 2019 Dec 29, 2019 8:40:27 AM -   #4 (permalink)
TSF Veteran
Certified T-Shirt Junkie

You can call me: Ed
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 1,206 Times in 1,126 Posts

Bill. Covering a design is always not necessary. I would suggest testing a couple of prints each way. One on each side of the same shirt. Put them through a couple of washes and see if there is any difference.
Happy New Year.
DTG Merch likes this.

This is a discussion about Do you have to cover cmyk only prints with parchment paper that was posted in the Epson SureColor DTG Printers section of the forums.

Quick Reply
Type Your Message Below:
Do NOT Post Self Promotional URLs, Advertisements, Sales Offers or Requests. It is against our Forum Guidelines.
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the T-Shirt Forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Your username must be between 2 and 16 characters and contain only letters and numbers (no special characters like hyphens, *, ', ~, etc)
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A confirmation email will be sent to this address, so please make sure it is accurate and that your email software is set to allow emails from our domain: t-shirtforums.com (sometimes the confirmation email gets accidently filtered into Yahoo/AOL/Hotmail/Gmail spam folders)

You won't be able to post until your email address has been confirmed. We take your privacy very seriously. Feel free to review our Privacy Policy in a new window.
Email Address:
First Name
It's nice to be able to be on a "first name" basis with the people you talk to in a forum. This is a totally optional field; if you like being on a first name basis, please enter your first name below :)

Log-in